Great News
Soaked Poncho Offline

RE: Great News
gpprotection Wrote:
Soaked Poncho Wrote:
gpprotection Wrote:
Soaked Poncho Wrote:
Bruce Wrote:Hello Everyone,
We just had a ground breaking event at Fuel Saver-MPG. We now have a data base with almost instant access to..
1. Determining whether a vehicle has a wide band or narrow band sensor.
2. How many O2 sensors a vehicle has upstream of the catalytic converter.
3. What configuration of other sensors that a vehicle has that input to the ECU.
4. We can tell you right away now which EFIE can be used on your vehicle.
All of this used to require some involved research in the case of many vehicles but now we can determine it in just a few minutes.
So if any of our customers, or even if you are not a customer, and would like to know what you have or what type EFIE you need just email your make/model/year/engine information to me at support@fuel-saver.org

Bruce

Bruce, Rick (colchiro) sent me. My primary question has to do with the O2 sensors that my vehicle is equipped with and whether or not they are compatable with your EFIE unit(S). I was quite dismayed to find that my sensors were 4 wire units, but perked up a bit when I found that they are Hego sensors. Rick gave me the final boost of encouragement when he told me that they are the heated type and were more than likely compatable; however, he advised that I check with you for the final word. So, here I am with my hat in my hand AND several questions, I hope that you can find the time to answer them.

Vehicle: '98 Lincoln MK-8 LSC, 4.6 litre V-8

1) Your response to "gpprotection" regarding his Towncar may also apply to my vehicle, but, to be certain, I'm compelled to ask if the Hego sensors are, indeed, compatable with your EFIE.

2) I have purchased the Gas4Free plans, however, after several unanswered inquiries to their tech support (no response in two weeks and still counting) and reading similar complaints from SEVERAL of your subscibers, I'm beginning to question whether or not I "picked the right Horse." Additionally, I've read on your forum that many people are having difficulty with blowing fuses (units drawing mass amps) and the units heating up. I've tried to do my homework on my HHO project and noted that the units that seem to be the most successful and efficient integrate neutral plates in their electolyzers and I'm a bit surprised to find that the Gas4Free cells don't call for any neutral plates at all. Should I be looking elsewhere Bruce? If so, where do I look and will your EFIE work with other designs? It seems more than apparent that fuel-savers has a relationship with Gas4Free, so this may be a sensative question, but it is one that begs to be asked. This is a totally new concept to me and I'm sure a host of others, so reliable tech support is an absolute MUST. The promised "48 hr." response time is simply fiction and, in addition to the above issues, this is why I ask.

3) Lastly, I was given the impression that Gas4Free would also provide a parts list and schematics for a EFIE. They list the number of components required, but don't specify what they are, nor do they provide the schematics. I suspect the unit in question is yours, so, with the hope that there is no harm in the asking, my question is whether or not fuel-savers will provide the schematics and parts list? There's no offense intended and I'm not trying do 'dig into your pockets", but I'm quite comfortable with circuitry and was rather looking forward to building my own unit. If it's not in the cards, so be it.

You folks have created a great forum Bruce, I can't imagine any visitor to this site not coming away with useful information. Keep up the good work.
Best Regards, Lance

You are right all about the Gass4Free Unit. It did blow many fuses and I found the only one that works is 30amp fuse. Also it did have overheating problems also (I guess thats why we use 1/2in polyurethane close to bullet proof). I removed it last week just to look it over and be sure which end the problem is on and now I'm not sure. Inside the unit it was scorched on the side from one wire touching the side and I have added longer bolts with nuts on both sides so I can tighten the bolt so tight that it leaves no slack in the wire and lifts the plates off the bottom. I have not installed the unit yet again so we will see. Also the only way I found to get a response (a bad one but it was a response) is through click bank. Use your email receipt to email them and they will get things rolling and if no response give you the option of a refund. Hope we can help each other some more. JD GPprotection.

Thank you for your response JD, I have yet to construct a unit and if I do I'm considering expanding it in size to a sufficient degree to allow for the addition of some neutral plates. Also 30 Amps has me concerned as the MK-8 Alt. is rated at 130 Amps and I have been Strongly advised by an auto electric pro I know to NOT exceed I/3 the capacity of the alt.. There's still a little wiggle room at a 30 Amp draw, but one never knows what lurks around the corner ------. With tech support being so poor, I just don't know which way to approach this project. If you have a unit on your bench, have you established how many litres/min your unit is producing? If you have, I'd be grateful if you would share data.
Again, Thanks fir your response.
Best Regards, Lance

Hey Lance,
I can relate to your outlook on the amps but I did skip the 25amp range just out of frustration. Also I looked at Bruce's response and he is totally right on the distilled water only part it just don't apply to me, because that was the second thing I did when I blew another fuse and have run only distilled water since.
I have not run a LPM test but I plan to make the next one MUCH BIGGER! This one does not produce near enough for anything lager than a 2 liter car. So best bet is take the plans you have and multiply it by 3. Let me know but it seems your allot smarter than me I just trusted the plans and know $300 later and a ton of time I say I am only 50% towards my goal of at least 30mpg. If possible I would give you my junk email address and we can communicate much quicker together and post our success here. Thanks JD

Boy JD, is this ever becoming the thread of threads! I appreciate your confirming Bruce's suggestion regarding the electrolyte, I'm adding it to my ledger as soon as I complete this note. Although I'm flattered by your comment, I don't put much stock in "intelligence" and I question the veracity of your statement --- it's all relative my friend, and if you look at the facts, you already have a funtioning unit which puts you way ahead of my game. Nuff said on that. As to sharing information with you, I'd be more than glad to do so; I believe, at this point, that I have more to gain from such an arrangement than you, but I'm a firm advocate of the "two heads are better" concept and ultimately, as you have alluded, we'll be sharing whatever information we compile with the rest of "the membership" which adheres to the "common goal" concept of this forum. If you have a "junk" e-mail address that you haven't a problem with publishing JD, then just post it on this thread and we can start the exchange and get to work. If that's a problem, let me know and we can figure out another plan.
Looking forward to working with you, Lance
10-26-2008 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tienquang2 Offline

I have a 1992 240sx SE DOHC. I have tried an MAF enhancer with my HHO injector and it does not work. Do you think I need an EFIE? My O2 sensor is a single wire unit. Is that consider narrow band or wide band?

Thanks,
10-28-2008 10:42 AM
gpprotection Offline

tienquang2 Wrote:I have a 1992 240sx SE DOHC. I have tried an MAF enhancer with my HHO injector and it does not work. Do you think I need an EFIE? My O2 sensor is a single wire unit. Is that consider narrow band or wide band?

Thanks,

I'm not sure about the answer but in the instruction on the install link there is a reference to 1995 and newer cars. You might want to check that out. JD
10-28-2008 01:46 PM
Bruce Offline

tienquang2 Wrote:I have a 1992 240sx SE DOHC. I have tried an MAF enhancer with my HHO injector and it does not work. Do you think I need an EFIE? My O2 sensor is a single wire unit. Is that consider narrow band or wide band?

Thanks,

I sent you an email but for others on the forum. You have one narrow band sensor so a single EFIE would work. Also wide band sensors were first introduced in 1994 so no cars prior to that year will have a stock OEM wide band sensor.

Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

FuelSaver-MPG Documents Page
10-30-2008 03:30 PM
Yodamaker Offline

First off, THANK YOU GUYS!!! For making this info available.

I too have been busy creating a system for the people in my community and have several units installed on a variety of cars and up until now have had no way of predicting the electrical countermeasures necessary to circumvent the computer's controls reliably.

First vehicle is a 2005 GMC Canyon with the VORTEC 2.8 4 cyl eng.
Second is a 2002 Chevy Avalanche with an 8 cyl eng.

I have my HHO generator on my 89 Ford Probe and have had incredible results from it. I have increased the mpg from 30mpg to over 50mpg in the same driving conditions. The generator produces over 2 liters per minute under the vacuum and uses around 20-25 amps with only 2-3 tsp of baking soda. The Probe has a digital EFIE i bought from 3rdbrakelight.com. I only recently found that you guys were selling them.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

89 Ford Probe 4cyl 51mpg/hwy
http://www.greatertech.com
11-01-2008 12:17 PM
Bruce Offline

Yodamaker Wrote:First off, THANK YOU GUYS!!! For making this info available.

I too have been busy creating a system for the people in my community and have several units installed on a variety of cars and up until now have had no way of predicting the electrical countermeasures necessary to circumvent the computer's controls reliably.

First vehicle is a 2005 GMC Canyon with the VORTEC 2.8 4 cyl eng.
Second is a 2002 Chevy Avalanche with an 8 cyl eng.

I have my HHO generator on my 89 Ford Probe and have had incredible results from it. I have increased the mpg from 30mpg to over 50mpg in the same driving conditions. The generator produces over 2 liters per minute under the vacuum and uses around 20-25 amps with only 2-3 tsp of baking soda. The Probe has a digital EFIE i bought from 3rdbrakelight.com. I only recently found that you guys were selling them.

Hello,
You are welcome.
The 05' Canyon has 1 narrow band sensor upstream of the catalytic converter so you would need a single EFIE. On the Avalanche I checked both V-8's that were available that year and in both cases It appears to have 2 O2 sensors (narrow band) upstream of your catalytic converter, so a Dual EFIE would work for you.
If you need wiring diagrams email me at support@fuel-saver.org and I will send them. I'll need to now which V-8 is in the Avalanche.

Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

11-02-2008 12:52 PM
Yodamaker Offline

Have you ever used the MAPSE and the EFIE at the same time? I have a Map Sensor Enhancer on the vehicle already and I am about to install your EFIE. Should I remove the MAPSE on the 05 GMC Canyon or just instal the EFIE next to it?

11-06-2008 12:37 PM
Bruce Offline

Yodamaker Wrote:Have you ever used the MAPSE and the EFIE at the same time? I have a Map Sensor Enhancer on the vehicle already and I am about to install your EFIE. Should I remove the MAPSE on the 05 GMC Canyon or just instal the EFIE next to it?
Many of our customers have used both successfully but in some cases we find that the EFIE is all that is needed. I would try both to start with.
Bruce

Bruce
Customer Service
FuelSaver-MPG

11-07-2008 10:47 AM
Yodamaker Offline

Bruce Wrote:Many of our customers have used both successfully but in some cases we find that the EFIE is all that is needed. I would try both to start with.
Bruce

Cool, I will play with that. I will let you know how it goes, we are installing it tonight!

11-07-2008 12:35 PM
donnyonee Offline

bruce,
i have a 08 smart car. 3 cyl, 1.0 L its a mercedes with a mitsubishi motor. im putting together a generator for it. what kind of specs can you give me for it and what do you suggest for controls?
thanks, don

edit; any ideas where to get the alternator upgraded?
and, my plates are -nnn+nnn-, any thoughts on this?

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2008 11:00 AM by donnyonee.)
11-11-2008 10:56 AM