Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great results!! 70mpg!! 53mpg with leaks..*NEWEST PICS + VIDEOS pg. 9*
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Great results!! 70mpg!! 53mpg with leaks..*NEWEST PICS + VIDEOS pg. 9*
Everyone, guess what?! I got some noticeable results finally *yay music!* Before I was getting an average (stop + go, travel, etc.) of around 35mpg and a little under 50mpg when driving. Check this out!

So I went on a little trip (165 miles one way) this weekend shortly after installing my new plate (or smack) design. I thought it would be a great way to test how well it works, seeing how I've done that drive 100000 times (college route), so I know EXACTLY how much gas I used before generators, with ethanol, and with two generator designs. WELL, here are the results with my NEWEST generator vs. my older setups (1 tank = 15gal.):
*REMEMBER: E85 was ONLY used on test #2, no others!*
1. No alternatives - 1/2 tank (8 gal.)
2. E85 fuel - ~7 gallons
3. Generator #1 - 5 gallons
4. Generator #3 - 4 gallons
5. NEWEST generator (#5 I think?) - 2 gallons!!
Ok, well here you are thinking "WTF, that's a jump...?" Ok, ok, so it wasn't 2 gallons on the dot, it was like 2.4 gallons at most. But either way! You calculate that and it's around 69mpg at least! WOW!! did I mention it's got almost every variety of terrain? Here's a spec. of the drive to the college (destination):

First 1/4 - smooth, tiny hills
Second 1/4 - LOTS of mountain
Third 1/4 - bit mountainy, lots of small (35mph) towns
Fourth 1/4 - smooth, few small (35mph) towns (including destination)

I sure hope this helps! I'm also running a 14-plate setup like this (changing later?): +NNNNN--NNNNN+
And I'm producing a little under 1LPM if I calculated it right (video coming soon!)
As always, I only use distilled water (~1/3 gallon) with ~1 teaspoon of NaOH (should I add more or not?) or "Roebic" from the local Lowes. And my mods to the computer-based stuff include o2 gappers on pre and post-cat o2 sensors (because of aftermarket header, need post-cat for no CEL), that's it.

Feel free to discuss or ask away with your questions! To be honest, I'm probably using most of my gas on daily commutes when I start the car. Tongue

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2008 09:18 AM by RDKamikaze.)
07-29-2008 12:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
we37 Offline

RE: Yay, I finally consider this a result!!
RDKamikaze Wrote:Everyone, guess what?! I got some noticable results finally *yay music!* Before I was getting an average (stop + go, travel, etc.) of around 35mpg and a little under 50mpg when driving. Check this out!

So I went on a little trip (165 miles one way) this weekend shortly after installing my new plate (or smack) design. I thought it would be a great way to test how well it works, seeing how I've done that drive 100000 times (college route), so I know EXACTLY how much gas I used before generators, with ethanol, and with two generator designs. WELL, here are the results with my NEWEST generator vs. my older setups (1 tank = 15gal.):
2. E85 fuel - ~7 gallons
Ok, well here you are thinking "WTF, that's a jump...?" Ok, ok, so it wasn't 2 gallons on the dot, it was like 2.4 gallons at most. But either way! You calculate that and it's around 69mpg at least! WOW!! did I mention it's got almost every variety of terrain? Here's a spec. of the drive to the college (destination):

I sure hope this helps! I'm also running a 14-plate setup like this (changing later?): +NNNNN--NNNNN+
And I'm producing a little under 1LPM if I calculated it right (video coming soon!)
As always, I only use distilled water (~1/3 gallon) with ~1 teaspoon of NaOH (should I add more or not?) or "Roebic" from the local Lowes. And my mods to the computer-based stuff include o2 gappers on pre and post-cat o2 sensors (because of aftermarket header, need post-cat for no CEL), that's it.

Feel free to discuss or ask away with your questions! To be honest, I'm probably using most of my gas on daily commutes when I start the car. Tongue

Congratulations RDKamikaze,

That's beyond GREAT, that's FANTASTIC!!!!

Soon we'll be seeing more posts like this.
07-29-2008 05:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbarrett2go Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Everyone, guess what?! I got some noticable results finally *yay music!* Before I was getting an average (stop + go, travel, etc.) of around 35mpg and a little under 50mpg when driving. Check this out!

2. E85 fuel - ~7 gallons

Congrats!!
I hope to improve my own system and acheive better numbers. Any chance of posting a picture of your plate config? this interests me, also all the N's in between.
Jimbo the Canuck
07-29-2008 10:21 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate all the support on this forum. For those of us who watch my videos on youtube, I'm always mentioning for people to check us out!

And I'm still not sure on a few things: what should I change my plate configuration to to get better results with my one generator (not two yet)? And if I split it to two gens. at 7 plates each (2 systems), what would be a good configuration? And where do I get this plasti dip? I really don't want to have to order it on ebay for $15 if I can pick it up locally somewhere, any input? And where the heck is my ammeter!?!? darn Chinese, thinking they can take longer than a week to get something shipped to the USA and have me ok with that...even though I knew...it would take that long.....But still!! lol

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-29-2008 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nyc_tek Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate all the support on this forum. For those of us who watch my videos on youtube, I'm always mentioning for people to check us out!

And I'm still not sure on a few things: what should I change my plate configuration to to get better results with my one generator (not two yet)? And if I split it to two gens. at 7 plates each (2 systems), what would be a good configuration? And where do I get this plasti dip? I really don't want to have to order it on ebay for $15 if I can pick it up locally somewhere, any input? And where the heck is my ammeter!?!? darn Chinese, thinking they can take longer than a week to get something shipped to the USA and have me ok with that...even though I knew...it would take that long.....But still!! lol

Hey post some pics,are you using EFIE or any extra modifications for your HHO output?
07-29-2008 12:25 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

Nope, just the o2 gappers as mentioned in the first post. No PWM, no nothing other than a relay to turn the generator on with my car and the 20A fuses like normal. I'll be getting pictures and a video up after I do my schedule for work.

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

07-29-2008 12:33 PM
steelerfan89 Offline

Another Winner!!!

Congrats dude
07-29-2008 12:47 PM
CraigBMM Offline

steelerfan89 Wrote:Another Winner!!!

Congrats dude

any check valves? , bubbler? where are you injecting it?

nice job
07-29-2008 01:45 PM
colchiro Offline

RDK, nice.Wink

To clarify.... #'s 3-5 are using E85 as well?

How many trips with the latest gen? (i.e. how many times have you got these nice results?)

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-29-2008 02:21 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Awesome RDK!! Can't wait to do as good. Keep going!! John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-29-2008 06:04 PM