Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Green LED not flashing
james67 Offline

Green LED not flashing
some months ago i bought an EFIE and payed mechanic to learn and install for me.. but it didnt seem to do anything and from what info i got from fuel saver..it may not be installed correct.
The mechanic cut wires near the ECU on my 1998 chevy venture van
(1 downstream and 1 up stream sensor) but only the red LED light goes on on the uni,t not the green, which supposed to flash.
I noticed that he used the wires from the ECU, even red and black .. (power & ground)
I tried looking for a schematic on the ECU wiring but i cant find one online.
I cant seem to understand fuel-saver diagrams either.
I spend over 200 dollars collectively getting and installing this, i dont want to be just left with nothing to show for it.
04-25-2011 03:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Green LED not flashing
(04-25-2011 03:42 PM)james67 Wrote:  some months ago i bought an EFIE and payed mechanic to learn and install for me.. but it didnt seem to do anything and from what info i got from fuel saver..it may not be installed correct.
(1 downstream and 1 up stream sensor) but only the red LED light goes on on the uni,t not the green, which supposed to flash.
I noticed that he used the wires from the ECU, even red and black .. (power & ground)
I spend over 200 dollars collectively getting and installing this, i dont want to be just left with nothing to show for it.

If the green LED isn't flashing, it isn't hooked up correctly - or, perhaps there's something wrong with your car. An older car like that with an original oxygen sensor could be the problem. Are you getting any trouble light?

If you have original oxygen sensors, get them replaced. They are supposed to be replaced every 80K miles. If that's never been done, the ones you have are probably just shot.

You can contact support@fuelsaver-mpg.com if you need more assistance getting this project squared away.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-25-2011 05:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
james67 Offline

(04-25-2011 05:45 PM)mike Wrote:  
(04-25-2011 03:42 PM)james67 Wrote:  some months ago i bought an EFIE and payed mechanic to learn and install for me.. but it didnt seem to do anything and from what info i got from fuel saver..it may not be installed correct.

If the green LED isn't flashing, it isn't hooked up correctly - or, perhaps there's something wrong with your car. An older car like that with an original oxygen sensor could be the problem. Are you getting any trouble light?

If you have original oxygen sensors, get them replaced. They are supposed to be replaced every 80K miles. If that's never been done, the ones you have are probably just shot.

You can contact support@fuelsaver-mpg.com if you need more assistance getting this project squared away.

I had a trouble light for a spark plug alone when i replaced them for high wattage plugs.
I can replace the sensors sure, but doesn't the EFIE override the signal anyways and send voltage to ECU..
maybe i shuld try sending power directly to battery and black to ground body see if that helps too

thanks
04-26-2011 09:01 AM
mike Offline

(04-26-2011 09:01 AM)james67 Wrote:  I had a trouble light for a spark plug alone when i replaced them for high wattage plugs.
I can replace the sensors sure, but doesn't the EFIE override the signal anyways and send voltage to ECU..
maybe i shuld try sending power directly to battery and black to ground body see if that helps too

thanks

The EFIE uses the oxygen sensor's signal and modifies it. But if the signal its receiving is shot, then it's output will also be bad. It doesn't make up a new signal. It modifies the original. The original has to be at least working pretty well.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-27-2011 06:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
james67 Offline

(04-27-2011 06:38 PM)mike Wrote:  
(04-26-2011 09:01 AM)james67 Wrote:  I had a trouble light for a spark plug alone when i replaced them for high wattage plugs.

thanks

The EFIE uses the oxygen sensor's signal and modifies it. But if the signal its receiving is shot, then it's output will also be bad. It doesn't make up a new signal. It modifies the original. The original has to be at least working pretty well.

ty , i will see if i can change the sensors then but first i want to figure out if the mechanic didnt even wire it correct..
on my 1998 chevy venture today i open up the cover and noticed that the mechanic wired the sensors + and negitive to brown wires only.. something tells me thats not right, but it may be.
05-04-2011 09:17 AM