Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
H2 tank installation on diesel and gas engine?
77 chevy k30 Offline

H2 tank installation on diesel and gas engine?
Im looking for tips on setting up my H2 high pressure tank for a diesel and a gasoline engine.

Ive done some research and tried hy boosting my carb'd 81 360. But had difficulty. I injected the hydro and it slowed down my rpm;s. I retarded my ingnition timing to 0 degrees but i guess im suppossed to retard the valve timing to 0. And redegree the cam.

Second what are the general rules for injecting and boosting a diesel.
I have 2000 caterpillar engine with a ecm, cant afford to NUKE it. The research so far says its easier then boosting gas engine suppossedly because its a compression ignited ingnition. anyone know anything specific. I dont know if the engine needs anything, or i can just inject and record results.
07-21-2008 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
deon Offline

RE: H2 tank installation on diesel and gas engine?
HI CHEVY. FROM WHAT I HAVE READ MANY TIMES, IT IS MUCH EASIER TO FIDDLE WITH A DIESEL THAN A PETROL VEHICLE. I HAVE A DIESEL ISUZU PICK UP AND AM DRIVING WITH PROPANE INJECTION. IT MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO MY PERFORMANCE AS WELL AS MY FUEL ECONOMY. IT INCREASED AND I AM HAPPY. NOW I AM BUILDING ME A 38 X SS BOOSTER. I AM JUST FISHING FOR THE CORRECT PLANS TO BUILD IT. DEON
08-02-2008 05:54 AM
77 chevy k30 Offline

bump---------------------
10-16-2009 02:12 PM
Smudge Offline

I don't call the plate holding tank a "pressure" tank, but I believe I get what you mean. I had the output from my tank simply stuck into the intake hose before the filter. My diesel is a mere 50 horsepower VW with no electronic management. If you've got a bubbler, which you by all means absolutely should considering the bumping and vibration on a big cat, you could "inject" right before the intake side on the turbo.
Get the hyoc2DT from Eagle-Research as it has a good picture of where/how to "inject" a combust enhancement line into the turbo.
Your 12L machine that's probably running 18 psi turbo 8 hours of the day could easily suck down 3 liters per minute of hho if not 6.
I'd start with a 1.5 or 2LPM generator, check the results and then add a second 2LPM unit. I've been wanting to build a hho generator for a 12L diesel for years but don't have access to a big truck anymore.

(10-16-2009 02:12 PM)77 chevy k30 Wrote:  bump---------------------
10-16-2009 04:18 PM
77 chevy k30 Offline

i actually have a high pressure h2 tank rated at 2250psi, but also looking to go the generator route becuase no one sells anything above 5000 psi and no one can fill above 2500 psi in my area, and the sucky thing is that i live in cleveland and have air products and other gas houses in the close area, but no one has that technology yet here.

what do u know about these pwm's and needing these inverters?
i dont wnat to burn up my altenator but also not buy anything unnecessary

what about using the sodium hydrides instead of the electrolyzers? sounds like thats better then using eneergy to create energy.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2009 04:59 PM by 77 chevy k30.)
10-16-2009 04:52 PM
Smudge Offline

Interesting setup, you're driving around with a h2 tank?
You've got big brass ones!
Sounds like the easiest way would be right into the air cleaner.
I'm curious how you turn the valve on and off.
Do you have a turbo pressure sensor set to open your tank?
Do you have a h2 regulator from some sort of established h2 fuel system?

An inverter would turn your rig's 12vDC to 120 volt alternating current.
I don't know of anyone using 120v on a vehicle, although it's possible someone is. The PulseWidthModulator regulates the amperage from your alternator going into an electolyzer to keep your alternator or electrolyzer from burning up. If your electrolyzer CAN suck 80 amps, a 30 amp pwm will make sure that only 30 amps flow.
Getting a pwm is a pretty good idea, but knowing how many amps you really need is the first question to answer. How much gas does your CAT need?
Sodium hydroxide is something added to the water in an electrolyzer to allow the electrical current to pass through the otherwise electricly-resistant-water easily and efficiently. You're still using energy to produce your hho combustion catylist. You're just using hopefully the least amount of energy to create your gas.
Sodium hydroxide eats aluminum faster than kids eat potato chips.
Make sure to pass the output of any electrolyzer through a water bubbler chamber to filter out any sodium hydroxide and keep your piston heads happy. In winter, you can fill your bubbler with diesel fuel so that it doesn't freeze.

Thanks for stepping up and speaking your needs.
Good questions facilitate good answers.
-EG

(10-16-2009 04:52 PM)77 chevy k30 Wrote:  i actually have a high pressure h2 tank rated at 2250psi, but also looking to go the generator route becuase no one sells anything above 5000 psi and no one can fill above 2500 psi in my area, and the sucky thing is that i live in cleveland and have air products and other gas houses in the close area, but no one has that technology yet here.

what do u know about these pwm's and needing these inverters?
i dont wnat to burn up my altenator but also not buy anything unnecessary

what about using the sodium hydrides instead of the electrolyzers? sounds like thats better then using eneergy to create energy.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2009 07:51 PM by Smudge.)
10-16-2009 07:34 PM
77 chevy k30 Offline

I have a 2000 14.4liter caterpillar engine and im trying to research what i need to put together a hho system. does it have a map/maf senor?

acording to some sights a diesel should have one, but most sites refer to light duty trucks, this is a semi.

browngas.com says 0.5 lpm per engine liter. 14.4liter engine=7.2 lpm gas needed.
10-17-2009 03:56 AM