Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP!!! NO IMPROVEMENT
troegera Offline

HELP!!! NO IMPROVEMENT
I have installed a smack style booster on my hyundai elantra with a pwmpower efie. I have played with the voltage output from the efie and gone up and down the spectrum and have seen no difference in my gpm whatsoever. tuning it up too high had no effect but gave me the check engine light, and turning it way down still made no difference. i have set it in the middle range and adjusted it up and down over the course of about 2 months and I have not seen a change in gas mileage. I am using distilled water with NaOH and making a little less than 1 liter per minute COLD. Can anyone help me to find a way to get some mpg's out of this investment? Thank you
also i am getting some strange numbers on my o2 sensor. with out the efie installed, i was getting readings from 400mv to 1.1v, and now at 200mv from the efie i am just getting 550mv to 1.3v. I really feel that this voltage is too high. this isn't normal is it? i would think that my o2 sensor may have been bad, but the voltage fluctuates up and down just like it should and my original gas mileage on the hway was 28-30mpg, which is the same as what it is now
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2009 10:25 AM by troegera.)
03-30-2009 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
freddyhho Offline

RE: HELP!!! NO IMPROVEMENT
(03-30-2009 10:18 AM)troegera Wrote:  I have installed a smack style booster on my hyundai elantra with a pwmpower efie. I have played with the voltage output from the efie and gone up and down the spectrum and have seen no difference in my gpm whatsoever. tuning it up too high had no effect but gave me the check engine light, and turning it way down still made no difference. i have set it in the middle range and adjusted it up and down over the course of about 2 months and I have not seen a change in gas mileage. I am using distilled water with NaOH and making a little less than 1 liter per minute COLD. Can anyone help me to find a way to get some mpg's out of this investment? Thank you
also i am getting some strange numbers on my o2 sensor. with out the efie installed, i was getting readings from 400mv to 1.1v, and now at 200mv from the efie i am just getting 550mv to 1.3v. I really feel that this voltage is too high. this isn't normal is it? i would think that my o2 sensor may have been bad, but the voltage fluctuates up and down just like it should and my original gas mileage on the hway was 28-30mpg, which is the same as what it is now

There's so many things it can fail and you must to eliminate one by one.
First to try; You have to be sure that the HHO is getting to the engine via vacuum or air intake. Second; You EFIE settings is high, if you have the manual of you Hyundai, look for the O2 operating values and from there you can setup the EFIE whit the care of not to pass those values (I'm using the EFIE in the .150mv range) or the ECU start to ignore those readings and use the values stored in the memory (normally putting more gas in the engine). Also check for leaks in the hose from HHO device to the bubbler and engine input. Maybe, (and just maybe) you need to add a MAP/MAF enhancer to help the EFIE to lean the air/fuel mixture.

1995 Dodge Ram 2500
V8 5.9L 360
Tero Dry Cell 19 plates (3 cells 5 neutrals)
MAP and EFIE Enhancers
Water Vaporizer
Gasoline Vaporizer
03-30-2009 02:56 PM
ptours99 Offline

(03-30-2009 02:56 PM)freddyhho Wrote:  
(03-30-2009 10:18 AM)troegera Wrote:  I have installed a smack style booster on my hyundai elantra with a pwmpower efie. I have played with the voltage output from the efie and gone up and down the spectrum and have seen no difference in my gpm whatsoever. tuning it up too high had no effect but gave me the check engine light, and turning it way down still made no difference. i have set it in the middle range and adjusted it up and down over the course of about 2 months and I have not seen a change in gas mileage. I am using distilled water with NaOH and making a little less than 1 liter per minute COLD. Can anyone help me to find a way to get some mpg's out of this investment? Thank you

There's so many things it can fail and you must to eliminate one by one.
First to try; You have to be sure that the HHO is getting to the engine via vacuum or air intake. Second; You EFIE settings is high, if you have the manual of you Hyundai, look for the O2 operating values and from there you can setup the EFIE whit the care of not to pass those values (I'm using the EFIE in the .150mv range) or the ECU start to ignore those readings and use the values stored in the memory (normally putting more gas in the engine). Also check for leaks in the hose from HHO device to the bubbler and engine input. Maybe, (and just maybe) you need to add a MAP/MAF enhancer to help the EFIE to lean the air/fuel mixture.
it happened to me and leaks are the #1 culprit.second what size engine do you have.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
03-30-2009 03:11 PM
colchiro Offline

How many miles on your front o2's? At 50k miles we start to think about replacing them and they need replacing no later than 100k miles.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-30-2009 04:00 PM