Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO Flow vs Fuel pump
Zipstor Offline

HHO Flow vs Fuel pump
Hey there,

I have a question in mind since a while. Here it is. The HHO generator does produce fuel but its not connected to a pump regarding that the output flow is constant. When this constant flux of fuel is added to the mixture, then the idle should be higher would'nt it? If so, EFIE products are they designed to act just as the idle screw on old carburated cars?

Cheers.

>> http://brownsgas.com
12-06-2008 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: HHO Flow vs Fuel pump
The efie adds a small voltage to the signal from the o2 sensor to compensate for the tendency of the ecu to go richer when hho is added. In other words, except when first started, when the efie slowly increases the voltage, it'll always add the same voltage to the o2 signal. There's been no evidence that changing it with speed is necessary (although Bob Boyce just announced a similar feature for his new $800 cell).

Even with the efie installed, the o2 sensor still will control the air fuel ratio (rich or lean), whether hho is present or not. Also, idle speed is generally controlled by the ecu on modern vehicles so that might nix your theory as well.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-06-2008 06:26 PM
Milosm Offline

colchiro Wrote:The efie adds a small voltage to the signal from the o2 sensor to compensate for the tendency of the ecu to go richer when hho is added. In other words, except when first started, when the efie slowly increases the voltage, it'll always add the same voltage to the o2 signal. There's been no evidence that changing it with speed is necessary (although Bob Boyce just announced a similar feature for his new $800 cell).

Even with the efie installed, the o2 sensor still will control the air fuel ratio (rich or lean), whether hho is present or not. Also, idle speed is generally controlled by the ecu on modern vehicles so that might nix your theory as well.

Rick:
I think the reason Bob added that feature was to take the load off the generator/engine at idle or low RPM, I also think that there would some sort of a delay in the generator going from low to high output.

Doug.
12-06-2008 07:17 PM
colchiro Offline

Hi Doug, my thoughts exactly.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-06-2008 07:19 PM
Zipstor Offline

Rick,

You are not answering my question at all. Does the input of HHO gas does or not increase the revs at idle.

12-06-2008 07:58 PM
Gary Offline

It lowers it on some cars and trucks, like BOTH of mine. And on other days it does nothing to it.
12-06-2008 08:04 PM
Milosm Offline

Zipstor Wrote:Rick,

You are not answering my question at all. Does the input of HHO gas does or not increase the revs at idle.
Zip:
It has been known to do that in some cases, it has also been reported to smoothen it out somewhat. I think it depends on how much gas your generating.

Doug.
12-06-2008 08:49 PM
Zipstor Offline

When you turn the idle screw anticlockwise on a carburator you allow more fuel to come in at idle state so the revs goes up.

When you inject an amount of HHO its increases the amount of fuels (Petrol+HHO combined) coming in so the revs should go up just like if you turn the screw anticlockwise would'nt it. Am I making sense.

12-06-2008 08:56 PM
colchiro Offline

hho contains fuel (h2) AND oxygen (o2) in the right proportions, so it really isn't richer. Like Gary and Doug said, it might vary depending on conditions (and engine load), but there's no guarantee.

Rick

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2008 09:17 PM by colchiro.)
12-06-2008 09:17 PM
Zipstor Offline

colchiro Wrote:hho contains fuel (h2) AND oxygen (o2) in the right proportions, so it really isn't richer. Like Gary and Doug said, it might vary depending on conditions (and engine load), but there's no guarantee.

Spot on.

12-06-2008 10:03 PM