Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO GENERATOR BASICS FOR NEWBIES
pimpa Offline

HHO GENERATOR BASICS FOR NEWBIES
Hi, if you are a newbie, then let me share my HHO adventures and expriences with you.
I hope it will be useful at the beginning.
see attachment:
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2008 06:43 PM by pimpa.)
11-06-2008 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadScientist Offline

RE: HHO GENERATOR BASICS FOR NEWBIES
Pimpa, couldn't open your attachment. Try again.
11-30-2008 07:46 PM
MadScientist Offline

Oops, got it. Good info, but is on all plate cell design, not W4G setup.
11-30-2008 07:55 PM
Gary Offline

There is a reason six cells work better than seven. Do some study. Also, plate sanding has not been proven to add that much production. I thought all these basics had been settled in the last few months.
For a newbie guide, I would have made one at least four-five pages long with safety as being the paramount chapter. You got a good start, but only enough to get someone into trouble. Leaks and fabrications are not addressed, nor designs, safety, electrolytes and materials. Something this sketchy could get someone hurt and shouldn't be posted as a 'guide', IMO.

...and WHY would we want anyone misled into W4Crap setups? Unless you want to see them fail, and give HHO a worse name.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2008 01:30 AM by Gary.)
12-01-2008 01:28 AM
John Sargent Offline

Gary,
You have made some excellent points and observations! Would you consider writing a guide for new people trying HHO? Perhaps then it could be posted, and input added from those who have tried HHO also, and the result could be an excellent resource for everyone.
John

Gary Wrote:There is a reason six cells work better than seven. Do some study. Also, plate sanding has not been proven to add that much production. I thought all these basics had been settled in the last few months.
For a newbie guide, I would have made one at least four-five pages long with safety as being the paramount chapter. You got a good start, but only enough to get someone into trouble. Leaks and fabrications are not addressed, nor designs, safety, electrolytes and materials. Something this sketchy could get someone hurt and shouldn't be posted as a 'guide', IMO.

...and WHY would we want anyone misled into W4Crap setups? Unless you want to see them fail, and give HHO a worse name.
12-01-2008 04:53 AM
Pappa Ron Offline

Hi all, I am new to this forum and HHO work. Right now I have a car 2003 Buick LeSabre get avg of 24 mpg and a 91 Chevy RV. One of the areas I am concerned with is NO ROOM to install a generator in the 91 Chevy. Another thing I would like to know, If you install your HHO intake into the air intake past the ox sensor do you still need a efi controler?
Thanks
Pappa Ron
04-11-2009 07:13 AM
fulcrum Offline

Hello.

I'm a noob, and I'm looking for information on cell building. I hope to gain significant in-sight from this forum and others before I start a build.

I'd appreciate it if members of this group could point me in the right direction, perhaps provide links to websites and individual builds that show successful implementation of the HHO system, with step by step informtion.

Yes, I realize that each system will be different, but I hope that through reviewing the builds, that I will gain a much better understanding, and be able to start off on a good foundation, using the latest techniques.

I'll admit I've only been a member of this forum for a few days, but already I've learned much. This is the first forum that I found that goes in depth on several different aspects of a system build. I hope there are other forums too.

However, as of now, I'm still just trying to understand the basics, so a good push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Fulcrum
12-27-2009 11:44 PM
fulcrum Offline

Well my research is going fairly well (with the little time I have), as I did find plans for the Bob Boyce D9 system in a pdf format here:
http://pesn.com/2007/09/29/9500450_BobBo...zer_Plans/

Also at "Wam-a-Bam" website, I found a free offer for a manual. http://www.wam-a-bam.com. You supposedly get a email directing you to a free download.Tongue
Furthermore, I found several products for sale on ebay, http://www.ebay.com , where the sellers provided several high resolution pics of their systems / parts, which would help anyone figure out how to build thier own system and/or get a parts list & prices going. (Caution! some items are sold at a much higher cost than what you can purchase the same item at a local store.)

YouTube can be informative too, but it can be all too easy to go off on rabbit trails.

Best of All, I have found this forum to be very informative and active.

I look forward to doing my own build, after I get a little more immersed in the subject, and have a better understanding of the application. My personal target is to have a system up and running within 3 months.

Cheers!

Fulcrum

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 2010-01-26: According to Patrick Kelly the Wam-A-Bam system appears to be a scam. He does not know of any functional vehicles. The Wam-A-Bam plans are free, so for the noob looking for a quick project to boost mpg, look elsewhere.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2010 08:10 PM by fulcrum.)
01-02-2010 10:39 AM
fulcrum Offline

I found this website... http://www.b2bf.com/free_hho_plans.htm , which goes at length to explain the theory of the HHO cells, and also explains why Dry Cells are considered better by many builders over wet cells (I believe there is some disagreement in this forum though as to whether wet or dry are best). Free plans are offered, but the "plan" falls short of giving dimension information or where to locate all of the parts or discuss the water solution mix.

Fulcrum
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2010 08:13 PM by fulcrum.)
01-02-2010 09:25 PM
fulcrum Offline

Just an update...

I did recieve an email and a link to a free set of plans to build a HHO generator from www.wam-a-bam.com. Along with the free plans, I recieved another document discussiong EFIEs. I realize that this forum however fully covers EFIEs.

I also completed a full reading of Bob Boyce's D9 pdf. Very informative!

Cheers!

Fulcrum

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 2010-01-26: According to Patrick Kelly the Wam-A-Bam system appears to be a scam. He does not know of any functional vehicles. The Wam-A-Bam plans are free, so for the noob looking for a quick project to boost mpg, look elsewhere.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2010 08:14 PM by fulcrum.)
01-07-2010 09:18 AM