Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO Soldering Torch - Photos - How I Made It
DodgeViper Offline

HHO Soldering Torch - Photos - How I Made It
Here is my take on making a torch head. I used a 1/4" ball valve that is male NPT on one end and female NPT on the other end. The male end had the correct size center hole for a 1/4 x 20 tap. I tapped the hole of which a Hobart Mig Welding tips will screw into the male end of the ball valve. I believe this is a common thread size to mig welding tips so any brand will work.

Next I screwed the mig welding tip into the ball valve as tight as could and chucked up the tip in a drill. Using a file I removed the threads and tapped the brass on the male end of the ball valve.

I used a 6” x 1/4” brass pipe and Teflon tape both, next I threaded the pipe into the ball valve followed by a piece of neoprene hose for the handle, then bronze wool was placed inside of the pipe followed by the 3/8” hose barb on the other end.

Mig Welding Tips are available from in many sizes. I currently have .023 and .035 tip sizes on hand. The shut-off valve will allow you to control the flow of gas as well. Pictured with the .023 tip

I can see how pressure would build inside the bubbler and cell block due to the small size tip… In my HHO design I have a thin piece of Saran Wrap as a pop-off on the fill caps of the bubblers.

As you can see this makes a very clean, simple torch for those that want to play.

Here is a quality HHO torch for your HHO projects Includes .035 screw in tip, this giving the user complete control of what size tip to use for the amount of litters of HHO gas being produced. Have complete control of the flame with the ball valve at your finger tips. Made of entirely of brass with the exception of the copper tip. The neoprene handle is 6 inches long with overall torch length of 10 inches. 3/8 barb hose fitting.

[Image: 45.jpg]

[Image: 46.jpg]

[Image: 47.jpg]

[Image: 48.jpg]

[Image: 49.jpg]

[Image: Hydrogen%20Powered.jpg]
2002 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Ram
4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2009 04:26 PM by DodgeViper.)
01-04-2009 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: HHO Soldering Torch - Photos - How I Made It
Problems with it?
01-05-2009 03:07 PM
DodgeViper Offline

(01-05-2009 03:07 PM)Gary Wrote:  Problems with it?

No... I was at work and was doing an edit and somehow when I uploaded the photos were gone. So had to wait until I got back home to re-upload everything...

4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2009 04:31 PM by DodgeViper.)
01-05-2009 04:28 PM
abe Offline

(01-05-2009 04:28 PM)DodgeViper Wrote:  
(01-05-2009 03:07 PM)Gary Wrote:  Problems with it?

No... I was at work and was doing an edit and somehow when I uploaded the photos were gone. So had to wait until I got back home to re-upload everything...

Looks Cool Have you lit it yet. How does the bronze wool keep it from going back to your cell. I have a couple of extry cells I might try that out.
01-05-2009 05:26 PM
tonyc860 Offline

does bronze wool really work? i bought a bag of it to make a flash arrestor but of course never got to it. with my thoughts of building a larger unit i am wondering if I should add that to the mix.

Tony
2003 Volvo v70 2.5L turbo
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L v6
2005 F150 4.6 ltr-No longer Thank God!Smile
01-05-2009 06:20 PM
thomasbala Offline

(01-04-2009 03:34 PM)DodgeViper Wrote:  Here is my take on making a torch head. I used a 1/4" ball valve that is male NPT on one end and female NPT on the other end. The male end had the correct size center hole for a 1/4 x 20 tap. I tapped the hole of which a Hobart Mig Welding tips will screw into the male end of the ball valve. I believe this is a common thread size to mig welding tips so any brand will work.

Next I screwed the mig welding tip into the ball valve as tight as could and chucked up the tip in a drill. Using a file I removed the threads and tapped the brass on the male end of the ball valve.

I used a 6” x 1/4” brass pipe and Teflon tape both, next I threaded the pipe into the ball valve followed by a piece of neoprene hose for the handle, then bronze wool was placed inside of the pipe followed by the 3/8” hose barb on the other end.

Mig Welding Tips are available from in many sizes. I currently have .023 and .035 tip sizes on hand. The shut-off valve will allow you to control the flow of gas as well. Pictured with the .023 tip

I can see how pressure would build inside the bubbler and cell block due to the small size tip… In my HHO design I have a thin piece of Saran Wrap as a pop-off on the fill caps of the bubblers.

As you can see this makes a very clean, simple torch for those that want to play.

Here is a quality HHO torch for your HHO projects Includes .035 screw in tip, this giving the user complete control of what size tip to use for the amount of litters of HHO gas being produced. Have complete control of the flame with the ball valve at your finger tips. Made of entirely of brass with the exception of the copper tip. The neoprene handle is 6 inches long with overall torch length of 10 inches. 3/8 barb hose fitting.

[Image: 45.jpg]

[Image: 46.jpg]

[Image: 47.jpg]

[Image: 48.jpg]

[Image: 49.jpg]

Can it produce enough heat to silver solder, braze, weld?
01-05-2009 06:30 PM
realtyroy Offline

Hey viper man nice torch!
I built one just about like it using junk I had laying around the shop. Doesn't look as pretty as yours but it works really good. I used the .035 tip for mine but thought about going a little smaller to get a little sharper flame.

I've had a lot of fun with mine as I'm sure you have with yours. Fun post and nice pics!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2009 07:55 PM by realtyroy.)
01-05-2009 07:54 PM
DodgeViper Offline

No I have yet to try it... I had planned to start up my cell block last weekend but our family dog became ill and I put off the start-up. I mainly made the torch to show my 87 year old father what this HHO stuff is about. Would be really hard for him to understand or for that matter anyone to really get a grasp of this concept that the cell block is really producing any gas when hooked up to the intake. With the torch he and others will get a visual seeing the flame while the engine is running while producing HHO...

4.7L EFI
01-05-2009 08:15 PM
thomasbala Offline

(01-05-2009 08:15 PM)DodgeViper Wrote:  No I have yet to try it... I had planned to start up my cell block last weekend but our family dog became ill and I put off the start-up. I mainly made the torch to show my 87 year old father what this HHO stuff is about. Would be really hard for him to understand or for that matter anyone to really get a grasp of this concept that the cell block is really producing any gas when hooked up to the intake. With the torch he and others will get a visual seeing the flame while the engine is running while producing HHO...
Father teaches son; now, son teaches father. Hope your father knows how lucky he is.
01-05-2009 09:55 PM
realtyroy Offline

(01-05-2009 09:55 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(01-05-2009 08:15 PM)DodgeViper Wrote:  No I have yet to try it... I had planned to start up my cell block last weekend but our family dog became ill and I put off the start-up. I mainly made the torch to show my 87 year old father what this HHO stuff is about. Would be really hard for him to understand or for that matter anyone to really get a grasp of this concept that the cell block is really producing any gas when hooked up to the intake. With the torch he and others will get a visual seeing the flame while the engine is running while producing HHO...
Father teaches son; now, son teaches father. Hope your father knows how lucky he is.

Actually I like to change that a little. Hope the Son know's how lucky he is!!!
I wish I still had my Dad around to show him what I've been up too!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
01-07-2009 10:12 AM