Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO Survey
mike Offline

HHO Survey
I'm trying to get a grip on what folks are using for the HHO device. Please post what device you're using and any or all of the following details:

Device supplier
Device model
Amps used - average
HHO production in Liters/Min
Mileage increase
Any other devices used with the HHO

I get asked a lot about which device a person should buy, and I really don't have any broad knowledge of what results the various devices are getting. I'd like to rectify that.

Thanks for participating.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-20-2008 06:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandit354 Offline

RE: HHO Survey
Using a home built design out of 3inch pvc 9.5inches high 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per one gallon of distilled water nine plate design 3.5amps cold 8amps when warmed up 3/4+- liter per-minute. 10,000 miles on it currently 3 months. Plates are made out of 316 stainless for commercial kitchen counter tops. -l+l-l+l- plate layout. Gas mileage has gone up from 14.5 miles per-gallon to 17-18 miles per gallon, still have more tuning to do learn as I go.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-20-2008 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Cool. What plans did you base your design on?

Visit Our Documents Page
04-20-2008 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandit354 Offline

Mine was based off the smackbooster which I got off a universities website. Did not use wall-plates bought some stainless steel sheeting instead.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Chapter10[1]HHO.pdf (Size: 1.68 MB / Downloads: 194)
04-21-2008 06:43 AM
mike Offline

Great, thanks.

I like the Smacks Booster too. And I don't like the wall plates idea either. 316 stainless is the only way to go.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-21-2008 09:55 AM
tomqwest Offline

Greetings,
I have a 1999 Acura 3.0CL with 143K miles on it that lives in Colorado.

I first installed Iridium Sonic Spark plugs which improved mileage from about 16 mpg to 23.66 mpg. These plugs replaced the original factory Iridium plugs which had 140K miles on them and the gas mileage had started to deteriorate. Originally the best mileage I had seen was 24mpg on 91 octane gas.The factory spec for this car is 26 mpg highway.

I bought a Savefuel SL-50 and a ScangaugeII from savefuel.ca. Total cost was about $800.00 with shipping ($50.00) I am on my third tank of gas using the device and have seen a small improvement (8%), although I did see a reading of 31.3 mpg average (thank you Scangauge) on a highway trip of 106 miles.This was after I had stepped the current draw to 12 amps. The end mileage on this tank of gas was 25.7 mpg on 87 octane gas with the remainder of the tank used for mixed driving, predominantly in town.

I have increased the concentration of electrolyte (KOH) to keep the current draw up and I am now running at about 15 amps per the advice of John at Save Fuel. I have one of your single deluxe units and will be installing shortly as I have noticed a "rich" smell from the tail pipe.

My next step after the EFFIE install will be installing a modified Bob Boyce/Stan Meyers DC frequency/square wave modulator with transformer. This should more than double the the HHO output but reduce the current draw. I will keep you appraised of the results.

You can access information on these products and other alternative energy devices from my web site (I'm not selling anything yet) at http://www.aer2.net

By the way, of more interest to some folks, this car has always been quick but now it seems to have a lot more torque and pulls away from almost anything on the entrance ramps.

Looking forward,
Tomqwest

Tomqwest http://www.AER2.net
99 Acura 3.0
Sonic Spark Plugs
Save Fuel SL50
EFIE
In test: PWM & EE Fuel
04-21-2008 12:57 PM
mike Offline

Thanks for that info.

I'm particularly interested int the frequency/square wave modulator from Bob Boyce. Did you buy that premade? If so, where did you get it? I'm interested in the results on that unit. Almost every electrolyser design I see just uses straight voltage to the plates, but I believe that the correct frequency should shake those molecules apart with less energy. Please let me know where you got it, and how it works for you.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-21-2008 02:17 PM
chrissisco Offline

I installed this on a 98' ford taurus 3.0 v6-> 32oz hydrogen generator
I haven't done any in depth testing yet. But there is a noticeable difference in the amount of engine noise. It runs very quiet. A few times I wasn't sure it was still running. Also I noticed a smoother acceleration.Cool I installed it on 1/16 below the half tank mark then I drove around a bit. Usually when I have less than 1/2 a tank it uses gas more quickly than when I have over. Without the hho if I go anywhere in town I notice the needle goes down at least a little bit. Today I drove about 15 miles in town and the needle didn't move at all. It's not much of a test but I know how my car usually does and how it's doing now. And so far so good.

I also have an dual EFIE installed. one sensor stuck on .275 and one on .300. It's stuck because the adjuster screw fell off it's track or something. But I found this post by bandit354:
Quote:I e-mail you yesterday and told you that my adjustment screw was just spinning and you told me to push on the back until the blue piece seated onto the screw. Well thats what the problem was and now I can adjust the voltage thanks for the insight.
I'm going to try that to fix it.

The instructions that came with the generator said to use 4 teaspoons of baking powder in the mixture. But I may try something different because it leaves red stuff in the bottom of the generator. It bubbles up good though. They also told me to put the hho into the pcv valve which is NOT encouraged. As explained to me by a few people here. Instead I put the hho to the hard casing for the air filter before the MAF sensor. Proved to be easier and safer.

That's pretty much all I have to tell you right now. I'm going to come up with some numbers for you though. Could someone point me to how to get the amps and liters/minute? I'll post some pictures later.
04-21-2008 07:05 PM
colchiro Offline

Chris, that red stuff could be rust from not using 316L stainless steel for the electrodes. It seems like we find out this stuff after the sale.Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-21-2008 07:38 PM
mike Offline

Regarding the EFIE adjustment screw: Yes, It's possible to push the adjustment potentiometer enough to push it out of the panel mount kit. If you push it back in and turn the screw you'll feel it re-engage and go back into place. Once it clicks back into place again, it will stay there. However, if you continue to have trouble with it, email me, and I will replace it for you.

Re the rust in your electrolyte: It won't matter what electrolyte you use, you're going to continue to have that. It will tend to diminish over time as it leaches out the available iron. The units using the cheaper grades of stainless steel always need more frequent cleaning and electrolyte replacement. Us the electrolyte that gives you the best gas production for the least amps. Probably KOH.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-21-2008 08:56 PM