Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO after power is off
cheapfuel Offline

HHO after power is off
I read on one of the posts that they still had a voltage (about 3 volts) across their oxy-hydrogen generator 2 hours after the power was turned off. This makes sense to me as the oxy-hydrogen acts as a volatic cell because of its electrolyte even after the power is turn off. Of course I would expect a certain amount of HHO to be produced for some time after the power is turned off (or after you stop your engine if your oxy-hydrogen generator is wired to power off when the engine is stopped). Now if this HHO can store into some enclosure. not to mention your manifold if you inject it that way, could there not be a problem. Is there a way to vent the any of this residual HHO that can occur. Even the storage battery produces HHO when a current is drawn through it. I have not heard of many batteries exploding, though they do caution you when working with them. My question to all is this: Has any one experienced or know of anyone who has had an explosion from residual HHO gass after the generator has been power off and sat for a while?
06-26-2008 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjh566 Offline
HydroCrazy

RE: HHO after power is off
A bubbler will solve this "issue" because of the fact that it wont build up hardly any pressure to actually bubble. Although I dont think its a big thing to be concerned about.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 06:28 PM by tjh566.)
06-26-2008 06:28 PM
cheapfuel Offline

Yes, I agree about the bubbler. It is a must for a number of reasons. One can always see if any gas is being produced after the system is powered off by looking at the bubbler. In my case, I don't expect a problem because I will be injecting the HHO through the air intake at the throttle body so it can cannot accumulate in the engine. I am not sure about those who inject it into the manifold. I am not sure how much gas would accumulate say in a week if you only use your car/truck once a week or so (like I do). I use my Yaris for most of my driving and it already does 50 miles to the gallon. The oxy-hydrogen I am building will be for my Silverado 5.7 liter 4x4 truck.
06-26-2008 07:16 PM
Tom Offline
Gas guzzler

I would use a two circuit relay. One pair of pins for positive, othe pair of pins for negative.
At normal operation the relay switches positive (+) to the positive plate of the cell and the HHO-production begins.
When the motor is shut off the relay moves to the other position. This will break the circuit (removes positive from the positive plate) AND switches negative (ground) to the cell's positive plate.
This way there is no chance to remain electricity in the cell and producing unwanted HHO since the whole thing is grounded.
Case resolved, closed and forgotten for good. Big Grin
06-27-2008 07:36 AM