Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO and the courts
prospector Offline

HHO and the courts
Hello, I've been following the forum for a while and, yes, am converting my own family cars after a tweak or two.

HOWEVER, I recently saw, on a non-related forum, a claim that sellers of HHO kits are being charged with felony fraud and trials are forthcoming. What the heck is *that* all about? Can't find any information about this!

The original discussion was about Google's motives in shutting down all Adwords campaigns that had anything to do with HHO conversions. I know this is true and *some* ads are already gone. But what's with the fraud filings?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2008 07:08 PM by prospector.)
07-03-2008 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tooler1988 Offline

RE: HHO and the courts
prospector Wrote:Hello, I've been following the forum for a while and, yes, am converting my own family cars after a tweak or two.

HOWEVER, I recently saw, on a non-related forum, a claim that sellers of HHO kits are being charged with felony fraud and trials are forthcoming. What the heck is *that* all about? Can't find any information about this!

The original discussion was about Google's motives in shutting down all Adwords campaigns that had anything to do with HHO conversions. I know this is true and all ads are already gone. But what's with the fraud filings?

I just googled HHO fuel cells and a bunch came up. Where do you get your info??

Tooler
07-03-2008 04:40 PM
cheapfuel Offline

Do you own oil shares? Just curious.
07-03-2008 05:01 PM
prospector Offline

Oil shares ...dang - I wish I did hold 'em, but I'd be thinking of selling them sometime soon if I did!

No, seriously Shocked I'm in Texas and just heard that Attorney General's office has forbid HHO advertising in state. Also that three other states are already prosecuting. I'll see what I can find on AG website.

As for Google ...they're allowing websites to come up under the right search terms, but have disallowed the Adwords (the ads along the right edge of search results pages) ...none there on any searches I try. What do you see?

No, I'm not a troublemaker or anything like that. I was only doing advertising through Ozzie's "Water4gas" affiliate network but had hoped to set up my own site with something better (design and cost wise).
07-03-2008 06:05 PM
cheapfuel Offline

OK, I follow you. Let us know what you find out.
07-03-2008 06:21 PM
prospector Offline

tooler1988 Wrote:I just googled HHO fuel cells and a bunch came up. Where do you get your info??

tooler ...yep, they (Adwords) are still there for your search term! They've cleaned things out for "water for gas" and "water gas" though already ...terms I'd used before. The Google notice was received on July 1:

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

We’re writing to let you know about a change to Google's advertising policies that may affect your AdWords account.

Beginning in the coming weeks, we will no longer accept ads promoting ‘run your car on water’ and 'water for gas' type content. We've made the decision to disallow such advertisements based on business considerations and user feedback.

When we make this change, Google will suspend all ads identified as being in violation of this policy. If your account is affected by this policy change, please make any necessary changes to your site to comply.

We have thought hard about our stance on the advertising of this content and the potential effect our policy decision could have on AdWords advertisers. However, as a business, Google must make decisions regarding the advertising that we accept. We apologize for the inconvenience this policy change may cause you.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

** As noted in our advertising Terms and Conditions at https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder, Google may refuse any ads or terminate ad campaigns at any time, for any reason. Please note that the decisions we make concerning advertising in no way affect the search results we deliver. Google offers broad access to content across the web without censoring search results.

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
07-03-2008 06:26 PM
cheapfuel Offline

OK. As far as I understand this it is not a legal issue. Google has the right to set their advertising policies. This has not nothing to do with advertising generally. It is just a policy that Google has a right to make. It would be an unfortunate decision if they in fact decide to go through with this policy. One can always do their business with yahoo should it become necessary. I can fully appreciate that there can be opposition for this research from certain groups of people. Industry is doing research in this area as well. We are not alone. This is not illegal. There are always some people that could use this concept to scam people for their own gains. I have not seen this yet though I accept the possiblity. You might well ask why is google setting this policy, if it in fact is even true. There are many disbelievers out their. Soon they will sing another tune when we drive past the gas stations that they pull into. Who is the loser here? Certain not us who dare to experiment and question the status quo. Good luck in you ventures. Let us all prosper in this.
07-03-2008 06:43 PM
prospector Offline

cheapfuel ...I was somewhat taken aback by Google's notice and have no doubt they'll go through with it. I've noticed some keywords which already seem to be blocked, for Adwords advertising anyway. At least the websites will be allowed on their network for the time being.

You've seen some of the implementations out there. It's likely that a few of those which we all are pretty sure don't just 'drop in' ...nor are they likely to be effective without further work on the ECM's ...totally out of reach of driveway oil changers ...I'll bet some of these got under someone's skin.

I understand that it's not illegal - or shouldn't be. On that subject, I wonder if state emissions control laws are somehow interfering here. Certainly the engine is better off, but the states haven't had their fingers in it yet I believe ...well, I'm continuing with my cars anyway. Just implementing a maximized surface area plates system and will get the pulse modulators in place.

Good note about who the losers are here - too bad the concept is a bit too mind boggling for some. And others just don't want to hear about it, for some of the reasons you stated and probably a few others we don't even know about!
07-03-2008 07:06 PM
baracuda Offline

There certainly could be powerful interests behind silenceing this whole movement. And that's what it would take to silence it......Powerful Interests ! It's not like it was 50yrs ago. In that time it was easy to silence an individual. Now, it's not an individual who would need to be silenced but a mass of individuals.
How would you do that?
Well maybe you sit on a board that runs a hedge fund, mutual fund or investment firm. That controls possibly billions of dollars in investments. You start dumping lots of shares, of certain companies, at a relatively cheap price. In short order there's a big supply of stock for those companies and not so much demand. Suddenly, those companies aren't reporting big earnings like they used to. Then...... maybe those companies need to re-evalute their advertising policies, possibly reconsider some of their relationships with a few of their affilates, use a little more scrutiny when writing those columns in the paper or don't make the report at all. Maybe then the value of that stock will begin to rise again.
I'm not saying that there are powerful interests out there that would attempt to do something like that but it's not a far stretch of the imagination to see how it might possible.

I believe one of the biggest reasons the auto industry is in high gear with their hydrogen R&D is that; We, the people, are also in high gear. And the advent of the internet has made sharing our ideas and findings readily available, to anyone. Of course their approach is different than ours ( fuel cell VS. electrolizer ) but if they don't capitalize on the technology someone else will.

And let's not forget the Golden Rule............He who has the gold, makes the rules !!!

You can't skin a fish before you catch it !
07-03-2008 09:08 PM
Nick_Greyden Offline

I have another theory. If memory serves me (and it oft times doesn't) the creators of google had a motto: "Don't be evil". Even though they have sold Google, I beleive they still reserve the right to step up and say "No, you can't do that" and that is law. I don't know how many of you have been around to other sites and looked at other designs etc, but there are A LOT of bad ideas/bogus ideas that people are selling. I believe part of this is google doing the moral thing and attempting to save people from being scamed via ads. Once again, the websites ARE NOT blocked so if people have made up their minds to looking into or buy "X" product, the resource is still there via search, but "impulse" buying via google ads has been taken away thus protecting many ignorant folks who could be scamed.

Just another way to look at it. I have, in the past, found Google to be a stand up company and think this might be their way of continuing to be so.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2008 10:37 PM by Nick_Greyden.)
07-03-2008 10:36 PM