Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO booster questions--MODS
snakesteve Offline

HHO booster questions--MODS
Hello everyone! I'm new here and have a couple of questions I was hoping someone may be able to assist me with. First the background info:
I'm getting ready to build a smack's style booster and I have read a few things here that make me wonder if I have chosen a good design or not??

1: Is the smacks a sound design that will work and produce a good ammount of HHO or should I consider changing to another design(I have all the parts but I haven't started construction yet)?

2: After reading alot here and there about different plate configs. do you think I should stay with the smack plate design or change it? Would perforating the plates with small holes help with production or cause the unit to overheat?

3: I have decided to install some of my own mods to the unit (should I choose to use it) I plan to use a PWM, temperature gauge installed on the booster and a modified bubbler consrtucted from an old VW bus window washer container. I have also come up with another idea that I am wondering if any of you out there may have tried/thought of: running the PCV outlet form the top end of the engine into the bottom of the booster (with a bubbler and 1 way valve in-line before the booster to prevent sucking electrolyte into the engine). My idea is that this will create a stream of bubbles that would pass up through the plates knocking HHO bubbles off of them and providing a bit of positive pressure to help push the HHO mix into the engine. I may have to install some sort of regulator in the PCV line to limit the pressure so as not to force electrolyte out of the booster. Will this work?? Has anyone tried it?

Any thoughts/ideas/insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
06-14-2008 04:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: HHO booster questions--MODS
1. The Smack is a fairly sound design, in my opinion. It's not a true series cell with a a closed bath system, but it's better than many other configurations. I use one, but I'm going to build a true series cell when I get some spare time.

2. Perforating the plates would increase the voltage leakage from one plate to the next. Don't do it. In fact, wrapping electical tape around the sides of the booster can cut down on that parasitic voltage.

3. PWM sounds good. That dripper valve should work, as far as I know.

Good luck!
06-14-2008 04:40 AM
snakesteve Offline

Hi jksav7,

Thank you for you input!

Yes, the perforating idea was just that--an idea--so thanks for confirming my suspissions of leakage. About the electrical tape--will it be able to stand up to the KOH or could I coat the outside of the cells in tool dip or possibly a piece of plexiglas cut to the same size and achiece the same results?

Dripper valve...is that just another name for the PCV injection idea that I came up with?

So before I start building a Smack--where can I find info on building a true series cell/closed bath system?

Take care,
Steve

jksav7 Wrote:1. The Smack is a fairly sound design, in my opinion. It's not a true series cell with a a closed bath system, but it's better than many other configurations. I use one, but I'm going to build a true series cell when I get some spare time.

2. Perforating the plates would increase the voltage leakage from one plate to the next. Don't do it. In fact, wrapping electical tape around the sides of the booster can cut down on that parasitic voltage.

3. PWM sounds good. That dripper valve should work, as far as I know.

Good luck!
06-14-2008 12:52 PM
jksav7 Offline

Electrical tape holds up fairly well to KOH. I super glue the end tabs after I've wrapped them around, otherwise they'll want to come free. I've tried tool dip. It just peels off. Plexiglass, I don't know. You could try it.

Yes, that dripper valve is what allows outside air to be sucked into the generator while it is under vacuum. Otherwise, the suction from the pcv valve will suck the electrolyte out in short order.

Look at Patrick Kelly's files: http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/

Go to chapter 10. I think it's on page 31, or something like that.

snakesteve Wrote:Hi jksav7,

Thank you for you input!

Yes, the perforating idea was just that--an idea--so thanks for confirming my suspissions of leakage. About the electrical tape--will it be able to stand up to the KOH or could I coat the outside of the cells in tool dip or possibly a piece of plexiglas cut to the same size and achiece the same results?
tim
Dripper valve...is that just another name for the PCV injection idea that I came up with?

So before I start building a Smack--where can I find info on building a true series cell/closed bath system?

Take care,
Steve
06-14-2008 04:16 PM