Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO on 99 Subaru Forester
wingspan99 Offline

RE: HHO on 99 Subaru Forester
Ok I suspected that it would fit more than just the four makes they mentioned. I would love to watch the injector pulse width or duty cycle% when the HHO is turned on and off.
05-24-2008 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uj2 Offline

How's it going there Tom? Haven't heard back in a while, did you end up getting a cable?

Joseph
05-29-2008 05:06 PM
wingspan99 Offline

No I didn't get a cable yet but that's next. I have been doing some tests on the explosive power of hydroxy gas, it seems a .5 liter water bottle will blow but not a .5 liter soda bottle with thicker walls. It seems the thinner bottle blows up but the thicker bottle vents it off slow. A 2-liter soda bottle blows and so does a 64oz Hawaiian Punch bottle. One blew 25 feet straight up. A beer can does not explode and neither does a 24oz Heineken beer can. I had to empty them first, what a chore.
05-29-2008 09:34 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

wingspan99 Wrote:I have been doing some tests on the explosive power of hydroxy gas, it seems a .5 liter water bottle will blow but not a .5 liter soda bottle with thicker walls. It seems the thinner bottle blows up but the thicker bottle vents it off slow. A 2-liter soda bottle blows and so does a 64oz Hawaiian Punch bottle. One blew 25 feet straight up. A beer can does not explode and neither does a 24oz Heineken beer can. I had to empty them first, what a chore.

Wooow... interesting... can you explain to me how you did this? I've been wanting to try it a long time ago but too afraid to experiment... Actually, I'm trying to scrub my HHO gas production of its O2... so if the gas I collect merely burns then it's pure H2 but if it explodes then its HHO...Hmm
Thanx
05-29-2008 10:43 PM
wingspan99 Offline

Well the first 12oz beer is pretty easy to chug right down, but when you get to that 24oz beer the carbonation is just a bit much...
I just put a small hole in the top of each containers cap with a little bit of cannon fuse in the hole. After filling the container with hydroxy gas just screw the cap on and let er rip. I am starting to think that the booster I built would contain an explosion, and vent it off. It is made from 4" ABS pipe materials with a screw-on drain cleanout cap. Maybe if the whole thing emptied out and I had a half gallon of hydroxy gas, the center of the cap might blow. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did not. It's not like the thing is full of black powder, it's hydrogen. On the .5 liter soda bottles, the heat of combustion softened the whole bottle, expanded it out a bit, and then it shrunk down to 1/2 the diameter and then hardened up. Subsequent tries got even less reaction because the walls were even thicker and the gas volume even less.
BTW, why would you want to scrub your gas of O2? That O2 is going to aid combustion in a big way. As soon as your gas enters the intake of the engine, it mixes with nitrogen and is diluted. If I got the slightest amount of air in the bottle while filling I got just a venting and not a boom.
05-30-2008 04:43 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Thanx for the quick response...Smile
Just wanted to see what happens when i just pump pure H2 into the engine coz the last time i did it gave better FC....

TQ
05-31-2008 03:22 AM