Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO on diesel...
iwok Offline

HHO on diesel...
Hi
i have heard (and tried)that HHO systems work very well on gas engines and now i want to try it on bigger diesel engines like on busses 12L engines
will it work?
how much gas will i need?
are there sensors in diesel engines like in gas engines? which ones?
did anybody try it and succeded?
thanks
iwok
01-17-2012 02:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: HHO on diesel...
It works great. For a 12 cylinder engine, you should probably get a double stack Trucker System from dry-cells.com. It includes everything you need in the kit. They include a MAP/MAF enhancer, but many busses don't need to install any electronics.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-17-2012 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iwok Offline

Question RE: HHO on diesel...
(01-17-2012 05:41 PM)mike Wrote:  It works great. For a 12 cylinder engine, you should probably get a double stack Trucker System from dry-cells.com. It includes everything you need in the kit. They include a MAP/MAF enhancer, but many busses don't need to install any electronics.

dear Mike
thanks for the swift answer...
i heard a lot of times that diesel engines dont need electronics but i dont understand how the engine "knows" to take more air and less fuel?
isn't there any thing that needs to be changed?
thanks again
iwok
01-17-2012 09:42 PM
www.hydrogenpower.be Offline

hi
you can also simply buy a separator cell
made specific to your needs
and this way you dont need a efie or map enhancer
beceause it is a separator cell it makes hydrogen and oxigen separated
check http://www.hydrogenpower.be/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20#p98
for more info

find all and more at hydrogenpower
01-18-2012 06:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
iwok Offline

(01-18-2012 06:25 AM)http://www.hydrogenpower.be Wrote:  hi
you can also simply buy a separator cell
made specific to your needs
and this way you dont need a efie or map enhancer
beceause it is a separator cell it makes hydrogen and oxigen separated
check http://www.hydrogenpower.be/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20#p98
for more info

dear hydrogenpower
a seperator cell maybe a good idea but still i don't know how to teach the car to take less fuel and more air (HHO)
anyway do you sell parts for DIY or built cells only?
what are your prices?
thanks
iwok
01-18-2012 10:07 AM
mike Offline

Actually, separator cells still need an EFIE. There's no essential difference between a separator cell and an HHO system. The amount of oxygen being introduced along with the hydrogen is so trivial as to be ignorable.

The reason an EFIE is needed for any system that improves fuel combustion efficiency is the following: When combustion efficiency goes up by 25% (for instance), then the engine turns 25% more times for the same amount of gas. This means that there is 25% more air coming through the engine from the air intake. This means that oxygen sensors (on gas cars mostly) will detect 25% more oxygen in the exhaust, making the exhaust appear 25% leaner. That's why an EFIE is needed.

However, many times, diesel engines don't require electronics. They are not fitted with oxygen sensors. However, they sometimes have tables in the computer that they will adjust fuel flow from. In these cases, MAP enhancers are sometimes necessary.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-18-2012 10:56 AM
iwok Offline

so from what you say i understand that enhancers are needed only if there are sensors!!!
but what to do if there are no sensors like in a 1996 isusu ipon pickup truck ?
how do i change the air/fuel ratio?
sorry Isuzu...
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2012 12:33 PM by iwok.)
01-18-2012 12:32 PM
mike Offline

Most diesel engines change the air/fuel ratio by the position of the throttle. Push on the gas pedal and the air/fuel ratio goes up. Let off the gas and the AFR goes down.

Later model diesel engines also have computers and need MAP Enhancers too. But diesel engines don't use oxygen sensors to determine air/fuel ratios, so an EFIE can't be used on them.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-19-2012 08:10 AM
iwok Offline

i understood that the throtle doesnt change the a/f-r only that the amount of air and fuel changes but the a/f-r stayes the same and you have to calibrate the diesel injection pump in order to change the a/f-r
that is true for later model diesels also
the MAP enhancer only changes the timing of the engine a little bit to compensate for the higher combustion rate of the HHO as to the lower of the diesel fuel
01-19-2012 12:51 PM
mike Offline

Not on diesel engines. Gas engines do behave that way, unless you stomp on the gas. But at cruise and idle, the computer will adjust the AFR to be 14.7 to 1

Visit Our Documents Page
01-19-2012 01:04 PM