Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO output? confusing! less = results!
jetextreme Offline

HHO output? confusing! less = results!
Hi Guys, I'm in the UK using Asda's (wall mart for you guys over the pond) mineral water @ 17p for a 2ltr bottle with >90% potassium hydroxide, no foaming or brown water at all, I use a cell from hydrochargeme.com they are UK based.
I fitted the unit to my 2003 Audi A4 1.8 turbo with an oxy isolator reset the ECU and got a respectable 22% min increase, I then purchased a second cell after 2 months on 1 cell hopeing to get a better increase but got a 15% Decrease ????? hydrochargeme told me to remove the 2nd cell as there was too much HHO entering the engine, i did this and am now back to my 22-30% savings. I have had this cell fitted for nearly 9 months 8000mls ish now and only changed the water 4 times and had to fit a new seal in the lid (I think I trapped it when screwing on the top) no other problems unlike the disasters I had when I made the W4G cell. But thats another story!

The 2nd cell was then fitted to a 2000 2.5di diesel transit and again has increased by approx 25% calculated each week over a 6 month period

Now what is confusing, the cells I have produces a small amount of HHO, 1 bubble per sec when the tube is placed in a jar of water = approx 250ml per min, when I fitted the 2nd cell these two produced approx 500ml per min my MPG decreased dramatically.

So what IS better?, more HHO or less HHO ???? I'm confused Confused why would my vehicles get better results with a small amount?

Jet
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2008 05:02 PM by jetextreme.)
11-18-2008 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: HHO output? confusing! less = results!
jetextreme Wrote:Hi Guys, I'm in the UK using Asda's (wall mart for you guys over the pond) mineral water @ 17p for a 2ltr bottle with >90% potassium hydroxide, no foaming or brown water at all, I use a cell from hydrochargeme.com they are UK based.
I fitted the unit to my 2003 Audi A4 1.8 turbo with an oxy isolator reset the ECU and got a respectable 22% min increase, I then purchased a second cell after 2 months on 1 cell hopeing to get a better increase but got a 15% Decrease ????? hydrochargeme told me to remove the 2nd cell as there was too much HHO entering the engine, i did this and am now back to my 22-30% savings. I have had this cell fitted for nearly 9 months 8000mls ish now and only changed the water 4 times and had to fit a new seal in the lid (I think I trapped it when screwing on the top) no other problems unlike the disasters I had when I made the W4G cell. But thats another story!

The 2nd cell was then fitted to a 2000 2.5di diesel transit and again has increased by approx 25% calculated each week over a 6 month period

Now what is confusing, the cells I have produces a small amount of HHO, 1 bubble per sec when the tube is placed in a jar of water = approx 250ml per min, when I fitted the 2nd cell these two produced approx 500ml per min my MPG decreased dramatically.

So what IS better?, more HHO or less HHO ???? I'm confused Confused why would my vehicles get better results with a small amount?

Jet

Quite the paradox and totally contrary to my experience. A 22% mpg gain with only 250 lpm HHO is more than respectable and certainly more than I would expect. Matter of fact I would expect no gain whatever with only 250 lpm. My general rule of thumb is 1 lpm for every liter of engine displacement. I got no gains whatever until I pumped 2 lpm into my Nissan 3.0 V6. BTW, hope you know distilled water is best; mineral water contains, obviously, minerals which usually inhibit the electrolysis process.

Have gas prices gone down in the UK? Last July I was paying about $3.90/gal.; now it's $1.78.

Has HHO caught on in the UK and other EU countries? It didn't get popular here until gas prices started skyrocketing; I'm afraid americans will be lulled into complacency by the recent low prices and stop experimenting with HHO.

Would I be correct in assuming the EU countries are far, far more advanced in HHO tech than the US?
11-18-2008 07:41 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Wow congrats!!! I'm so wanting to see some European engine getting gains from HHO since I drive a Renault Clio...
So, you've just got the O2 extender and 250ml/min of gas and got 30%... superb!
What's your extender oulet size? Mine was 2mm...

The diesel one is a Ford Transit right? Is it a turbo model?....

ANyway, how many amps did it take to produce 250ml/min.... the drop could be due to strain on the alternator = more drag....
11-19-2008 12:30 AM
jetextreme Offline

Hi tomasbala

Q, Have gas prices gone down in the UK? Last July I was paying about $3.90/gal.; now it's $1.78.........

A, Although the fuel prices have come down i do measure by the litres used to the miles covered, i have owned the Audi from new and have never seen the MPG in the 40's if i try harder: 65 MPH highway on cruise i can get late 40's the engine is more powerfull too.

Q, Has HHO caught on in the UK and other EU countries? It didn't get popular here until gas prices started skyrocketing; I'm afraid americans will be lulled into complacency by the recent low prices and stop experimenting with HHO.......

A, HHO seems to be known here in the UK but not as well as the US i feel we also have been lulled into complacency due to the recent drop in prices.

Q, Would I be correct in assuming the EU countries are far, far more advanced in HHO tech than the US?

A, Not looking at some of the designs you guys have made, these are 2 steel plates quite a distance apart, i will check the water over the weekend and take a pic of the internal plates for you to see.

Jet
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2008 02:34 AM by jetextreme.)
11-19-2008 02:34 AM
jetextreme Offline

ghahai ghato Wrote:Wow congrats!!! I'm so wanting to see some European engine getting gains from HHO since I drive a Renault Clio...
So, you've just got the O2 extender and 250ml/min of gas and got 30%... superb!
What's your extender oulet size? Mine was 2mm...

The diesel one is a Ford Transit right? Is it a turbo model?....

ANyway, how many amps did it take to produce 250ml/min.... the drop could be due to strain on the alternator = more drag....

Hi ghahai ghato

Extender outlet size??? sorry i don't understand let me know and i will measure it for you.

The transit is a non turbo 2.5 Di.

The amps are 4-5 when cold and 7-9 when warm with a 15A fuse, the cell never seems to get too hot, the 250ml is an approx measure as i did it on the car with a bottle and a bucket of water i may not be 100% correct it will be less if any.

Jet
11-19-2008 02:45 AM
ptours99 Offline

jetextreme Wrote:Hi Guys, I'm in the UK using Asda's (wall mart for you guys over the pond) mineral water @ 17p for a 2ltr bottle with >90% potassium hydroxide, no foaming or brown water at all, I use a cell from hydrochargeme.com they are UK based.

Jet
well you have to find a sweet spot for every motor.yours is small and a certain lpm is'nt the norm for any displacment.you have proved to yourself and all of us here that it was the case,to much hho doesn't work to good.the only thing you didn't mention was temps for both and amps.if the amps were the same or higher you could of tested a pwm to lower the amps and then realized gas changing from diatomic to monotomic, the latter being more volital or igniting at a lower temp for combustion.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
11-19-2008 03:16 PM
ptours99 Offline

forgot this how did you connect the 2 cells ,series or parallel.in series the amps will drop,you can add more naoh to mix also and turn down w/pwm.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
11-19-2008 03:19 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Emm... did you drill out the end of the extender? What was the size? or you've left the end as it is?

Even 9 amp should not strain your A4 alternator... unless you've got a bombastic sound system and/or your alternator is getting bad which i doubt you have any of those...Smile

Anyway, the water displacement test you did is a good way to measure gas output... So, +-250ml at say +-9amp... what kinda cell is it?

Hope your result stays consistent...
My Clio's consumption used to be all over the place... but is slowly stablizing but not as good as I hoped... still working on it Gasp
[/color]
Good Luck!
11-21-2008 04:11 AM