Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO system in the cab of my truck OK?
Roland Jacques Offline

HHO system in the cab of my truck OK?
Looking for some feedback, pros, cons, to putting my my cell and res,,, into may cab.

I was wondering if there is someway to make the gases smell (in case of a leak)
09-13-2010 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: HHO system in the cab of my truck OK?
A very bad idea. If you had a leak, you would start making your cab into a bomb. HHO is odorless, and colorless. Your first indication that something was wrong would be when it ignited. That would likely be a very bad day.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-13-2010 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Roland Jacques Offline

Hum, So no light headedness, or nasia, just BOOM? I was thinking if i put urea in the water i might smell it first.

I drive vans and the room in the engine compartment is very tight. I just picked up a "THE CELL" cell of EBay. The one that B Boyce promoted a few years back. The thing is quiet big & the hole in the bottom really limits where you put it. I still don't understand how it put out 14 LPM with just 13 6x6 plates.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2010 02:49 PM by Roland Jacques.)
09-13-2010 02:37 PM
Mcox24 Offline

I just bought a HHO cell kit from Hydrocell http://www.hydrofuelgenerator.com and one of the main things they express is never put the cell in the cab. If you look hard enough you'll be able to find a spot. Mine came with a bracket but I had to go to Home Depot and buy some flat alum. stock to make brackets for the water reservoir and the dryer tank and I got them to fit but when I first looked under the hood I thought it was hopeless. Look again you'll find room. Try in front of the radiator or behind the front bumper.
09-14-2010 04:19 PM
staugur Offline

(09-13-2010 02:37 PM)Roland Jacques Wrote:  Hum, So no light headedness, or nasia, just BOOM? I was thinking if i put urea in the water i might smell it first.

I drive vans and the room in the engine compartment is very tight. I just picked up a "THE CELL" cell of EBay. The one that B Boyce promoted a few years back. The thing is quiet big & the hole in the bottom really limits where you put it. I still don't understand how it put out 14 LPM with just 13 6x6 plates.

It never did.By the way,if you try and run that without a decent pwm,get ready to start replacing alternators as you burn them up.Also you need at the minimum a double bubbler system backed up with a dryer/flash back arrestor or you'll have an engine full of sodium hydroxide.If you are new at this the only advice I can give you is to be real careful and never install anything inside a vehicle.Any leaks and you and your truck are going to be spread all over the highway. It's happened before and will probably happen again.Just make sure it's not you it happens to.
09-15-2010 06:42 AM
andrewwall Offline

According to him this system works. Also, there was a story where his news agency paid professionals to install a HHO car on the news. According to the report, has gained quite a few miles per gallon. I tend to believe this works

barnet minicabs
04-21-2011 05:55 AM
MtnGoatXJ Offline

A leaking HHO system can be dangerous if inside the cabin. Fire up a "cig" or spark and boom?

No warning or smell. Wait a minute! Cannot a system be built that is "sealed" and vented?

Are we not a bunch of hobbyists and garage engineers that can overcome this kind of problem?
I for one have this exact problem. No options are available for locating the dry cell or reservoir under the hood.
It could be mounted on a tow hitch rack or the roof. Right! NOT!

Gonna be a real challenge to build a unit the will stand the test of time... and open flame
04-21-2011 04:48 PM