Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHO versus Brown's
tesla Offline

HHO versus Brown's
Pardon my ignorance but are Brown's gas and HHO the same thing or are they different?

I thought they were the same, but then found contrary statements on this site: http://www.cool-flame.com/Hyzor.htm
"Please be aware that HHO and Brown’s Gas are not the same!! Brown’s Gas contains more energy per volume than HHO, meaning you will see a greater gain in mileage for the same amount of amperage consumed."

I'm not throwing stones or accusations, just trying to understand. Thanks!

PS: Perhaps this thread should be made a sticky

...same thing we do every night Pinky, plan to take over the world!
07-23-2008 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dpater47 Offline

RE: HHO versus Brown's
this is the info i received from alex at cool flame ,hope it helps

BG vs HHO‏
Sent: Sat 7/19/08 11:21 PM
To: dpater47@hotmail.com

Dan, The smack booster is also producing BG. This had me confused for a while too. Basically BG and HHO are the same thing. HHO is a name Denny Klein came up with trying to get a patent on BG. Yull Brown's patents on BG ran out years ago making the info so to say "public information". Public information cannot be patented and one cannot patent something that had been previously patented. This was his way to try and get a patent. The smack booster does make BG, but the HyZor makes a better quality of BG and takes a lot less amperage to do it. The smack is a parallel design and the HyZor is a series cell design. Series cells are much more efficient. This is especially important because we are going for efficiency. It takes 7 watts of fuel to make 1 watt of electricity because of the losses in an engine - friction, heat, etc. The key here is that only a little bit of gas is need to get a gain. The smack just makes too much gas probably not gaining the best mileage possible because of the large electrical load. The smack also runs very hot and I would guess it makes a lot of steam, steam is great for an engine. It is a waste to use electricity to make it though, why not use hot exhaust to make steam instead, the heat is free and is wasted anyway.Another problem is the electrical load on the alternator, most alternators are designed to only run what the car has installed. An additional 20 amp load is huge when talking about an alternator that put out less than 50 amps total, and this load is there all the time the engine is running. One important point here - and this one is answering your question - is that the BG isn't being burned as most people think, its NOT burning and producing heat to help push down the piston. The BG is a catalyst which makes combustion more efficient - that's it. It does its thing during the combustion process to make the same amount of power with less fuel. It is not burned like gasoline. It's does turn back into water when done, but that's it. Alex
07-23-2008 02:44 PM
tesla Offline

Thanks for that Dan! So it seems that they're exactly the same............but different LOL!!!

07-23-2008 03:20 PM
AlexR Offline

tesla Wrote:Pardon my ignorance but are Brown's gas and HHO the same thing or are they different?

I thought they were the same, but then found contrary statements on this site: http://www.cool-flame.com/Hyzor.htm
"Please be aware that HHO and Brown’s Gas are not the same!! Brown’s Gas contains more energy per volume than HHO, meaning you will see a greater gain in mileage for the same amount of amperage consumed."

Tesla,

Thanks actually for posting that. That is something I do need to update on my website.
I did have a lengthy discussion with George Wiseman about the difference between BG and HHO.
I did learn a lot.
I first believed there was a difference, but they are basically the same. Some electrolyzers make a better quality of BG than others.
BG and HHO are the same, its just a different name.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
07-23-2008 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dpater47 Offline

AlexR Wrote:
tesla Wrote:Pardon my ignorance but are Brown's gas and HHO the same thing or are they different?

Tesla,

Thanks actually for posting that. That is something I do need to update on my website.
I did have a lengthy discussion with George Wiseman about the difference between BG and HHO.
I did learn a lot.
I first believed there was a difference, but they are basically the same. Some electrolyzers make a better quality of BG than others.
BG and HHO are the same, its just a different name.
hey alex ,it's dan and in the first 2 days of running the hyzor my wife's van has increased from 13.1 in town to 16.2.sorry,no road trips for 2 more weeks and then will see what it does on the road.her's is all stop and go traffic and having own it since it's new , i can tell you that's a pretty good improvement.will let you know the road results.
07-23-2008 03:48 PM
AlexR Offline

dpater47 Wrote:hey alex ,it's dan and in the first 2 days of running the hyzor my wife's van has increased from 13.1 in town to 16.2.sorry,no road trips for 2 more weeks and then will see what it does on the road.her's is all stop and go traffic and having own it since it's new , i can tell you that's a pretty good improvement.will let you know the road results.

Dan,

Glad to hear it!! I'd love to hear some more specifics on the vehicle, such as type of O2 sensor, engine size and if you did any more sensor mods with it along with some more mileage info once you drive some more.

Thanks,

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
07-23-2008 04:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dpater47 Offline

AlexR Wrote:
dpater47 Wrote:hey alex ,it's dan and in the first 2 days of running the hyzor my wife's van has increased from 13.1 in town to 16.2.sorry,no road trips for 2 more weeks and then will see what it does on the road.her's is all stop and go traffic and having own it since it's new , i can tell you that's a pretty good improvement.will let you know the road results.

Dan,

Glad to hear it!! I'd love to hear some more specifics on the vehicle, such as type of O2 sensor, engine size and if you did any more sensor mods with it along with some more mileage info once you drive some more.

Thanks,
it's a 2002 chrysler t&c van with a 3.8,efie hooked up,this is the 2nd efie,the 1st one did not work and a friend of mine bought one from you guys ,he bought a single and needed a dual,so i bought his and junked the other one and it works find now.i do plan on adding xylene and acetone some where along the way but wanted to test it with the hyzor and efie first my itself.i'll send you the road results.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2008 04:27 PM by dpater47.)
07-23-2008 04:11 PM
ptours99 Offline

dpater47 i thought my wifes 2002 t/country was bad in the stop n go at 17-18mpg w/3.3 what do you get for road normally. i've gotten 27.5 avg for 4.5hr trip against crosswind using pcv trap and 3oz/10 gal of xylene.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
07-23-2008 04:54 PM
tesla Offline

Hi Alex, thanks for not perceiving my question as an attack! I realize there sometimes are trolls who's sole purpose is to cause trouble and I assure you that's is not my intent. Like most everyone else here, I'm just trying to learn!

I have a 1994 Plymouth Voyager (same as a Caravan) long wheelbase 2wd with the 3.3 engine which I intend to sacrifice to the HHO Gods LOL It has just under 80k original miles, the vast majority of which were little old lady miles (this was my Aunt's van until recently). Have carefully logged the MPG and it gets 25 on the highway at around 70mph. The only mod I've done so far is to remove the noise silencer restrictor in the airbox which resulted in a 1mpg gain (believe it or snot!)

Sorry, am rambling!

07-23-2008 06:17 PM
dpater47 Offline

ptours99 Wrote:dpater47 i thought my wifes 2002 t/country was bad in the stop n go at 17-18mpg w/3.3 what do you get for road normally. i've gotten 27.5 avg for 4.5hr trip against crosswind using pcv trap and 3oz/10 gal of xylene.
the van does fine on the road about 26 mpg without any mods and i have not been on the road since making mods.these vans were known for poor city mileage,having been a car dealer for 40 years both new and used,i have own a bunch of these in the past .lots of room(7 gkids) and very easy on the back.i would have thought you would get better mpg on the road with the mods and i'll let you know how i do
07-24-2008 03:21 AM