Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHOO Gas?
dirty273 Offline

HHOO Gas?
Is it possible to make HHOO gas by just adding more + plates than -, Like S10 states on his website?

5 Cell Series
NaOH electrolyte
3.5" X 5" Electrodes
06-19-2008 03:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diametrac Offline

RE: HHOO Gas?
It is not possible because gas output and proportion of H and O stand in direct relation of what you put in on electrical energy. If you add more electrodes on one side it only increases the surface and decreases the per square inch yield on gas.
I would suggest for research, to control the gas bubbler and catch H and O separate, then mix it to HHOO. The H you need to get rid of could be used as to heat the bubbler and obtain different effects.
A second suggestion is to start experimenting with H-peroxide in the bubbler. H2O2 = HHOO
However, the gases had to be produced in sufficient volume to be tested in an engine.
12-14-2008 11:24 PM
cbkid Offline

dirty273 Wrote:Is it possible to make HHOO gas by just adding more + plates than -, Like S10 states on his website?

I suggest you go to mindstrain.com and and down load the E-books for free, do some reading. It is possible and is being done. Be patient the down load takes a little time. He knows what he is talking about.
cbkid
12-15-2008 08:00 AM
finallyME Offline

dirty273 Wrote:Is it possible to make HHOO gas by just adding more + plates than -, Like S10 states on his website?

Why would you want to? I guess I should read S10's site to see what he is saying. HHO is somewhat confusing. It implies that we are making two separate molecules of hydrogen, and one of oxygen. But, we all know that what we are really making is diatomic hydrogen (H2) and diatomic oxygen (O2). We just make twice as much hydrogen as oxygen. Someone might argue that we are making HHOO. I guess I should read S10's site to see what he is claiming before rambling on. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Incidently, someone mentioned H2O2. A neat experiment is to take H2O2 and add silver. The silver breaks down the hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen. But, try getting 100% H2O2.

My vehicles:
2002 Saturn SL2 4 banger
2006 Chrysler Town and Country

You can kill two birds with one stone, but you can't kill one stone with two birds. Big Grin
12-15-2008 08:21 AM
colchiro Offline

hho is produces when current flows from a negative plate to a positive plate. If you had twice as many positive plates as negative, you'd be limited to the size of the negative plate so wouldn't gain anything.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-15-2008 09:43 AM
gtkco Offline

Also, it is the neagtive plate that produces the H2 at twice the volume as O2 on the (+). So, if anything, you would want to increase the (-) plate surface area not the (+).
12-15-2008 08:18 PM