Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Has anyone read this million dollar challenge in NZ?
evilzedd Offline

Has anyone read this million dollar challenge in NZ?
Just browsing and noted a bloke here in New Zealand putting up a million bucks for a challenge.
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho_challenge.shtml
07-27-2008 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
richkat Offline
richard

RE: Has anyone read this million dollar challenge in NZ?
And here we are at the end of Feburary an do you notice how quiet Bruce Simpson has got on the million dollar challenge Tongue

Richard Auckland New Zealand
01-31-2009 12:56 AM
Gary Offline

I think the articles in this site - http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml are a pretty good argument against HHO, but not being that great in math or being a scientist myself, all I can say is that his math took a lot of assumptive turns by extrapolation, rather than actual testing. One of you math nuts would do us well to look into it.
Personally, I think if he had a million bucks, he wouldn't be asking you for $5000 to join in testing your unit.
He didn't even really get into the concept I call 'subconscious hypermiling' to add to the plethora of 'evidence' he proposes, and scammer tricks like airing up the tires to get another 10%.
All I have to go by is 1.) our car's results that vary and 2.) my HHO internet associates whom I actually do believe for the most part, aside of skewed results and the tendency to ride the 'wave' of faith when one joins a peer group. Does HHO work? I think yes and no. It may well be the leaning effect more than gas combustion effects. Until a true scientific study is done, I sit on the fence. In the Dragonfly site, the tests left out too many factors.
01-31-2009 08:20 AM
TheCell Offline

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2010 10:54 PM by TheCell.)
02-01-2009 07:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mattsauto Offline

(02-01-2009 07:06 AM)TheCell Wrote:  Such a lively forum...

Here are the current LPM of Hydroxy gas we obtain from our 13 plate, 2 cell system. http://thecell.cc/product/double. At 40 amps, 13.8 volts DC we produce 5.8 LPM. This is at The Cells' most efficient setting....it can run for 8 days straight at those power settings. We can run The Cell at 26 volts and 53 amps and produce 15 LPM of dry hydroxy gas (HHO). The gauge to measure the flow was a laboratory calibrated Hydroxy gas gauge from Dwyer gauges here in the states. Would a Ford 2008 F150 5.4L engine, pickup truck qualify for this test. I sure hope so... Straight out of the showroom floor the truck was getting, for the first 1000 miles, 13.4 MPG (sorry english system). We added the first cell and a second cell to total out at 12 LPM with an upgrade to the alternator of 200 amps. In Florida we get hot and use lots of AC, so I of course wanted to make sure I had plenty of power.

We then put the truck into "open loop" tuning and with our in house expert on tuning (he invented super chips, you may or may not have heard of him in AU.) we then ran for 2000 miles with my "aggressive" driving and was at 25 to 28 MPG. That was 9 months ago. We have not torn the engine down as of this time...no need. I still can smoke tires and still get great milage. Current odometer milage is at 4000 aprox.

We are more than willing to ship this truck down there and have you test it. But, are you willing to place the money in escrow, with all of the provisions confirmed by your team and ours. Careful, you might want to actually check us out prior to saying yes, quite so fast. Oh did I forget to mention the people on our team included, Bob Boyce and Bob Potchen...

I look forward to this being posted, and your response. The planet has had enough "snake oil salesman", with that point I agree. We have been a manufacturer for over 15 years....we don't need to fake it.

Thanks,

Bob

Is this BOB (Royce), the King himself??
02-01-2009 07:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

Was that a typo, missed statement or something? You put the truck into open loop (rich) and got over 25 mpg?
I'm assuming from this that your theory or application is that by using ENOUGH amps and ENOUGH gas, it overcomes the richness settings of the open loop settings and runs lean?
I would think this to be sort of important. Especially if you're not running electronics for leaning.
02-01-2009 12:13 PM
The Grench Offline

I tryed to open the web link you provided and it don't work. This is a great artical and i would like to read more on it.
02-01-2009 02:16 PM
mattsauto Offline

(02-01-2009 12:13 PM)Gary Wrote:  Was that a typo, missed statement or something? You put the truck into open loop (rich) and got over 25 mpg?
I'm assuming from this that your theory or application is that by using ENOUGH amps and ENOUGH gas, it overcomes the richness settings of the open loop settings and runs lean?
I would think this to be sort of important. Especially if you're not running electronics for leaning.

To beat the ECU in order to tune for power or economy, taking the 02 out is the FIRST thing to do ,,, the problem IS: the vehicle becomes illegal for road use ... with the EFIE or 02 simulator, you are semi-illegal ... sort of ...
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2009 04:52 PM by mattsauto.)
02-01-2009 05:21 PM
TheCell Offline

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2010 10:55 PM by TheCell.)
02-01-2009 06:18 PM
Gary Offline

Nice website. I still don't understand.
Force open loop. Add HHO. Get milage.
As we all understand it, there's no need to force open loop, since the high gas mix will cause that to happen anyway.
As we all understand that, the mix goes rich and FE goes to pot.
02-01-2009 07:13 PM