Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heating Element
pdai11 Offline

Heating Element
Hi, i am considering building a hot air vaporizer, i had found a 200w heating element but it is 110v ac, i was thinking of using an AC to DC converter into 12v DC, is this possible and what wattage would i expect as i am looking to heat the water to around 50 oC and use an Ultrasonic Transducer ?

Many thanks
12-08-2012 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: Heating Element
(12-08-2012 05:47 PM)pdai11 Wrote:  Hi, i am considering building a hot air vaporizer, i had found a 200w heating element but it is 110v ac, i was thinking of using an AC to DC converter into 12v DC, is this possible and what wattage would i expect as i am looking to heat the water to around 50 oC and use an Ultrasonic Transducer ?

Many thanks

You don't need to go to the extra trouble of building a heating unit to get vapor. There are several cold-vaporizers available that will create all the vapor you need.
http://www.agsint.com/atoms-fs.htm
12-09-2012 08:35 AM
mike Offline

You don't actually want vapor. You want droplets. Heat actually defeats the purpose. You want water mist in droplet form.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-10-2012 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pdai11 Offline

Hi rpatzer
Thanks for the link but i am actually looking for an ultrasonic water vaporizer, much simpler to build and also i am based in the uk, shipping is quite expensive for the US to UK. Thanks
Hi Mike
Thanks for your advice.
I have seen videos that an ultrasonic fogger produces mist as well as droplets. I know that for the ultrasonic fogger to run sufficient and last longer by using distilled water, would you happen to know if i can add antifreeze as in the UK, Scotland we have a long and cold winter ?
Many thanks
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 01:08 PM by pdai11.)
12-10-2012 12:58 PM