Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from a newbie
jc_artificial Offline

Big Grin Hello from a newbie
Hello all! I have been haunting the forums here for about a week now and decided it was time to say hello. I was told about Brown's Gas and decided that it was something worth the effort of study. However I am not mechanically inclined but I do understand how the chemical process works. I drive a 05 250 Honda Rebel and a 06 Ford Escape both of which I am looking to improve mpg on. At first a coworker and I believed Brown's Gas was a myth or a scam. Then I started digging around and found that it is neither. I am looking to build a couple of setups that would allow me the oppurtunity to tinker and see what results I can get. However, underneath the hood I'm about as usless as a fart in the wind. I want to learn how to properly (safely) build and install a Brown's Gas system into my Escape. Any suggestions on where I should start?
04-30-2008 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RE: Hello from a newbie
jc_artificial Wrote:Hello all! I have been haunting the forums here for about a week now and decided it was time to say hello. I was told about Brown's Gas and decided that it was something worth the effort of study. However I am not mechanically inclined but I do understand how the chemical process works. I drive a 05 250 Honda Rebel and a 06 Ford Escape both of which I am looking to improve mpg on. At first a coworker and I believed Brown's Gas was a myth or a scam. Then I started digging around and found that it is neither. I am looking to build a couple of setups that would allow me the oppurtunity to tinker and see what results I can get. However, underneath the hood I'm about as usless as a fart in the wind. I want to learn how to properly (safely) build and install a Brown's Gas system into my Escape. Any suggestions on where I should start?

Congratulations on the endeavor. I would suggest staring off by certainly locating the pcv, your air intake before the mass airflow sensor, and your o2 sensor(s). I was just about as auto-mechanically illiterate (and kinda still am) but have been learning as I go along. Finding these locations on your vehicle first would help so that you know where you will be running your lines out to and where you will want to be looking to position your gen. Also noting how much room you have in the first place so you can accurately judge how big you will want your gen to be.
05-01-2008 02:21 AM
jc_artificial Offline

Okay thanks for the info. That sounds like a good jumping point. Now all I gotta do is make a little time to tinker!
05-01-2008 06:01 AM
rdgeorge2008 Offline

jc_artificial Wrote:Okay thanks for the info. That sounds like a good jumping point. Now all I gotta do is make a little time to tinker!
g to site eagles- research.com buy the book called browns gas vol 1 read this this will give you te Basic knowledge of making browns gas any other rought like the one i took is and can be expensive but nowi know alot and have installed a 3 cell series generator on my desiel with a pulse monitor making 1 gal of gas every 6 min that 60 gal/hour
05-04-2008 06:14 AM
Zeek Offline

Quote:gmaking 1 gal of gas every 6 min that 60 gal/hour

Do you mean 10gal/hour?

Regards
Zeek
05-04-2008 10:49 AM
rdgeorge2008 Offline

Zeek Wrote:
Quote:gmaking 1 gal of gas every 6 min that 60 gal/hour

Do you mean 10gal/hour?

Regards
Zeek
yes i had a brain fart
05-04-2008 02:27 PM
jc_artificial Offline

rdgeorge2008 Wrote:
jc_artificial Wrote:Okay thanks for the info. That sounds like a good jumping point. Now all I gotta do is make a little time to tinker!
g to site eagles- research.com buy the book called browns gas vol 1 read this this will give you te Basic knowledge of making browns gas any other rought like the one i took is and can be expensive but nowi know alot and have installed a 3 cell series generator on my desiel with a pulse monitor making 1 gal of gas every 6 min that 60 gal/hour

Okay sounds good. I'll have to take a look at that.
05-09-2008 04:38 AM
jksav7 Offline

Good for you to check out the facts on your own! If only people would make this a regular habit they wouldn't believe all the lies they've been told by the government and media about lots of things. Wink

jc_artificial Wrote:At first a coworker and I believed Brown's Gas was a myth or a scam. Then I started digging around and found that it is neither.
05-09-2008 10:46 AM
gabet123 Offline

Be sure and check out http://hhoinf.ning.com too! There are alot of people just like you who are all trying to figuere this stuff out. We can all help each other.
05-10-2008 12:27 PM
Fuelfixer Offline

Big Grin RE: Hello from a newbie
Hello All, May I join in the FUN? Another 'Newbie" here. I've been spending LONGggggg hours doing 'Research'. THANK YOU all 4 sharing your knowledge. As I've come to understand: "There's a Lightyear's worth of difference between 'Knowing' & 'Thinking' ". I've been trying 4 years to find reliable ways to extend MPGs 4 ALL. JC, I'd advise doing a bunch of your own Research. Found myself on a site's Blog, only to find customers using the blog to complain about the Owner. Determined there are branches of inquiry from pure science guys to "OK, I made it. WHAT DO I DO NOW? How do I plug it in?"
SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY! ! ! Chase over to UTUBE & see:
HHO BOOM in my Car /by Lubobuba. He messed up an AlphaR... that he had modified to run on CNG WITH HHO, when his MOM took the car to the store & forgot to turn the generator OFF while shopping. (Had 2 do that in honor of Mother's Day) "I was only away for 5 minutes...." As with any experimental venture: BE CAREFUL.

As for myself, I Ain't ready just yet to risk my junk 238-6 '80 Jeep or the Ol' 350 sitting out back as 'donor cars' to start "The Grand Experiment". Have fun, I'll be dropping in again REAL SOON. Fuelfixer
05-11-2008 02:48 AM