Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help - Voltage adjustment on basic board
hydrodine Offline

Help - Voltage adjustment on basic board
Where do i monitor the voltage on a dual basic circuit board? If i clip the meter to the Oxygen sensor output "green wire" all i see is the voltage turning on and off rather rapidly.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2008 11:07 AM by hydrodine.)
04-20-2008 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Help - Voltage adjustment on basic board
See http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/ReadEFIE.html - This article will answer your question.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2009 10:46 AM by mike.)
04-20-2008 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hydrodine Offline

I have read it, the voltage is still running from .20 volt to .77 volt all the time, non stop like it is scanning. I can not set a base voltage of .20 and keep it there. Readings is from ground to the o2 sensor " Green Wire" and the same from ground to the computer side "White Wire". I get 0 volts across the white and green wire. My saturn is a single wire o2 sensor. Any other ideas?
04-20-2008 03:37 PM
mike Offline

If you're getting 0 volts across white and green, then the unit is not powered up. The relay on the board connects the white and green wires when there is no power supplied to the red and black wires. You must measure between the white and green wires in order to set the efie. You will get steady voltages measuring across these 2 wires, providing there is power to the unit.

The voltages you're seeing measuring green to ground are the normal output of the oxygen sensor.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-20-2008 06:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hydrodine Offline

Thanks Mike i did find the problem and all is good. Today i had my cel give me a P0133 code. I cleared it with my scan gauge. I have the voltage set right on .200 mv. Should i change the setting or do you think it was the computer learning the new mixture?

Thanks,
Barry
04-22-2008 03:01 PM
mike Offline

What is PO133? Do you have the codes for your vehicle? If not they should be in your Haynes Manual.

.200 should definitely not be causing a CEL. But I can't help you diagnose it without knowing what the code means.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-22-2008 05:12 PM
hydrodine Offline

Sorry about that, Upstream oxygen sensor response slower than minimum required switching frequency. It never did that until i installed the efi. It comes on about every 20 -25 minutes while driving. Do i need to adjust the mv higher?
04-23-2008 05:57 AM
mike Offline

No, you should lower it and see if the code quits appearing. I suspect that you have a marginally bad oxygen sensor. Like it's not quite dead but is dying. It's an educated guess only. But there's no way you should get that error at .200 volts with a healthy sensor.

What year is your car? Have you double checked your installation is exactly per the diagram in the instructions? Do the tests as per How To Read Your EFIE. Tell me what the results were. There's something not right going on with your installation, and we need to get it found and handled.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-23-2008 08:35 AM
hydrodine Offline

It is a simple 02 sensor, one wire. The car is a 1998 saturn sl1 1.9 liter engine. I have the green wire connected to the o2 sensor, the white wire going to the computer, black is going to ground and red to a switched 12 volts. The voltage offset is .200 mv I am going to replace the sensor this evening and see if that fixes it. The car has 120,000 miles and never has had an o2 sensor changed.
04-23-2008 02:25 PM
hydrodine Offline

Mike, I just got done replacing the O2 sensor and resetting the computer, I will know tomorrow if this resolves the problem. I also had to readjust the offset voltage for the new O2 sensor. I will update you tomorrow if that fixed it.

Barry
04-23-2008 03:44 PM