Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help is needed on efie
Mrbluemoose Offline

Help is needed on efie
I'm not understanding about the wire hookup to efie from fuel-saver
reading this on install page

The EFIE's signal out wire connects to your wide band sensor's current pump return wire, as located in the step above. In your wiring diagram, the current return wire will often be labeled AFS+ or IP+. Connect the white wire to one wide band sensor's current return wire, and the blue wire to the current return wire of your other sensor. These EFIE wires are tapped into the sensor's current pump return wire. The original path of the current return wire between sensor and ECU is maintained, and the EFIEs signal wire is also connected to that wire, forming a "Y".

I got the Wideband Quad EFIE i have 2 wide o2's and 2 NB o2's do you cut wires or splice wires into and in photo shows nb in and out but not wide in and out ? i think u splice white & blue wire showed into my wide o2's wire with out cutting the wires?????? please help as it is hard
04-28-2011 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Help is needed on efie
I'm sorry you had trouble understanding the instructions. However, I don't understand your question.

The NB and WB EFIEs install differently. The WB EFIE output wire taps in to the AFS+ wire. This is a wire that runs from your WB sensor to your computer. That connection must remain, but you will connect the wire from the EFIE to that wire also. That will make 3 devices all connected - the WB sensor, the EFIE and the computer.

The NB installs differently. The signal wire from the sensor is cut. The 2 ends of that cut go to the EFIE.

Please let me know if this is not clear. In fact, it would probably be best if you contact support@fuelsaver-mpg.com directly to get the fastest possible help.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-29-2011 04:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mrbluemoose Offline

Thanks mike just hook up the efie and is working as it should but need to get the hho unit back into the truck and tune the efie but if you can tell me do i need to do anything to my map and a maf on air filter thanks
05-01-2011 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

You shouldn't need to. Usually the EFIE takes care of it. You just have to get it set correctly. Just be patient and follow the instructions for optimizing the settings.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-14-2011 07:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply