Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me build an HHO today
vestaviascott Offline

Help me build an HHO today
Hi everyone, it's Sunday and I've got about 3-4 hours today that I want to devote to getting my car running with HHO!

Can someone give me some advice? Is their a kit plan available that will get me up and running in a few hours? I'm expecting to take a shopping list to my local hardware store, coming home and beginning assembly. In a few hours, I'd like to fire up the system on my 1999 Infiniti I-30 and check results on the scangauge. Is this possible?

Vestavia Hills, Al
1996 Infiniti I-30 (20 mpg)
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Gaz Guzzler - wife driver 14 mpg
06-08-2008 04:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Help me build an HHO today
These are the only plans I'm aware of that are free, but they are pretty good: http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/Smack.pdf
I'd be very surprised if you were able to be up and running in one day tho. Should have allowed an entire weekend.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2008 04:41 AM by colchiro.)
06-08-2008 04:41 AM
vestaviascott Offline

Thanks Colchiro, I've downloaded the smacks kit. Definitely looks like it would take more than a few hours (especially the SS plate preparation).

So far, the most approachable design I've seen is the S10 example. Looks like it might actually be doable in less than a day.

Vestavia Hills, Al
06-08-2008 04:48 AM
jksav7 Offline

Even if you were able to throw something together in one day you should still take a few days to condition the cell before running it at full power and installing it.

vestaviascott Wrote:Hi everyone, it's Sunday and I've got about 3-4 hours today that I want to devote to getting my car running with HHO!

Can someone give me some advice? Is their a kit plan available that will get me up and running in a few hours? I'm expecting to take a shopping list to my local hardware store, coming home and beginning assembly. In a few hours, I'd like to fire up the system on my 1999 Infiniti I-30 and check results on the scangauge. Is this possible?
06-08-2008 07:41 AM
vestaviascott Offline

OK, looks like the premise of building an HHO in a day might be feasible, but actually getting it in production on the vehicle might reasonably require a bit of seasoning.

I was at Wal Mart today and noticed a "buddy keg". The wheels started turning and it looks like it could be well suited as a near ready-made cell container. It even has two holes already machined in the top. Anyone else think this could be a good starting point? I wonder if it could take the heat?

I'm thinking that the plate assembly looks to be perhaps the most time intensive part of the process. I believe I'm going to take S10's PDF and try to use a "buddy keg" as the cell container and work from there.

I would like to go to the hardware store and at least begin to start building my HHO. Wish there was an "HHO for Dummies" project that would help with a proof of concept to get started...

Vestavia Hills, Al
06-08-2008 10:32 AM
aquaman Offline

vestaviascott Wrote:OK, looks like the premise of building an HHO in a day might be feasible, but actually getting it in production on the vehicle might reasonably require a bit of seasoning.

I was at Wal Mart today and noticed a "buddy keg". The wheels started turning and it looks like it could be well suited as a near ready-made cell container. It even has two holes already machined in the top. Anyone else think this could be a good starting point? I wonder if it could take the heat?

I'm thinking that the plate assembly looks to be perhaps the most time intensive part of the process. I believe I'm going to take S10's PDF and try to use a "buddy keg" as the cell container and work from there.

I would like to go to the hardware store and at least begin to start building my HHO. Wish there was an "HHO for Dummies" project that would help with a proof of concept to get started...
I too was at walmart today looking for a suitable container, couldn't find one. Can you explain what this buddy keg is, and what isle you found it in, or even better, upload a digital of it? That would be great. I have looked everywhere for the perfect container, preferably a clear one, and have not found one to my liking. I know that clear pvc exists, but I can't find any locally. A thick clear acrylic can would be perfect.
06-12-2008 08:53 PM
colchiro Offline

Try a clear water-filter container.

[Image: IMG_0734.jpg?imgmax=512]

[Image: IMG_0736.jpg?imgmax=512]

Better make sure you have the room tho. These things are over a foot tall.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-13-2008 07:27 PM
Salaryman Offline

colchiro Wrote:Try a clear water-filter container.

[Image: IMG_0734.jpg?imgmax=512]

[Image: IMG_0736.jpg?imgmax=512]

Better make sure you have the room tho. These things are over a foot tall.

Where did you find the water-filter container?
06-14-2008 08:19 AM
jjski78 Offline

Any hardware store should have it.
06-14-2008 08:36 AM
Dino Offline

At the Depot I think I have seen them, that's a great design for sureSmile
06-14-2008 08:38 AM