Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help needed!
jimmmmy1958 Offline

Help needed!
Hi guys, was wondering about what to do next. have added mfg hho unit and o2 extender and saw good gains until my cel light came on and went into a open loop. went to the effie,and been tweaking from 45omv-back down to 96 mv and still get the cel coming on. I was told by thehho distributor that I cannot do much more. He said I would not see gains by tweaking IAT and MAF if I did not gain from efie. I have a 99 olds model 88 and using a super2. I now have a scan guage,but was told it wont do much for accuracy when using hho and tweaking. Someone else told me that the hho usage and effie will not by themself,skew the scan readings unless I change other settings (ie iat and maf sensor) any thoughts??Pretty much at a loss here as to where to go. Jp in MI.
06-10-2008 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Help needed!
It's true that the scan gauge won't give accurate mpg readings when you tweak sensors, but it's still very valuable to you. For instance, my first question is, what is the trouble code you're getting?

There is something wrong that you cannot get the EFIE to work without a trouble light. I think we have to step back one step and find out why you got a trouble light when adding the HHO. I suspect you had a marginally working o2 sensor that is now actually bad. But what's the trouble code you're getting. Read it with your scan gauge.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-11-2008 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jimmmmy1958 Offline

mike Wrote:It's true that the scan gauge won't give accurate mpg readings when you tweak sensors, but it's still very valuable to you. For instance, my first question is, what is the trouble code you're getting?

There is something wrong that you cannot get the EFIE to work without a trouble light. I think we have to step back one step and find out why you got a trouble light when adding the HHO. I suspect you had a marginally working o2 sensor that is now actually bad. But what's the trouble code you're getting. Read it with your scan gauge.

Hi Mike, code is p0133 and the o2 sensor is a denso,and was installed only 2 weeks ago new. Now what do I do? thanks for any help jp
06-11-2008 06:16 PM
mike Offline

If you turn the EFIE off, it will re-connect the signal wire to the ECU, same as if the EFIE were not installed. Turn the EFIE off and drive for a while. Does the code still appear?

Visit Our Documents Page
06-13-2008 05:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jimmmmy1958 Offline

mike Wrote:If you turn the EFIE off, it will re-connect the signal wire to the ECU, same as if the EFIE were not installed. Turn the EFIE off and drive for a while. Does the code still appear?

Hi Mike, yes the code dissapears with the effie off. Lookslikemy car is not made for hho or effie;s thanks, JIM
06-17-2008 07:59 AM
mike Offline

Turn that EFIE way down. Like to .100 or so. Then drive for a while, and only if the CEL stays off, then raise it like .050 volts at a time. Repeat until the CEL shows up again, then back it off to where it stays off. Let me know the resulting voltage.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-17-2008 10:16 PM