Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with map sensor
Neal77 Offline

Help with map sensor
I am new here and could use some help. I have a 1999 honda accord. I have connected the map sensor adjustment. I emailed Mike and he told me to ask here so here is the copy of the email i sent.

Another thing, after I hooked up the pot to the map sensor my check engine like came on. I can turn it off with my scanguage but if I press on the gas pedal to take off faster the light comes on. Here is the code I keep getting. P1106 Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance. Do you know if this is normal because I am making the map sensor run lean?

Neal
06-01-2008 10:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atfab Offline

RE: Help with map sensor
Since you didn't tell us much about your sensor, your device or how it was installed, or set, I have only one idea. Something is wrong. Actually I would guess that you made too big an adjustment or hooked it up wrong.

Help us out and maybe someone can help you, that's why we are here.

atfab

Atfab
99 S-10 Pickup 2.2L auto, Std cab, Short bed, Alum cap
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
06-03-2008 09:39 AM
Neal77 Offline

I think I figured it out. I was leaning it out too much and triping the check engine light. I backed it off and I am trying to adjust it so I am not triping it at all. I am also trying to put resistors on my ect and iat sensors. I hope this will work.
06-05-2008 11:54 AM
Atfab Offline

Neal77 Wrote:I think I figured it out. I was leaning it out too much and triping the check engine light. I backed it off and I am trying to adjust it so I am not triping it at all. I am also trying to put resistors on my ect and iat sensors. I hope this will work.

Go real easy with the IAT, it will retard the timing if you go too far, this kills the gas mileage.

ECT sensor?

atfab

Atfab
99 S-10 Pickup 2.2L auto, Std cab, Short bed, Alum cap
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
06-05-2008 03:09 PM