Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hemi efie yes it's official
stl_hemi Offline

Hemi efie yes it's official
It does forsure work on the Hemi's and all of the Diamler Chrysler lineup.
If you have 2.5-3.5 volts at the o2 then you have a narrowband. I have a dual efie on mine and it works perfect. Good job on the product guys.

My only issue I have I already spoke to Bruce about. Longer wires. 2-3' more would have made it alot easier on the Ram.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
10-22-2008 01:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Hemi efie yes it's official
Thanks for the report.

I'm pushing for more user-friendly changes to the efie line.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-22-2008 02:08 PM
alpha-dog Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:It does forsure work on the Hemi's and all of the Diamler Chrysler lineup.
If you have 2.5-3.5 volts at the o2 then you have a narrowband. I have a dual efie on mine and it works perfect. Good job on the product guys.

My only issue I have I already spoke to Bruce about. Longer wires. 2-3' more would have made it alot easier on the Ram.

Did you attach the efie to the o2 sensors themselves or did you splice into the wire harness.
I was thinking of spliciing the o2 sensor pigtails. there were two lilght colored wires, a blue one and a dark wire. Do you know which one is the signal wire.
Russ
10-23-2008 11:23 AM
stl_hemi Offline

I spliced into the ECM harness. I've got the full wiring manual of all sensors and pinout's of every part on the Ram along with a full teardown of the Truck so I could rebuild it if need be from the frame up.

Paul

Trucks forsale
10-23-2008 04:29 PM
alpha-dog Offline

I want to ask you one more question stl_hemi. Since dodge rams use a bias voltage or offset, what did you use for ground when you measured the efie?
Russ
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 05:19 PM by alpha-dog.)
10-23-2008 05:18 PM
stl_hemi Offline

What do you mean? Like when I was looking for the wires? Or after I wired it all up?

If you have a 3rd gen Ram I could email you the pin info on the o2 and the ecm harness.
Paul

Paul

Trucks forsale
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 05:53 PM by stl_hemi.)
10-23-2008 05:52 PM
alpha-dog Offline

stl_hemi Wrote:What do you mean? Like when I was looking for the wires? Or after I wired it all up?

If you have a 3rd gen Ram I could email you the pin info on the o2 and the ecm harness.
Paul

That would be great. is there a way to do a private message here. Never mind I see it.
Russ
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 06:09 PM by alpha-dog.)
10-23-2008 06:05 PM
mhaynes@mcec.coop Offline

Ok guys, after reading and testing and reading and testing, it looks like you guys have this figured out for my 05 Ram 1500 Hemi. Except that I ordered and installed the dual EFIE deluxe from FuelSavers but it made no difference. After talking to several different support people from MagDrive, they thought Ii had an AFR. Bought it and it did not work. If for sure it is the Dual Deluxe, is it hooked up different than the instructions say? I read on a forum somewhere it has to be hooked up different because of the 2.5vdc bias. Please help!!!!
I have had this for 5 months and only negative results. Sad Sad Sad
PS. I have extensive electronics experience(not that it help in this case.LOL)
12-12-2008 10:05 AM
alpha-dog Offline

mhaynes@mcec.coop Wrote:Ok guys, after reading and testing and reading and testing, it looks like you guys have this figured out for my 05 Ram 1500 Hemi. Except that I ordered and installed the dual EFIE deluxe from FuelSavers but it made no difference. After talking to several different support people from MagDrive, they thought Ii had an AFR. Bought it and it did not work. If for sure it is the Dual Deluxe, is it hooked up different than the instructions say? I read on a forum somewhere it has to be hooked up different because of the 2.5vdc bias. Please help!!!!
I have had this for 5 months and only negative results. Sad Sad Sad
PS. I have extensive electronics experience(not that it help in this case.LOL)

Read about post cat EFIE's
Russ
12-12-2008 02:07 PM
kc5ddg Offline

(10-22-2008 01:58 PM)stl_hemi Wrote:  It does forsure work on the Hemi's and all of the Diamler Chrysler lineup.

Can you send me your hookup instruction and what model you used for the Dual. I want to duplicate it on my 2005.
01-13-2009 08:45 AM