Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
*!* Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, After Some Tests 50% :D *!*
Gatech Offline

RE: *!* Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, After Some Tests 50% :D *!*
(05-28-2012 08:55 AM)mike Wrote:  Very nice result. Well done!

Thanks Big Grin. I'll now open a little the Jets to get more power, and after that, I'll test with Acetone also Big Grin

Regards.
05-28-2012 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teejay1948 Offline

Hi Gatech,As a new member to this forum i have been following your progress with great interest mate .As i have a Fiat 125 Twin cam in my Lada Niva and have been running HHO for some time now on it and am happy with my results so far .This is my first system that i built and it is a Smacks Wet 18 Plate Cell .Ive since learned that Wet Cells are not very popular amongst HHO fans these days but in my case it was an experimental cel to see if these systems were able to be made to work, or were some kind of misleading imfo items put out there as a means for some ones financial gains .But i must agree that these things do work and from my experience mine works quite well for what it is .I am curantly looking to build 2 new dry cells .One for my Fiat Lada ,and one for my 1996 V6 3.5 ltr Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4.I would like to build my own units but may have to buy them ready made as i live in a Country town and its hard to find some one to lazer cut my plates and to get all the bits required to build my own units .Thats it for now i think .Cheers Trev .
06-10-2012 06:07 PM
Gatech Offline

Heyyy Teejay!. It sounds so good that you are also getting possitive results..

But please tell us how much did you got. MPG before and after (or Km/Gal, I don't know).

Regards.
06-10-2012 06:26 PM
Teejay1948 Offline

Ok ,Before i put HHO on the Lada[ Fiat Motor ] i was using about 13 to 15 Litres of fuel per 100 kilometres.Now after instaling the HHO Generator i am now running at 6 to 6.5 Litres per 100 kilometres at around 5 to 6 amps max .Im useing a PWM to control my amps .Cheers Trev .
06-11-2012 02:46 AM
Gatech Offline

Whattt? That sounds a LOT. You're getting more than 100% more MPG :S. How did you got it?. Do you know how much LPM's does your cell produce?. Do you drive in city / hw?.

My Fiat has a 1.5L Motor, but with 6.5Amps (max) I don't get less than 7L / 100Km at Highway! (9.7L/100 at city driving). (And the carburettor was leaned a LOT, now it doesn't have the same power that had at the beginning).

Where are you from?

(Sorry for so many questions :P)
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 10:17 AM by Gatech.)
06-11-2012 10:09 AM
Teejay1948 Offline

Hi Gatech ,No mate i think you might be a little confused here about the distance traveled on my 6.5 litres of fuel .I beleive in your country you measure your distance in Miles per Gallon and we here in Australia Measure our Distance in Kilometres so 100 Kilometres = around 62 miles so that should help you understand things a little clearer mate .I live in a little country town so most of my traveling is done on Highway cycle and a little bit of city cycle now and then .So by your post above it looks like you are around the same as me as you said you are using 7 litres per 100 kilometres .So you are only a tad more than me mate and at 7 litres per 100 kms thats still not to bad and well done i think .Cheers Trev .
06-11-2012 05:39 PM
Gatech Offline

I'm Colombian, and here we Measure in Kilometers. So we use Km/Gal or easily to calculate L/100Km (Gallon = 3.78L).

For sure I haven't got less than 7L/100Km (highway), so I still wait for your answers :P If I can reach the 6L/100Km I'll be really happy :P

Regards.
06-12-2012 07:39 AM
Teejay1948 Offline

Hi Gatech ,When i measure my output i only use the 2 litre bottle upside down in the bucket of water .Probably not the most acurate way of measuring output but at 6 amps i am producing 1/3rd of a litre of HHo as thats all my 1.6 litre motor requires to acheive my above results .Like many others have said to much gas is not always benificial and can lead to to poor results .My motor has only done 10,000 kilometres since rebuild as in exelent condition and i do beleive this plays a major part in acheiving good Fuel consumpsion aswell .My carby is a Weber 32/36 and is leaned out as much as possible without causing rough idling conditions .My motor has Electronic ignition and Timming is set at 2 deg BTDC .I have no idea what my emmisions are as i have no means of testing them at this point .Please keep in mind my cell is a Smack 18 plate Wet cell built to all smacks specs .Plate cofiguration is ,+nnnnnnn- -nnnnnnn+ .I have been running this unit for about 6 months now and am using Naoh .Sorry but i cant remember now how much caustic soda /A Drain Cleaner / i used for the mix.I also us a PWM to monitor my amps .Will post a couple of pics of my unit soon if i can work out how .So thats it for now and good luck with your Project Gatech.Cheers Trev .
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2012 06:11 PM by Teejay1948.)
06-13-2012 06:01 PM
Gatech Offline

I wish Electronic ignition will help me to get better results... now Emissions are still wrong (a lot), so I thing there is a problem with that.

Thanks, we're waiting for the photos...

If you want to see my 125p :P http://img507.imageshack.us/slideshow/pl...012d7.smil
06-14-2012 05:38 AM
Gatech Offline

Hello, mike and all Big Grin

After working a lot on my car, we checked sparks, valves spaces, timming, carbed a lot, and now:

- Car is really powerful now Big Grin
- City: 24MPG
- HW: upto 31.4MPG.

That is like 65% more on HW that base line Big Grin

After this, I'll test with Acetone, and post results!.

Regards.
07-31-2012 07:38 PM