Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
*!* Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, After Some Tests 50% :D *!*
mike Offline

RE: *!* Hi all!. Dry Cell on Carb 1.5L, After Some Tests 50% :D *!*
Ok, I see.

In that case, retard your timing a little bit, and tighten your carb's idle screw a bit.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-18-2012 07:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Persistence Offline

Hello Adventurers,
Isn't it a journey of exploration? Looking for the elusive "economy", in a sea of conflicting information and endless variables!
I'm new here and I am in Australia, land of long distances and mostly flat roads.
Like Trev, we have a Lada with a carburetted engine. To get to town to shop is 120 km. The Lada is my partners, (female) and I have no idea how much fuel it uses because she never fills it, always buying it 20 litres at a time. Why? Who knows?
Anyway, I would like to try HHO to see if I can get a result on this Russian car because I have a Russian, military truck in europe that we travel in, it uses between 23 and 30 litres for 100km. (petrol)
The motor is in good condition (23,000 km) but is low compression (6.8-1). It is a 4.2L, V/8 .
My Idea is to see what happens with the Lada and scale it up for the truck.The first question is to Trev. Whats the chance that you could give me the details of your complete setup, so I gan see if it works for us?
I'll get the exact fuel consumption over about 270 km (to town and back), then put the HHO to work and see how it goes!

Now here is my input.
Everywhere I have looked, people are modifying computer controlled cars that can reduce the quantity of fuel injected to optimize the effects of the HHO.
With a non computerised engine with a carburettor, the only simple change you can make is to ignition timing.
To change the amount of fuel (petrol) sucked in, you need to change the jetting of the carb.
Screwing in the idle mixture screw changes the idle only, nothing else.

So, what is happening with Trevs Lada? How does he get more km from his litre? Is it going faster and stronger with a smaller throttle opening? (less air and fuel?)
We need to know the answer to this question to get results with other engines.
If you want to see what happens if you change the amount of fuel sucked in, you could change the carburettor to a constant depression carb with adjustable metering. With this carb it is possible to hand adjust the fuel /air mixture throughout the full range. Old Jaguars, triumphs, some aircraft engines, holden Toranas and others had them on. Range Rovers had 2 of them. Stromberg and Zenith made them.

If your generator is producing a constant amount of HHO and it is fed into the intake air, then the percentage of HHO to air is going to increase at lower speeds(smaller throttle openings) and be less at higher speeds.
Perhaps better economy can be obtained by matching the HHo to the throttle openings to obtain a constant HHO/petrol/air mixture.

I know this is the RESULTS thread, I have written here in the hope that I might help you get the results you are seeking and get some results myself.
Persistence.

(08-18-2012 07:37 AM)mike Wrote:  Ok, I see.

In that case, retard your timing a little bit, and tighten your carb's idle screw a bit.
12-16-2012 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teejay1948 Offline

Hi Persistence ,Just reading your post above and will try to reply over the next couple of days as im away at the moment and time is short for me just now .Catch you soon .Cheers Trev .
12-16-2012 06:36 AM
hhofox Offline

Hi Persistence, welcome to the forum! HHO and HCS both work well. HHO can be harder to implement properly though. I recommend that you start out with HCS and add the HHO later if you want even more savings. Check out the HCS thread and see how you like it -especially the Ionized version.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydroca...em?page=81
12-17-2012 10:50 AM
Teejay1948 Offline

Hi Persistence ,Ok I will try to keep this to the bare basics or it may end up 3 pages long .Started by building a Smacks 18 plate wet cell for my 1.6 Lada Niva .After running some bench testing i was happy with my results and then fitted it to my Lada along with 2 Bubblers with 2 stainless steel circular discs with a number of holes drilled in them to act as anti splash plates .My bubblers were 16 inches long and the first splash plate was placed about one and a half inches down from the top .And the second one was about half way down and set up with an airstone on the gas input hose .I use 20% NOAH by weight and a PWM to control my amps and use a 30 amp shunt amp meter .This is a pretty basic system and easy to build and fit to any motor with a carby .I use around 6 ltrs of petrol per 100 kilometers on a flat run and it does vary slightly in very hilly terrain .I run this system on no more than 6 amps max as if i try to go above 6 amps i find my fuel consumption actualy drops and the more amps i poke into this thing all possible gains go out the window .My Fiat twin cam mtr is in tip top condition as is my carby and i beleive this plays a major part when using HHO Gas .The gas enters my engine through a 3/8 ID 1/2 OD Reinforced plastic tubbing that goes in right on top of the carby Throat as does Gatechs on his Fiat Above .I never however changed the jets as i beleive this is not necessary because the extra power the mtr has from the HHO suppliment means that my foot does not press down so far on the exellerator to maintain my normal speed . I did however lean my fuel mixture out with my HHO System on .This was done by setting my pwm to 2 amps then ajusting mixture screw to run at best idle . When driving around towns i set my PWM at around 3 Amps because our speed limits in most Towns here are 50 kilometers per hour and my Fiat engine only runs in the very low rev band .My engine likes around 355 to 375 mls of HHO per minute and i think the reason i need to run at 6 amps to produce my 375 mls per minute is due to the fact that the wet cells are very inefficient and suffer a lot of wasted energy .So as we speak i am building a 6x6 inch 7 plate dry cell to replace the old wet cell that im currantly using .I have what i think is a nice dry cell system in my 96 Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 and am about to start fuel consumption tests on that soon .I find this forum very informative and packed full of good info and there are a lot of very intelligent people in the HHO field on here .Thank you all ,Cheers Trev .
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 05:35 AM by Teejay1948.)
12-18-2012 05:00 AM
hhofox Offline

It's great to hear that you are getting such good results! You are correct, the more efficient your cell is, the less amps it takes to make a given amount of HHO. Many people also forget that less is more with HHO. You usually need about 1/4 the CC rating of your engine in HHO to get very good gains.
I am currently running HCS, but I plan to add the HHO back into the mix later on in order to gain greater mileage.
All the best!
12-18-2012 07:00 AM
Gatech Offline

Some time after, I come back!

Since 2 years ago, my vehicle was 36Km/Gal in city.

I did set up HCS 2 weeks ago and got this results:

- 38Km/Gal.
- 40.5Km/Gal (I haven't got this result since a looot of time).

Carburettor was not touched, anything.

Now, testing HCS + HHO got great results:

- 45.5Km/Gal, without touching the Carb!.

Now I'm playing with the carb, and will post results.

Regards.
04-02-2014 06:39 AM