Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High voltage on ecm wire.
colchiro Offline

High voltage on ecm wire.
Pat Green Wrote:I have a '93 chevy truck. The voltage is ok when the key is in the on position. But when I start it the voltage starts to go up. But I turn it off when the voltage get close to 3000 milivolts. But needless to say the computer on the truck does not like it. And I have other questions about the voltage on the circuit board. I have also noticed schematics that look the same have different voltage regulaters. If you or somebody you know can help me I would apreciate it. Thank you.

Are we talking about the o2 voltage after passing thru your efie? 3000 millivolts is 3 volts. Normally it would be 0-1 volts. Is this Mike's efie or another brand?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-28-2009 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pat green Offline

RE: High voltage on ecm wire.
this is schematic that i saw on several different pages they look the same but i notice they had different regulators i can bench test it and shows to be work ok i even check the wave pattern and it look ok
yes this is the wire from the efie to ecm
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2009 04:15 PM by pat green.)
04-28-2009 04:14 PM
colchiro Offline

If your efie offset voltage is climbing to 3 volts, when it should be a max of .5 volts dc, it sounds like the voltage regulator is wrong.

To test your efie, you only connect ground and 12 volts to it (no input or output connections). If you can crank it up and down from .1 volts to .45 volts, you're ready to test it in a vehicle. It's normal for many efie's to start low and increase to a maximum setting after about 5 minutes. That's intended to help with cold starting. (Your hho production starts out low and increases similarly.)

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2009 06:14 PM by colchiro.)
04-28-2009 05:00 PM
pat green Offline

when i bench test it starts at 280 millivolts and adjust to roughly 600 millivolts are you talking volts not millivolts from .1 to 4.5 and do i check it like you do a bench test
04-28-2009 05:21 PM
colchiro Offline

600 millivolts is .6 volts (milli is 1/1000) and is workable. You DO have an adjustment to turn it up and down, right? If you turn that knob, you should be able to get it close to .1 v (or 100 millivolts) and you shouldn't need to go over 400 millivolts. Most people don't go over 250 mv.

What do you get when you turn the knob? (Remember it takes time for it to stabilize after adjusting.)

Sorry, that's a typo. The range should be .1 to .45 volts or 100 to 450 millivolts, measured from efie input (black probe) to output (red probe).

Rick

04-28-2009 06:14 PM