Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Much HHO Should I Use on my V6
Zipstor Offline

How Much HHO Should I Use on my V6
Been posting like a pig lately sorry about that.

So.. I have researched the archives to find some results that could give me a direction in the amount of HHO I should be working with.. in vain.

If anyone can redirect me to a thread that could be spot on please feel free to let me know.

My car is a 1995 Holden Commodore (Australian for GM) with a V6 "ecotec" 3.8L. Knowing that my generator can deliver 120L/m under 25A (approximately) and this can vary with the amount of electrolyte I toss in my water. Someone told me on an other thread that I would need about 2L/m for this type of engine..

Anyone has a similar car in here that could give me an idea?

Cheers.

>> http://brownsgas.com
12-10-2008 12:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
realtyroy Offline

RE: How Much HHO Should I Use on my V6
I have come to believe that a good place to start would be 1 lpm for every 2 liters of engine size. So, that 3.8 you have I would try for close to 2lpm. A lot of guys are doing good with a lot less but that is the number that I try for.

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
12-10-2008 08:22 AM
alpha-dog Offline

realtyroy Wrote:I have come to believe that a good place to start would be 1 lpm for every 2 liters of engine size. So, that 3.8 you have I would try for close to 2lpm. A lot of guys are doing good with a lot less but that is the number that I try for.

I hope your right because I'm trying to get more. Some people think that 1Lpm per liter is good. That can be a hugh amount. Right now I'm produceing 3.5Lpm and that doesn't seem to be enough, but there could be other reasons.
Russ
12-10-2008 04:56 PM
abe Offline

alpha-dog Wrote:
realtyroy Wrote:I have come to believe that a good place to start would be 1 lpm for every 2 liters of engine size. So, that 3.8 you have I would try for close to 2lpm. A lot of guys are doing good with a lot less but that is the number that I try for.

I hope your right because I'm trying to get more. Some people think that 1Lpm per liter is good. That can be a hugh amount. Right now I'm produceing 3.5Lpm and that doesn't seem to be enough, but there could be other reasons.
Russ

Wow That sounds like a good cell. What does it look like, what size plates are you using and what amps are you pulling.
12-10-2008 05:03 PM
alpha-dog Offline

abe Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:

Russ

Wow That sounds like a good cell. What does it look like, what size plates are you using and what amps are you pulling.

I have a sid cell, its 8X8 21 plates and it draws 45 amps.
Russ
12-10-2008 05:09 PM
abe Offline

alpha-dog Wrote:
abe Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:

Russ

Russ

Thank you 45 amps thats strong your not pulling that of your car alternator you must have a tranformer or something.
12-10-2008 05:19 PM
alpha-dog Offline

abe Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:
abe Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:

Russ

Russ

Thank you 45 amps thats strong your not pulling that of your car alternator you must have a tranformer or something.

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 with Hemi -- 134 amp alternator can just handle 50 amps without dropping to low charge at idle. It uses about 1 hp.
Russ
12-10-2008 06:12 PM
abe Offline

alpha-dog Wrote:
abe Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:
abe Wrote:
alpha-dog Wrote:

Russ

Russ

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 with Hemi -- 134 amp alternator can just handle 50 amps without dropping to low charge at idle. It uses about 1 hp.
Russ

50 Amps seem to be a load on your wireing, But I am also a newbe at this you probably know more about this than me, but here's my two cents worth. One Liter HHo Per 4 Liter engen is a good start at 3.5 you should see an improvement in gas milliage, if not something not hooked up right or your not running a EFIE. At that amount of gas keep a close eye on your exhaust temp.also check your spark plugs. To much gas can burn your engin. Like I say I'm not a pro,but have seen some mistakes. Good Luck
12-10-2008 06:48 PM
Zipstor Offline

I don't care about gens that makes 3.5L/m thats not the point at all. It's not relevant to make that much gas anyway regarding we are not using the HHO as a fuel but as only to enhance the petrol combustion. This means that (of what I have understood) that there is only a certain amount of HHO per minute that would work out. No more and no less.

Anyway for now I'm really far from the 2L/m. I mean I can get this result only if I saturate the solution. Apparenly my user manual requires to add only one teaspoon. I did that today and I had barely 250mL/m under 2.5A.

>> http://brownsgas.com
12-10-2008 11:05 PM
abe Offline

Zipstor Wrote:I don't care about gens that makes 3.5L/m thats not the point at all. It's not relevant to make that much gas anyway regarding we are not using the HHO as a fuel but as only to enhance the petrol combustion. This means that (of what I have understood) that there is only a certain amount of HHO per minute that would work out. No more and no less.

Anyway for now I'm really far from the 2L/m. I mean I can get this result only if I saturate the solution. Apparenly my user manual requires to add only one teaspoon. I did that today and I had barely 250mL/m under 2.5A.

Sid cell's look well made mine is much smaller 3x5 21 plates now. I'm using 2 1/2 teaspoons per liter of water @ 18 amps that put out 1.25 Liters.I got a big incress in milage, but I am running a 4 Liter engen. I'm thuld if you run a EIFE on your engen youll need two, one for befor and one after your cat.
12-11-2008 01:09 PM