Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How Much HHO Should I Use?
bigd2442 Offline

RE: How Much HHO Should I Use?
agreed... better fuel burn = less in the exhaust = ecm(pcm) thinks you're lean and adds fuel.

gsiguy, I have a SC 3.8L (GTP) running 15psi. Im planning to tap in my line prior to the SC, I figured even before the maff, becuase a few cc's of gas arent going to have the PCM adding much fuel. This was I dont have to deal with the vacuum/boost issues.

I also have a programmer with TONS of options.

Ive considered tuning my closed loop from 14.7:1 A/F to maybe 15.1:1 and leaning it out that way, avoiding an EFIE.

The problem comes when I want to turn the HHO off! Id have to reprogram my cars computer right there, or else Id be WAY lean! So I might have to get an EFIE after all.

Any thoughts on changing the A/F ratio?

~Dan
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008 06:21 PM by bigd2442.)
09-08-2008 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

How are you tuning your ECU? With the ECU on my turbo I have a couple options. I am currently using an emulator so I can tune in real time. I can also remove the emulator and install a 27SF512 chip which will hold two programs for my current ECU. I can wire the chip to allow me to switch freely between the two programs. If I decided to run lean on one program I could flip a switch and go to a normal tune.

If you don't have that option the EFIE is a fantastic way to go. Even with the other options I have the EFIE is actually much simpler and probably the way I'll do it on that car since I'd rather have two other tunes on the chip, maybe one for normal fuel and one for race fuel. The EFIE actually will give me an additional tune for economy so technically I could have 3 tunes to switch between.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
09-09-2008 11:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigd2442 Offline

Im tuning the ECU (or PCM as we call them) with a laptop program and a small hardware adapter.

Unfortunately, it looks like all my options are for changing wide open fueling and spark. They didnt put a lot of the "normal" driving folders in the tuner.

I am kinda in the same position as you, even with all my tuning I can do, Id almost rather go EFIE and keep my tune optimal for racing.
09-13-2008 08:52 AM
sierrah2ohybrid Offline

Why there is such thing as too much
There is a "sweet spot" on every engine, we have a 2006 dodge ram 5.7 ltr hemi and ours is 1.5 lpm at 25 amps, anything more than that will draw too many amps and the hho production is no longer relevant and will drag down my mpg. more at http://www.sierrah2ohybrid.com
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2008 09:24 AM by sierrah2ohybrid.)
09-30-2008 09:02 AM
COMP Offline

RE: Why there is such thing as too much
sierrah2ohybrid Wrote:There is a "sweet spot" on every engine, we have a 2006 dodge ram 5.7 ltr hemi and ours is 1.5 lpm at 25 amps, anything more than that will draw too many amps and the hho production is no longer relevant and will drag down my mpg. more at http://www.sierrah2ohybridcom

link didn't work ?
09-30-2008 10:18 AM
qsiguy Offline

Put a "dot" between the d and the c.

http://www.sierrah2ohybrid.com/

I highly suggest you give credit to those you are plagiarising. Your "How Much HHO Should I Use" article looks amazingly exactly like Mike's article. If you have Mikes permission that's great but you really should indicate on the page the source of the article.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 07:08 PM by qsiguy.)
09-30-2008 06:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sierrah2ohybrid Offline

qsiguy Wrote:Put a "dot" between the d and the c.

http://www.sierrah2ohybrid.com/

I highly suggest you give credit to those you are plagiarising. Your "How Much HHO Should I Use" article looks amazingly exactly like Mike's article. If you have Mikes permission that's great but you really should indicate on the page the source of the article.

Yes I have his permision, I am one of his affiliates. His E.F.I.E. is the ONLY one I recommend. http://www.sierrah2ohybrid.com
10-05-2008 09:24 AM
qsiguy Offline

Glad to hear that. Sorry to accuse, there is just a lot of that on the web.

Your unit looks fairly well built. I don't really like parallel designs due to amp and temperature run away but they do produce HHO. How long can you run that thing at 35 amps before it just boils off the water, 15 minutes? By the way, "Only" and "35 Amps" don't really go together. That is extremely high amperage for an accessory. The parallel design of your generator gets way too hot anyway and running it at 35 amps is very inefficient. If it's working for you then more power too you, just not my definition of efficiency. Been there done that and it's not the best way to do it.

10-05-2008 02:57 PM
SLEDDOGGER Offline

Ive been building, researching and rebuilding and changing a few different designs for a year or so now and have a simple question from a simple mind! After installing my last generatorx2 in a series, i went from 26mpg to 42 mpg! I lost all gain 2 days later due to not using a efie. My lean fuel light came on as expected. I am putting on my duel efie tomarrow and was curious: I pulled the fuse on the generator until i could get the efie in but didnt reset the lean fuel dummie. I noticed the vehicle has been running rough the last few days. Any chance of valve damage? Did the dummie alert need to be reset? or is it just my computer trying to figure things out?
The strange thing is that my mileage is still doing better than before i installed anything . 98 4 runner 140,000 old mpg26, now 32-34mpg. Still not near the 42 without the efie but didnt last.
Thanx for the input wizards!
10-13-2008 04:10 PM
memmer Offline

We installed an Oxygenerator on a small pickup and what we did besides having an amp guage in the cab we installed one under the hood by the gen.We added small amounts of electrolite[sodium hydroxide/Naoh] until we reached 16 amps on the guage cold. After awhile when the engine gets hot and so does the generator the amps will start to rise due to the heat.Thats why you want a guage in the cab to.You just have to trial and error to get to a max 20 amps.Any way thats how we figured out how much to use.We went from 20 mpg to30 mpg and the engine really smoothed out. It's a 4 banger ford ranger pu. I missed part of the installation so I can't give you any more info. good luck
FRED
10-27-2008 10:48 PM