Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How big do I make it.
xl650 Offline

How big do I make it.
So far all my experience has been reading and am ready to build.I have ended up with 12 four inch x16 inch by 1/16 inch thick pieces of 316l and 30 s.s cover plates.I would like to put a big dent in the mileage Im getting with my 1987 one ton G.M.C dump truck.It has a carb and no computer.The physical size is not an issue as I am mounting what ever I build between the cab and the box.I am leaning toward a Boyce style booster.Any info or experieneces on design tuning etc would be greatly appreciated.Seems to me like there are too many concientous skilled builders out there all putting a great deal of time and effort it to this for it all to be a hoax.I sincerely hope so anyway.Thanks in adance.
05-16-2012 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: How big do I make it.
You'll have no trouble getting great gains with that truck. The carburetor makes it a piece of cake. If anything, you might have to retard the timing a bit. But basically, without a computer to foul things up, you should have an easy time getting your fuel mileage gains. I don't think the HHO system design is all that critical. The difference in most designs today is pretty minimal. Just start making some HHO and get it into your engine. I think you're in for a pleasant surprise.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-17-2012 07:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xl650 Offline

(05-17-2012 07:57 AM)mike Wrote:  You'll have no trouble getting great gains with that truck. The carburetor makes it a piece of cake. If anything, you might have to retard the timing a bit. But basically, without a computer to foul things up, you should have an easy time getting your fuel mileage gains. I don't think the HHO system design is all that critical. The difference in most designs today is pretty minimal. Just start making some HHO and get it into your engine. I think you're in for a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for the reply.That is kinda what I was hoping.Take care.Stay safe.
05-17-2012 12:09 PM
justing Offline

The most important thing about a cell is to use neutral plates, this applies to both bathed and dry cells. the goal is to divide voltage +nnnn- 12volts divided by # of plates 6 = 2volts per plate. If your vehicle charging system puts out 14volts then you can add another plate.

Justin Green
Chattanooga TN
2004 Kia Optima
from 22MPG to 26.5MPG
VOLO FS-2
05-18-2012 04:11 AM
xl650 Offline

(05-18-2012 04:11 AM)justing Wrote:  The most important thing about a cell is to use neutral plates, this applies to both bathed and dry cells. the goal is to divide voltage +nnnn- 12volts divided by # of plates 6 = 2volts per plate. If your vehicle charging system puts out 14volts then you can add another plate.

I have been thinking about a +-+-+-+-+-+-+- arrangement in individual separated cells.From what I have read and from my understanding of it The +nnnn- set up would actually be 5 cells as +n is 1,n to n is 2,n to n is 3,n to n is 4 and n to - is 5.Wouldnt this end up with extra voltage to be turned into heat.
05-18-2012 05:09 AM
justing Offline

With the neutral plates in the cell (+nnnn-) the circuit behaves as tho it were resistors in series, dividing the voltage equally amongst the plates. If your arrangement is +-+-+-+-+-+- and you are using battery voltage this is a parallel circuit and each pair of plates will have 12 volts on it, the only results from this is high amps and boiling water. (trust me it is one of the first things I tried 4 years ago). When using only two plates with voltage on them and neutral plates with no connection in between them, you get high output, low amps, and much cooler water. Even tho the neutrals have no physical wire connection they still get voltage and produce gas. This combined with the concept of a dry cell gets you a cool running efficient cell.

Justin Green
Chattanooga TN
2004 Kia Optima
from 22MPG to 26.5MPG
VOLO FS-2
05-22-2012 07:13 AM
xl650 Offline

Thanks for the help
05-22-2012 10:57 AM
Quebecker Offline

(05-18-2012 04:11 AM)justing Wrote:  The most important thing about a cell is to use neutral plates, this applies to both bathed and dry cells. the goal is to divide voltage +nnnn- 12volts divided by # of plates 6 = 2volts per plate. If your vehicle charging system puts out 14volts then you can add another plate.

Justing,

I think you make a small mistake. We must not divide the voltage by the number of plates but rather by the number of cell

+nnnn- => 12 volts / 5 = 2,4 volts per cell
+nnnnn- => 12 volts / 6 = 2 volts per cell
+nnnnn- => 14 volts / 6 = 2,3 volts per cell

For optimal performance, we must try to have between 1.7 to 2.1 volts between each plate. At more than 2.1 volts, there will possibly a steam production. A good way to find the right configuration is to know the voltage minimum / maximum produced by the alternator of the car on which to mount the reactor.

Regards

-----------
Remi

"Excuse my poor english, Google is my friend"
05-23-2012 04:36 AM
xl650 Offline

(05-23-2012 04:36 AM)Quebecker Wrote:  

Justing,

I think you make a small mistake. We must not divide the voltage by the number of plates but rather by the number of cell

+nnnn- => 12 volts / 5 = 2,4 volts per cell
+nnnnn- => 12 volts / 6 = 2 volts per cell
+nnnnn- => 14 volts / 6 = 2,3 volts per cell

For optimal performance, we must try to have between 1.7 to 2.1 volts between each plate. At more than 2.1 volts, there will possibly a steam production. A good way to find the right configuration is to know the voltage minimum / maximum produced by the alternator of the car on which to mount the reactor.

Regards
Any help is appreciated.The English is fine.
05-23-2012 07:33 AM