Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you regulate HHO mixture ?
Razor Offline

How do you regulate HHO mixture ?
Hey,

If I understand corectly some people are just dumping the HHO directly into the air filter on the un-filtered side of the filter box....questions:

1) I assume the amount of HHO mixing with the fuel / gas fluctuates significantly between when vehicle is started, idling, running at various throttle positions etc.........how does one tune the air fuel ratio if this HHO is constantly fluctuating......also if you generator stops producing and you have your mixture leaned out don't you run the risk of blowing up your engine since it doesn't have the HHO mixed in....???

2) Won't all the excess HHO being produced in trapped in the air fliter on long idles make the outside air to HHO ratio become mainly saturated with HHO ?

Clear as mud ?? Big Grin

Anyway is there anyway to regulate the amount of HHO sent to the air filter and to increase during acceleration and decrease during idle etc ?

Thoughts welcome please.

Cheers Big Grin
06-09-2008 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Razor Offline

RE: How do you regulate HHO mixture ?
bttt

Razor Wrote:Hey,

If I understand corectly some people are just dumping the HHO directly into the air filter on the un-filtered side of the filter box....questions:

1) I assume the amount of HHO mixing with the fuel / gas fluctuates significantly between when vehicle is started, idling, running at various throttle positions etc.........how does one tune the air fuel ratio if this HHO is constantly fluctuating......also if you generator stops producing and you have your mixture leaned out don't you run the risk of blowing up your engine since it doesn't have the HHO mixed in....???

2) Won't all the excess HHO being produced in trapped in the air fliter on long idles make the outside air to HHO ratio become mainly saturated with HHO ?

Clear as mud ?? Big Grin

Anyway is there anyway to regulate the amount of HHO sent to the air filter and to increase during acceleration and decrease during idle etc ?

Thoughts welcome please.

Cheers Big Grin
06-11-2008 02:20 AM
jksav7 Offline

Yes, a good way to do it is to hook some kind of simple device into the throttle position sensor. Now, the question is what kind of device to build, and how to install it? I wish I knew the answer to that.

Razor Wrote:Anyway is there anyway to regulate the amount of HHO sent to the air filter and to increase during acceleration and decrease during idle etc ?
Cheers Big Grin
06-11-2008 02:37 AM
Atfab Offline

[quote=jksav7]
Yes, a good way to do it is to hook some kind of simple device into the throttle position sensor. Now, the question is what kind of device to build, and how to install it? I wish I knew the answer to that.

One of the items on my "Next experiments list"

Since I'm thinking of using a PWM on my system and the PWM I am thinking of has a current (amps) limiter;

Some how, attach the limiter pot to the throttle linkage.

Problems
1, How to mechanically scale linkage travel vers. desired amperage range vers. pot travel
2, Protect the pot from heat and dirt.
3, Prevent possible cell overheating on long hills.
4, Convince the old lady that this is all worth while.

atfab

Atfab
99 S-10 Pickup 2.2L auto, Std cab, Short bed, Alum cap
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
06-12-2008 02:48 AM
Howard Offline

Atfab Wrote:[quote=jksav7]

One of the items on my "Next experiments list"

Since I'm thinking of using a PWM on my system and the PWM I am thinking of has a current (amps) limiter;

Some how, attach the limiter pot to the throttle linkage.

Problems
1, How to mechanically scale linkage travel vers. desired amperage range vers. pot travel
2, Protect the pot from heat and dirt.
3, Prevent possible cell overheating on long hills.
4, Convince the old lady that this is all worth while.

atfab

Perhaps your TPS system is similar to mine (Chevy S-10). The TPS is a variable pot with 5VDC applied to one end of the pot. The wiper of the the TPS rotates as the throttle is advanced and it will supply approximately .5VDC to the ECM at idle up to nearly 5VDC with the throttle fully open.
I would suggest a circuit to monitor the output voltage of the TPS wiper and use it to control the PWM.
06-16-2008 02:58 PM
markvanh Offline

idea How to regulate H2/O2 supply?
If you're willing to build a more complex control system, how about pressure regulating the supply off the generator?
A pressure sensor in the H2/O2 supply line, electr control mod could regulate the Amps to the generator to maintain say 5 psi not-to-exceed.
Then a regulator/valve at the end of the supply tube controlled electronically based on the MAP or TPS to control how much gas is released into the intake?

If one of the big automakers is interested in testing a H-enrichment system like this, I bet they could easily build and tune one.
-Mark

07 Subaru Forester 2.5X non-Turbo Auto Trans
06-29-2008 02:59 PM
wrench Offline

I was able to put a pressure switch on the transmission ,so it will only activate in 2 nd gear and up. I own a 2000 ford expedition
06-29-2008 03:04 PM
miracleheater Offline

FOUND IT !!!

HHO alone: 10-25% Fuel savings .
HHO + EFIE: 15-35% - using EFIE or EFIE/PWM Combo unit .
HHO + EFIE + IAT + MAP and more: 30-60% - using - ProTuner .

http://youtu.be/49Wij8B_aQU
03-15-2014 04:22 AM