Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much does EFIE module improve your MPG
rocky Offline

How much does EFIE module improve your MPG
I understand the EFIE module is used to adjust the air fuel mixture.
If I purchase this device how much improvement can I expect in terms of MPG, does it improve by 10%, 20% ??

and which one would be recommended for a 4cyl Honda with 2 O2 sensors.

thanks
07-09-2009 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: How much does EFIE module improve your MPG
I can't tell you how much your mileage will improve. EFIEs do not get used by themselves. They are designed to allow the computer to work with an HHO system (or other fuel combustion improvement technology). Your mileage results will depend on the HHO device more than the EFIE. The EFIE is adjustable, and will adjust as needed to work with the device you choose. But if the device improves the combustion a lot, then your mileage will go up a lot. But HHO systems on most cars will not show much improvement unless the EFIE is used.

As to the type needed for your Honda, I can't tell you. Honda started using wide band sensors in about 2000 or so, but different models adopted them at different times. You'll need to fill out a Sensor Request Form so we can look it up for you. But basically, all we are trying to figure out is whether your sensors are the newer wide band type, or the older narrow band type.

As a further note, Hondas are known to use both sensors as part of their air/fuel calculations, so you'll want to get a dual oxygen sensor so you can treat both.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-09-2009 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply