Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to adjust 02 sensors with EFI
learntcm Offline

Rolleyes How to adjust 02 sensors with EFI
I would like some help as to how to adjust my O2 Sensor. I have a Buick Excell. It has 1 wide band 02 sensor. I have found the signal wire which produces around 015mv to 645mv when the engine is warmed up. I tested this with a digital multimeter so it could be fractionally out. This is when the HHO is off. Now when I switch on the HHO electrolyse and plug the pipe into the air filter the reading changes after few seconds to 000mv to 530mv. So actually the voltage drops a little.I have read many articles and they all say that I should start with 200 mv and go up.

Now this were I am confused. I cut the 02 sensor wire and join it to my enhancer and from enhancer to ECU. I like to know which wire I measure the voltage on the one from the 02 sensor or the one coming out of the EFI enhancer and going to ECU.

The adjustment, Do I turn the knob till the low reading starts from 200mv and go up?. So that means that when my electrolyse is hooked up the computer will get the signal from EFI all the time 200mv or more?. Please try explain this to me. Also how high can go upto safely some articles say that some ecu will accept reading upto 400mv.

I managed to borrow my garage DSO meter. Can some one please tell me that when I got the HHO running should I adjust my EFI to make the engine run rich or lean. I have attached the DSO image.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[font=Arial][/font]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2010 08:57 AM by learntcm.)
04-20-2010 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
koya1893 Offline

RE: How to adjust 02 sensors with EFI
If you have a wide band you do not adjust it by lowering the voltage or cut the signal wire. If you are using the wide band EFIE from Fuel Saver you tapped into the signal wire and make the adjustment with the adjustment screw.

See photo. the blue adjustment screw is where you make the adjustment I recommend staring at 9 0' clock. Also, you need to treat the post cat O2, that one you cat and split the wire one going to the ECU and the other back to the O2. You start with 200mv, in my Ford F-150 it is set at 285mv with great result.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-20-2010 09:23 AM
learntcm Offline

Thank you for your advise. Actually I have ordered a wideband EFIE from you but has not arrived yet. I got one from another company and first I dont know whether its a dual band or narrow band. How can I check which one it is. In the instruction it say cut the sensor wire, dose that mean its narrow band?. Also you said start with 200mv. You mean I should adjust the blue screw so that the voltage do not come below 200mv?

(04-20-2010 09:23 AM)koya1893 Wrote:  If you have a wide band you do not adjust it by lowering the voltage or cut the signal wire. If you are using the wide band EFIE from Fuel Saver you tapped into the signal wire and make the adjustment with the adjustment screw.

See photo. the blue adjustment screw is where you make the adjustment I recommend staring at 9 0' clock. Also, you need to treat the post cat O2, that one you cat and split the wire one going to the ECU and the other back to the O2. You start with 200mv, in my Ford F-150 it is set at 285mv with great result.

[font=Arial][/font]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2010 05:08 PM by learntcm.)
04-20-2010 05:04 PM
mike Offline

If you're supposed to cut the wire, then it's a narrow band EFIE. From your voltages, you have a narrow band sensor. Not wide band. As far as I know, Buick makes no vehicles with a wide band sensor at all.

You make your measurement between the 2 joints you made. You measure the difference between the signal wire from the sensor and the wire going to the computer. What you'll be measuring is the amount of voltage being added by the EFIE. That's what should measure 200 mv. Basically the EFIE will be adding 200 mv to the sensor's signal, before it gets to the computer.

If that's not clear enough, then just read the directions for our analog EFIEs. You can find them here:

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/NbEfieInstall.html
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieCircuitBoard.html

You'll need to read both of them to have a full understanding of how to use a circuit board model. Yours will likely even have the same color codes as ours.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-20-2010 10:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply