Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to adjust a PWM
a3holerman Offline

RE: How to adjust a PWM
John,

There are usually at least 2 o2 sensors in our newer vehicles. One is before the Cat and the other is after the cat. Some cars with dual exhaust headers have 4 o2 sensors and some even more. The sensor you are concerned with is the one before the cat.

As I understan it the extra Oxygen in the air intake from the hho causes the o2 sensor to say opps too much oxygen meaning not enought fuel,lean mixture, so it sends more fuel via the injectors to the engine. This could actually cause a loss of MPG as you increase the HHO volume. This is what I have read and may or may not be the absolute truth. Anywhy we are having fun saving money and helping the enviroment and moving as a colective body to a very honorable goal.

Tom
Cape Cod
06-17-2008 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skiers4ever Offline

Thanks Tom! That's what I've read as well. I've also read that I might need and O2 Extender...not too expensive so can do. But, I've also read that I should get an EFIE first and, maybe, an Extender to use in conjuncton with and EFIE. Neither are outrageously priced so I can do both but, with gas prices the way they are, I don't want to throw my money away either. Any thoughts?

You're right though...I am having fun and am doing pretty good on MPG gain as well. Just think I can do better. I'll be posting my month's worth of results very soon. Then I'll try the EFIE and/or Extender after all my research is complete.

Have fun!
John

P.S. Love Cape Cod area...been there several times and planning to go back in the next 2 years. Miss the seafood!!!!!!!

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-17-2008 07:50 PM
qsiguy Offline

John, send me any diagrams you have and I'll look them over. I've owned an automotive electronics business for years, I read schematics and diagrams for casual reading Wink

What motor is in that Honda? V6 I assume? You should be able to look at the exhaust headers and follow to where they join. Just need to know if you need a single or dual EFIE. Did you ever determine which type of O2 sensor you have? Standard O2, wideband, or AFR?

You can email me from my web site below or I think it's in my profile on the forum.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
06-17-2008 08:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skiers4ever Offline

qsiguy Wrote:John, send me any diagrams you have and I'll look them over. I've owned an automotive electronics business for years, I read schematics and diagrams for casual reading Wink

What motor is in that Honda? V6 I assume? You should be able to look at the exhaust headers and follow to where they join. Just need to know if you need a single or dual EFIE. Did you ever determine which type of O2 sensor you have? Standard O2, wideband, or AFR?

You can email me from my web site below or I think it's in my profile on the forum.

Thanks qsiguy! I just emailed them to you so please let me know if you didn't receive them and I'll try another way. It is a V6, 3.5L. Still no clue on the EFIE or O2 sensor. I appreciate all the help!! John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-18-2008 01:05 PM