Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to modify the wideband 02 sensor?
tohmahak Offline

How to modify the wideband 02 sensor?
Hi, I'm working on a 2008 grand cherokee diesel 3.0 crd v6, i've instaled a hho cell but i now need to modify the wideband o2 sensor. I have a obd2 scan tool and I have some wiring skills. Its a 5 wire wideband o2 sensor and its ref signal is around .9v and 1v . Can any one help me?
01-14-2009 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: How to modify the wideband 02 sensor?
Hi Tohmahak, is that a 5-wire o2? Most people here use the narrow band efie on the 5 wire o2's but you can email Bruce and find out what efie you need along with what wires you need to connect to.

Check my Documents link to access info for both types, along with the Store link with product details.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-14-2009 03:00 PM
mike Offline

Please note, with the release of the Wide Band EFIE, we now no longer recommend using narrow band EFIEs on 5-wire wide band sensors. They really weren't designed for that use, and will not hold a stable voltage. They work, but they don't work well.

We recommend the new Wide Band EFIE from fuelsaver-mpg.com for 5-wire wide bands now. But note, these are not installed on the "5th wire". They are installed on one of the 2 current wires; the one with the highest voltage (usually 3.0 or 3.3 volts). The instructions describe this much better.

We have found the precision of control of a vehicle's air/fuel ratio with the Wide Band EFIE to be far superior than when using narrow band EFIEs. As the products will ultimately cost about the same amount, the Wide Band EFIE will be the clear choice for this application from now on.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-15-2009 08:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tohmahak Offline

Allright, I've emailed bruce about that and that's probably what i'll do. Do you have any idea on how much it's going to improve the vehicule's mpg with the 1,5l/min on? And when you mean the wire with the higher voltage you speak about the positive pump cell wire, right?
Have a good day and thankyou for your help!
01-15-2009 10:43 AM
colchiro Offline

See my Documents link for the new WB efie docs. I thought you could probably use the new efie, that's why I suggested asking Bruce which efie you should use. He should also be able to confirm what wire to connect to.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
01-15-2009 01:56 PM