Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HyZor C on a 1999 Ford Explorer
Bluescout Offline

HyZor C on a 1999 Ford Explorer
Hi all , glad to see such an informative forum on HHO use.

I have installed a Hyzor C series cell unit on my 1999 Ford Explorer along with 2 Eagle EFIEs on my Pre o2 sensors . The Hyzor and EFIEs are working correctly.

The instructions for the EFIE units called for presetting the voltage to 350 mvs. with the key in the on position but engine not running. Then proceed to start the engine , let it warm up and drive. then adjust the voltage for maximum milleage gains.

Problem being , at 350 mvs. , the engine would run like a paint shaker Tongue and eventually stall . I turned the EFIEs down to around 280 mvs and the engine ran ok .

Most of the driving I do is Hwy. travel commuting back and forth to work. It seems to perform very well , however , when I come to a stop it doesn't idle very well.

I am eventualy going to try heating the Hyzor using the prescribed method from Eagle Research and see if that helps . It just seems to me that the HHO gas production isn't enough at idle to keep it running smoothly.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to smooth out the idle ?

I am currently in the process of documenting my mileage gains with this current configuration and will post then soon .

Another thing that I am curious about is a comment made to me by a co-worker. He said that it's possible to buy after market chips for the ECU of most vehicles that could increase HP and fuel mileage. Anyone heard of such a thing ?
11-11-2008 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: HyZor C on a 1999 Ford Explorer
Chips have been available for years for Ford and Chevy engines. I haven't heard a report on their use with hho.

By any chance did you introduce your hho into a vacuum line or accidentally disconnect one when you worked under the hood?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 01:13 PM
Bluescout Offline

colchiro Wrote:Chips have been available for years for Ford and Chevy engines. I haven't heard a report on their use with hho.

By any chance did you introduce your hho into a vacuum line or accidentally disconnect one when you worked under the hood?

Thanks for the reply , I introduce the HHO under the air filter as per ER instructions . The truck idles smooth without the EFIEs and Hyzor turned on so I don't think a vacuum line is disconnected .

At high speeds with the Hyzor and EFIEs on , it runs nice , it's just when I come to a stop that it idles rough . Sometimes when I accelerate after coming to a stop I get a bit of hesitation and then it's picks up fine . Almost as if the the truck isn't picking up the HHO gas right away and lagging a bit .
11-11-2008 02:13 PM
colchiro Offline

Sounds like your efie is set too high. I'd back it off 50 to 100mv and see how that works.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 02:20 PM
Bluescout Offline

colchiro Wrote:Sounds like your efie is set too high. I'd back it off 50 to 100mv and see how that works.

I'll back it off a bit and check for mileage gains the rest of the week and report back .

Thanks for the response .

Doug
11-11-2008 03:25 PM
colchiro Offline

You've gone too high when one of the following occurs:

CEL
loss of power or other driveability issue
no gain in mileage.

Looks like #2 applies to you.

Rick

11-11-2008 04:08 PM
AlexR Offline

Doug,

If you built the version that needs to be heated, then you need to heat it. Otherwise the HyZor won't put out enough BG.
If you haven't already, take a look at the Post "Heating the ER HyZor" Under this same forum.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
11-12-2008 03:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply