Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydro Super 2 HHO Generator Output Test Results
skiers4ever Offline

Hydro Super 2 HHO Generator Output Test Results
I promised JKSAV7 that I would test the output of the Hydro Super 2 Generator (older unit...not the newest one Kenneth is currently selling, which he said has 3 more plates). Well, I finally did it today. Not at all what I expected but here are the results. The Hydro Super 2 single unit (the one I have) advertises up to 2 LPM of HHO production. I carefully measured/marked a 2 liter bottle with the necessary measurements, filled it with water, inverted it in water, put the end of the hose in and timed exactly one minute then measured displacement. I know this isn't the most perfect way, but, as I understand it, is the easiest/cheapest way everyone has agreed to as a standard.

First, I tested the output of my current mix (1/8 teaspoon NaOH to 64 ounces distilled water). The Generator/Engine ran for an hour and the Gen got to 8 Amps and 150 degrees. The output was 125 mL per minute. The Amps surprised me since less than 2 weeks ago it got to 12 Amps after about an hour. Didn't expect it to be 4 Amps less and I haven't changed anything. Is this normal with HHO Gens?

For the proper test, Kenneth said I needed to get the Gen to 16 to 18 Amps after 45 minutes to an hour of on time with the engine running and the temp of the unit will be 145 to 155 degrees at those Amps. He also stated that I needed to use either baking soda or KOH. I tried NaOH since that's my current mix. So, I tested a mix of 1/4 teaspoon of NaOH 64 ounces of distilled water. After 45 minutes, got the Amps to 16 and up to 18 after an hour, temp skyrocketed to above 195 degrees (I just couldn't keep the temp to 145 to 155 degrees with NaOH at those Amps). I did 4 one minutes tests starting at 45 minutes up to an hour and I averaged 250 mL of output a minute. The lowest I got was about 240 mL and the highest was about 260 mL. The problem was that it created so much foam and boiling water that the foam/water was coming through the tube. So, along with the HHO, I was getting some of the mix with it. This could have impacted the output results but I don't believe it would have impacted it that much.

I'm going to order KOH to run the test again so that I'm running an output test with exactly what Kenneth recommends. I could try baking soda...but I really don't want to go back to it if I can help it due to the cleaning issue...but I did get better MPG increases with it than I'm getting with NaOH. Oh well.

Although I didn't get 2 LPM, I'm still getting MPG gains so I don't know if output is the most important aspect. But, as JKSAV7 has pointed out, we need to keep manufacturers accountable for their advertising. Kenneth did state that the output is based on vacuum. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to test that. If anyone knows, please reply. I'll try KOH next as well since that's what he stated and let everyone know.

If I should try something else or if my testing is flawed in some way (other than not using KOH or baking soda...his recommendation, which I will do at a later time), please let me know.

Thanks!
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-26-2008 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjh566 Offline
HydroCrazy

RE: Hydro Super 2 HHO Generator Output Test Results
thats about the out put im getting from 2 mason jars at 10 amps with 2 plates in the each.
06-26-2008 06:26 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Thanks for the reply. I had hoped it would produce more but I'm getting MPG gains even at this level, so I'm okay. Are you getting any gains?

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-26-2008 07:51 PM
jksav7 Offline

Putting the small amount of vacuum on the generator that Ken does has been disproven by a couple guys on youtube to produce any more gas.

Even if there was a slight increase it wouldn't double or quadruple the gas production.
06-28-2008 11:36 AM
skiers4ever Offline

Hi jksav7, According to his website, it says the following:

"The single unit has been tested and produces +-2 ltr per min of HHO. The tests were done by science department of OSU under same conditions as if mounted in a vehicle operating at 13.8 volts Dc and under the vacume of 4 oz that is the restriction of the air cleaner."

But, mine is the older unit with less plates and I bought it used (so I'm not positive that the older unit is suppose to produce +- 2 lpm. In order to do a fair test, I've ordered the new anode with the 20 plates and will replace my older unit's guts with it. I'm also going to get KOH and try it. I'll let you know what the test results are once done. Other than buying a brand new unit, I don't know how to run a more fair test.

Stay tuned,
John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-28-2008 12:14 PM
jksav7 Offline

I have a real probem with these "tests" having been done under laboratory conditions. Still, I think they're blowing lots of smoke. I've watched the hydroxy gas move through my bubbler with the output hose connected/disconnected to the intake. There is no noticeable difference.

I'm glad you're going through this effort of testing. When you get your final results, if they aren't anywhere close to what Ken says they should be, he should know about it.

Still, you're getting mileage gains, and that's what it's all about. The exaggerated numbers are what sells these generators to newbies.
06-28-2008 02:35 PM
skiers4ever Offline

You're right...gains in MPG is everyone's goal. Maybe under "ideal" conditions, any Gen will create tons of HHO. But maybe not so much in the real world.

I will definitely notify Kenneth with my results. I have to say though, he's been fantastic. Very responsive and even replaced the relay when it went bad without cost. Says alot about him especially when I bought it used and not from him. That's worth alot to me.

All the best,
John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-28-2008 03:39 PM
jksav7 Offline

That does say a lot about him. I wonder, though, why he didn't perform the production numbers test himself under the same conditions everyone else does? Maybe I'll ask him myself. I wonder how many of these guys actually do any of the testing themselves? Eletrik demonstrates on youtube what his generator will do. It's not that hard.

Look how the lie propagates itself. Ken either knowingly or unkowingly sells generators to middle men who sell them to us, the whole time telling us the same thing Ken told them. If I was a middle man I would not under any circumstances sell anything that I didn't know worked up to specs.
06-28-2008 05:28 PM
skiers4ever Offline

I agree and would do the same. But I'm not saying anyone is lying. I need to do a test with what he recommends...KOH and with the new configuration. Even then, since I don't understand the "vacuum" aspect of it and I can't test it, I still wouldn't say his results are wrong...just that I can't verify them. Regards, John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-28-2008 05:37 PM
cheapfuel Offline

Just a quick note here. Built a generator with 6 2.5 inch diameter stainless steel plates. Container has 1.5 liter of NaOh solution at 1/2 teaspoon per liter. First test drew 30 amps and produced 200 ml/min. Had some leaks .Tightened a the filler and drain plug. Got 300 ml/min. I think I still have some leaks...fixed them and will test tomorrow.
06-28-2008 06:08 PM