Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HydroRunner Hydrogen Boosting
studebaker Offline

HydroRunner Hydrogen Boosting
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Article:Ron...n_Boosting

Ronn Motors' Scorpion using HydroRunner Hydrogen Boosting
"We got tired of being turned down by the Big Three automobile companies, so we decided to build our own company." -- Ronn Maxwell

tough road to hoe, hope they do it!
08-14-2008 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
studebaker Offline

RE: HydroRunner Hydrogen Boosting
3,500.00 for an add on unit! kind of steep.
08-15-2008 12:34 PM
hod Offline

Last year that may have been an Okay price but this year with so many HHO generators flooding the market and at a much lower price, they may have to lower their prices, too. They say that their unit doesn’t need a catalyst to work (just add water) so that’s another selling point.

hydrogen on demand
08-21-2008 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Welcome to the forums, hod!

The selling point of "just add water" kind of scares me. I would have to know more information on things like what electrolyzer aterials are they using, catalysts used, etc. before I jump into the "Let's just add TAP water and go!" bandwagon. Even after all that, I would probably use just distilled anyways, seeing how it's much better for the system as a whole and it's only $.77 a gallon anyways....a lot cheaper than $3.59 now (yay it's going DOWN!). And did I mention it's 10x better than gas any day? Oh, right! That's why we're all on the forums anyways, lol!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
08-22-2008 12:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nuclear1 Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Welcome to the forums, hod!

The selling point of "just add water" kind of scares me. I would have to know more information on things like what electrolyzer aterials are they using, catalysts used, etc. before I jump into the "Let's just add TAP water and go!" bandwagon. Even after all that, I would probably use just distilled anyways, seeing how it's much better for the system as a whole and it's only $.77 a gallon anyways....a lot cheaper than $3.59 now (yay it's going DOWN!). And did I mention it's 10x better than gas any day? Oh, right! That's why we're all on the forums anyways, lol!

The reason that tap water will work by itself is due to it's inherent impurities. These impurities are needed to conduct current flow between the plates in order for the electolysis process to happen. Distilled water is H2O in it's purest form with no inpurities which makes it an excellent insulator to electrical current which is why it is necessary to add an eletrolyte such as KOH to the distilled water to produce HHO gas.
08-22-2008 07:43 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Thanks for the info nuclear1! If that's the case for me needing to add solution with the distilled on this car, I would be more than happy to create a pre-mixed solution of distilled plus NaOH and add it when it's time to fill instead Smile . Maybe then I'll even get more mpg and performance from the car, because lots of people on the forum know that these are the best catalysts so far.

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

08-22-2008 09:33 AM
Jameson Offline

hod Wrote:Last year that may have been an Okay price but this year with so many HHO generators flooding the market and at a much lower price, they may have to lower their prices, too. They say that their unit doesn’t need a catalyst to work (just add water) so that’s another selling point.

HOD I checked out your site. This is the first I have seen of it. Id have to say...very impressed. My question for you is are you releasing your design to the public, or have you already. Or must one buy one to see whats inside? You say you use 5 plates in the Punch 2 and produced 3 lpm. What amperage was this? 40? Doesnt seem practical for underhood use. I am impressed though. I haven't seen results that good yet on cells like these. I would like to replicate the design and see if I get the same results. Im already using a 4" pipe and have massive amounts of steel lying around so it wouldnt be practical for me to spend 200 on your device. So once again just curious if exact blueprints or even close measurements are available. Thanks.
08-22-2008 09:59 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

WOAH!! Everyone, check out the dude's first name on the intro italics! Seems like Sterling is getting to be a revolutionary name. I can see it now, "Sterling Smith creates the world's first low-priced and highly efficient water-powered vehicle." Ahh, those will be the days....*keeps dreaming*

That car looks MEAN though, holy dang! And I thought the Lotus Exige or the NEW Tesla Roadster looked good. I would LOVE to see this new HHO car in action, anyone know where the vids are at???

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

08-23-2008 01:12 AM
hod Offline

Jameson, thanks for the nice words. The information that you quote isn’t on my site, however, but other sites that my website links to.

As far as video, this is the only spy shot I can find though the quality isn’t the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_gumpBuko

I’ve talked to the people at Hydrorunner and they are keeping it close to the vest as to how their technology works, because of business reasons such as patents and competition. I'm sure we'll learn more as the first Ronn Scorpions roll out, though.

hydrogen on demand
08-25-2008 10:40 AM
hygear Offline

If this is the same company Hydrorunners I called them(in Tampa fl.)(home office is in Tarpon springs fl.) and the woman that answered said the guy that answers the questions was not in.She took my number and said answer guy would call back.Two days later guy name Steve calls and was as evasive as possible on any technical questions asked.(didnt let on that I was already building and installing hho systems)Stated he would guarrantee me 84% better mpg with my 2005 dodge ram 5.7 hemi(It was all I could do to hold back LOL)I asked if he would put that in writing and he said his system was sooooooooo good that there was no reason to do so.Here's the best part the price,for any 4,6 or 8cyl.gas car or truck the price $3500.00 a diesel truck $7,000.00 and semi tractor $10,000.Then he proceeded to tell me he has to get half up front with a 6 week wait to have it installed.Oh yeah, he also stated if I paid in full he would give a 15% discount.My thoughts were RUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! dont walk away from hydrorunners.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 02:33 PM by hygear.)
08-26-2008 02:27 PM