Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Hydrocarbon cracking System
Edostar Offline

RE: Hydrocarbon cracking System
(06-14-2010 12:16 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  All you're doing is adding a vacuum leak and thus more air. The result is a leaner mixture and better mpg. 40% to 90% increased mpg is impossible. Look at the price you're paying for this vacuum leak and I can guarantee you there's no gasoline cracking going on.

Hi Thomasbala.

Thanks for the input.
Wow; you're practical research into this system seems rather more comprehensive than mine.
Perhaps we can compare notes when I've investigated your findings a bit more closely.

If what you say is true; I should get the same power-increase, smoother and quieter running engine etc by disconnecting the bubbler-tank and catalyst and just allowing fresh air to be drawn into the vacuum intake (but I imagine that you've already tried this).

All the best.

Edo.

Download HCS Installation files.
06-14-2010 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Edostar Offline

Hi again Thomasbala.
[Image: 2dhsge9.jpg]
Following your information that HCS is nothing more than an air-leak; I tried re-jigging the system so that fresh air was drawn into the vacuum intake in the same quantity as was previously fed through the petrol bubbler tank and then the heated catalyst.
The result was that the engine was difficult to start and ran very badly.

I then tried sending fresh air through the catalyst (so that it could be heated) and the results were identical.

I then hooked up the petrol bubbler again and the engine started well, ran smoothly and quietly with plenty of power.

I'm not a scientist but from these comparative experiments; I think anyone would conclude that the Hydrocarbon Crack System is no simple air-leak and the fuel-vapour definitely enhances the burn.

As to whether Hydrocarbon Cracking is actually taking place; there seems to be a catalyst heat-threshold that makes a huge difference to the way the car feels.
With a cold engine (cold exhaust-pipe and catalyst) the car runs okay.
After a minute or so of running; there is a noticeable power-gain which seems to correlate to catalyst-heat (if one stops the engine for a minute; the power is there immediately one starts running again as the catalyst is still very hot).
Of course; the hydrocarbon feed to the engine would need to be analysed before one could dismiss hydrocarbon cracking as completely as you did in your previous comments.

Whatever is happening in the Hydrocarbon Cracking System; it is clearly no simple air-leak and I would encourage anyone to try this simple, cheap and easily-fitted add-on.

Dan.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 03:40 AM by Edostar.)
06-22-2010 03:33 AM
Edostar Offline

More on Thomasbala's assertion that the Hydrocarbon Cracking System is nothing more than a simple air-leak:

In the picture above; I have (for simplicity's sake) omitted to draw in the control-valve(s).

The primary control valve has to be in the line between the bubbler tank and the catalyst.
This one controls the amount of petrol vapour being drawn through the catalyst and into the engine.

The other one (optional) is usually in the line between the catalyst and the point where it joins the engine.
The function of this second control-valve is to bleed air into the system thus controlling the richness of the mixture from the HCS.

One adjusts the system like this:

First; close both valves (effectively disabling the HCS feed) and start the engine.

Second; gradually open the Air Bleed valve until the idle speed of the engine slows significantly (Thomasbala's simple air-leak).

Finally; gradually open the primary Control Valve which allows the petrol vapour to enter the system until the revs pick up again and the engine runs smoothly.

The system is now set for optimum power-gain and fuel efficiency.

If the HCS was indeed nothing more than a simple air-leak (as Thomasbala suggests) the revs would not pick up again once the primary control valve is opened.

Once again; I encourage anyone to experiment with this simple, cheap system as it is my experience that significant power-gain and fuel efficiency can be obtained at minimal expense.

Edostar.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2010 02:45 PM by Edostar.)
07-12-2010 02:41 PM
Edostar Offline

Anecdotal evidence continues to pour in from regular folks here in Indonesia who have fitted this cheap and simple system to their vehicles.

The greatest fuel savings seem to be on motorcycles (particularly 125cc step-throught scooters) that achieve something in the region of 110+ kilometers to the liter (you do the conversion to mpg).

I fitted the HCS system to my Honda 200cc single cylinder motorcycle and the power-gain is very noticeable.
I haven't calculated the fuel-saving yet.

On a motorcycle (where the exhaust pipe and HCS catalyst is exposed to the wind) there is a noticeable delay after starting the engine before the catalyst reaches the required temperature to crack the petrol vapour.
When this temperature is achieved; the bike runs suddenly much better with a significant power-gain.
At this point; the efficiency of the engine clearly increases and is responsible for the fuel-saving.

To my knowledge; no controlled research has been conducted on this system; the bulk of the field-trials are being done ad-hoc by regular Indonesians who are fitting the HCS in increasing numbers.

Dan.

07-16-2010 05:14 PM
Ryanrpm Offline

Maybe you mentioned this before, but what "catalyst" are you using? Or is it just heat that is breaking down the hydrocarbons?

One observation I have, is that over time, you will need to place fresh petrol in your vapor jar, as only your lighter hydrocarbons will go first, leaving the heavier ones to remain in the jar. If you could get the manifold heat to contact all of the fuel, you might break down all the carbon chains, and not just the lighter ones.

I like your design though...keep it up!

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
07-16-2010 09:59 PM
Edostar Offline

(07-16-2010 09:59 PM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  Maybe you mentioned this before, but what "catalyst" are you using? Or is it just heat that is breaking down the hydrocarbons?

One observation I have, is that over time, you will need to place fresh petrol in your vapor jar, as only your lighter hydrocarbons will go first, leaving the heavier ones to remain in the jar. If you could get the manifold heat to contact all of the fuel, you might break down all the carbon chains, and not just the lighter ones.

I like your design though...keep it up!

Hi Ryanrpm.

This is not my idea but one drawn from a US Patent for a similar system (I'll try to find out the patent number) which was taken up by an Inonesian (hence the Indo'-connection) who is now sharing the system on public forums in the country,

I bought a couple of kits from him (for a minimal cost) each containing a catalyst inside a copper tube.
He says that the catalyst contains Alumina Oxide bound in nickel/platinum gauze along with a flashback arrestor.

It occurs to me that there may only be a flashback arrestor in the tube and that the hydrocarbons are cracked by heat alone.

I've been using this system for a few weeks now and all the petrol eventually evaporates leaving no residue whatsoever.
You may well be right that only part of the petrol vapour is cracked into hydrocarbons but it's all drawn into the engine and burned in one form or another.

Depending on how much petrol-vapour one allows into the vecuum inlet of the engine; the bubbler-petrol is used up at between 5% and 10% of the regular petrol.
Thus a bike with a 10 liter tank will have used between 1/2 and 1 liter of fuel for the bubbler by the time the regular tank is empty.
The mileage gain is generally between 40% and 90% (making it a worthwhile investment).

The power-gain is very noticeable and the engine runs more smoothly and has greater torque (all of which corroborates the claim that the efficiency of the burn is increased by using this system).

All the best.

Dan.

07-17-2010 03:13 PM
Aat Yuli Offline

Hi All,
For your information, this system today already used by thousand of vehicle in Indonesia, because very cheap, simple and safe.
The last report from user is coming from Volvo 960 3000cc gasoline, from 6 km/ltr become 11 km/ltr after modification (the HCS bubler is using 800 cc of gasoline for 200 km )
Also one of car manufacturing in europe already making research for this system but using an injector (not bubler), they call this system as fuel reformer onboard,
Sorry for long respons from me, because I still make engineering design for a factory, and energy saving project for corporate,

Regards
A'at
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2010 02:40 AM by Aat Yuli.)
07-18-2010 02:12 AM
Ryanrpm Offline

If this is available as a kit, do you know if it is still sold to the public?

Got any purchase information? (website, cost, etc?)

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
07-18-2010 02:42 AM
Edostar Offline

(07-18-2010 02:42 AM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  If this is available as a kit, do you know if it is still sold to the public?

Got any purchase information? (website, cost, etc?)

Hi Ryanrpm.

It is available as a kit here in Indonesia and there seem to be a number of outlets.

The system was developed by a guy in Jogjakarta on the island of Java and I got my kits from him.
The problem is that he speaks no English and is not in the habit of sending kits overseas.

If you want; I guess I could ask him to send you however many kits you need but the payment process could be difficult (he normally accepts bank transfers to his account at Bank Central Asia; a popular bank here in Indonesia).

The price is minimal: he charges about $8.00 for a motorcycle kit and $16.00 for a car kit (plus shipping).
Kits include a plastic bubbler tank, a copper catalyst, a couple of control taps and enough flexible pipe to fit the system to your vehicle.
[Image: 2zpqbn7.jpg]

Edo.

07-18-2010 09:09 PM
cedarman Offline

Hi Edostar,
I want to thank you and Aat Yuli for bringing this device to our attention.
I find this very interesting, one of the things about the HCS that appeals to me is that this system appears to be very simple and easy to replicate.
I would certainly be willing to either purchase one or put one together myself to see if it really works.
Like you, I'm a little skeptical that the "Katalis" contains anything more than a flashback arrestor, I can't see selling a product containing platinum for $8.
I'm sure somebody in Indonesia has cut one apart to see what's inside?

Have you had any success in locating that patent number?

Eric.
07-19-2010 06:36 PM