Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Hydrocarbon cracking System
think411 Offline

RE: Hydrocarbon cracking System
Paulo,
My question is what rendered the system useless?
Was it the flaking that clogged the line or did the line stop cracking even though it was flaking with free flowing air?
Wondering if it is needed to have clean copper to crack or just the heat.
Meaning that there may be flaking but the heat is still present and supposedly that is the factor needed for cracking.
Would like to see anyone using a different material beside copper with success.
Edostar shows the original unit didn't include copper and wasn't even insulated.
I could have mine insulated and it still doesn't work. Go figure.
I'm ready to purchase the original unit if they are found for sale somewhere.
11-19-2016 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Paulo Offline

Something I should have added in my previous post: if another solvent is used instead of gasoline, like acetone etc., does the copper tube get flaky and/or corroded as it does with gasoline/petrol?
Paulo
11-20-2016 06:09 PM
think411 Offline

Paulo,
As far as the flaking, we are talking about the copper breaking down and not carbon deposits as is thought by many to be the black flakes in the tube.
A post a couple weeks back I posted here I stated that even when the tube was not used, the whole tube turned to flakes meaning the heat destroyed the copper and reduced it to flakes and ashes.
So I am wondering if others had the same problem of the copper breaking down in flakes as mine did or is it just limited to those who use the copper tubing made or bought here in the US.
As far as using another liquid, I have tried that also.
Used acetone alone and with gas combined and also an alcohol solution and none had success and it could have been because of the copper tube.
Big mystery and we are in uncharted waters so all we can do is guess.
That is why I want to eliminate the copper and try the system that was first used to see if I can get success there instead of failure now as it is.
11-20-2016 06:19 PM
Paulo Offline

think411 said:
My question is what rendered the system useless?
Was it the flaking that clogged the line or did the line stop cracking even though it was flaking with free flowing air?

I don't know. When I noticed that the copper tube on my bike flaked up on the inside, the air couldn't pass through it anymore it's so I couldn't tell.
I too would gladly buy one of the original kits sold by Pak Dehari, if they were still available.
I now live in Canada. I have been wanting to try HCS on my 6.0 turbo diesel Powertroke Ford truck. Does anybody out there have any experience with HCS on those? I'm thinking of trying an alternative solvent, like acetone, or maybe Aspen fuel, but both are very expensive. I am also wondering whether a pharmacy-bought vaporizer might work with fuel or solvent instead of water.
Anybody...?
Thx.
Paulo
11-20-2016 06:58 PM
think411 Offline

Paulo,
If you were having success with the copper(not sure if you did) then flaking to a point of clogging is not as big a problem.
You either have to flush the system now and then like I did with a vacuum pump or try a little bigger tube.
There is also the possibility of trying a different catalyst like stainless steel.
I am now looking at SS straws in 1/4 diameter to strap to the manifold if the copper is the problem. Also insulating the HCS tube with fiberglass wrap holds the heat from escaping due to wind circulation while driving.
Its all a guess right now why no success for some while Edostar seems to have success with all the fuel devices he tried like two or more different HCS set ups and the ionizer.
11-20-2016 07:08 PM
Paulo Offline

Edostar in Indonesia has gasoline containing nowhere near as many additives as we do in North America.
I too have been wanting to experiment with other materials instead of copper, like the steel brake lines from big trucks.
The vaporizer I have actually has an ionizer, which if I understand correctly is a type of transducer? Would that work with solvents or fuel?
11-20-2016 07:15 PM
think411 Offline

The regular transducers that I have seen that vaporize water into a mist is not what you want to use. Gasoline destroys them pretty fast.
The ionizer in this forum is a container with copper, zinc and aluminum pieces that supposedly breaks down the bond between the molecules so the droplets into your fuel injectors is of a finer mist.
That is the premise I believe.
You can also remove that gunk in the gas that the powers that be forced on us by distilling it.
Very simple method I do to get pure gas to use. Takes less than an hour to set up system.
Do a search on this on Youtube if you are interested.
11-20-2016 07:24 PM
Paulo Offline

I actually did try distilling gasoline a few months ago but had problems with vacuum sucking the distilled stuff back into the still. Don't know what I was doing wrong. :-(
11-20-2016 08:18 PM
hhofox Offline

Hi Guys,
I just changed my tubes on Saturday, so I should see some results. The old ones got really charred, since they were insulated while touching the top of the exhaust manifold. Black stuff was coming off of them, but the air still passed through. I will have to see how the mileage is affected by the change. Things did get to a point where I could only get a max of about 500km from my 40L(?) tank, whereas I had gotten 600 with good tubes. I will keep you posted on the results -you can do the same. I do believe that the tubes make a big difference though -along with how well your car is already performing.
11-22-2016 06:57 PM
Paulo Offline

Has anyone out there experimented simply with water? Something like on the old French econokits. I'm curious to know whether the tubes would get damaged or not that way.
Paulo
11-25-2016 06:54 AM