Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Hydrocarbon cracking System
Edostar Offline

RE: Hydrocarbon cracking System
(07-19-2010 06:36 PM)cedarman Wrote:  Hi Edostar,
I want to thank you and Aat Yuli for bringing this device to our attention.
I find this very interesting, one of the things about the HCS that appeals to me is that this system appears to be very simple and easy to replicate.
I would certainly be willing to either purchase one or put one together myself to see if it really works.
Like you, I'm a little skeptical that the "Katalis" contains anything more than a flashback arrestor, I can't see selling a product containing platinum for $8.
I'm sure somebody in Indonesia has cut one apart to see what's inside?

Have you had any success in locating that patent number?

Eric.

Hi Eric.

This system is indeed very cheap to purchase and very easy to install.
Also the installation is easily removed if found to be unsatisfactory.

Another attractive factor is that the confirmations of increased power and significant fuel-economy come from regular users and not from a commercial company promoting some (possibly charlatan) product.

I've tried drawing the guy on the exact contents of the catalyst but he's naturally reluctant to tell me.
He did say that it doesn't contain any chemical; just the same metal as is used in the GEET reactor core.
He also said that if I took one apart; I could easily make one myself.

If I shake the catalyst; I can hear what sounds like a loose-fitting packet of something which will slide back and forth along the length of the copper tube a centimeter or so.
This suggests that it is indeed a metal gauze sheath containing metal powder or shavings of some kind.

All we need to know is what the powder is and what kind of gauze would stand the heat (up to 400C) and we should be able to produce the system ourselves.
Better still; release the information openly to the public.

As you can see from the photo; the catalyst is the only mystery part.
All the other items can be purchased from any auto-parts store.

The control valves are sold in aquarium stores.
The flexible hose feels like rubber and is sufficiently heat-proof.

This system is cheap here in Indonesia but my experience of shipping costs to foreign destinations is that they are way more than the price of the packet's contents.

I asked the guy who sells these if he'd be willing to ship them to the States and he wasn't interested.
He said that he'd gladly supply me with the parts if I was interested to send them on to customers overseas.

I think it would be much more efficient to analyse the contents of the catalyst and make them in the destination country.

As to whether one can crack the petrol vapour with heat alone; why not just try it?
Exchange the catalyst in the drawing for a piece of copper tube and see if you get any measure of power-gain and fuel economy.

All the best.

Edo.

Download HCS Installation files.
07-19-2010 11:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dingo Offline

Thanks for all the info guys !

just curious....the vacuum connection at the carburetor: is it connected to engine vacuum (active at idle or full throttle) ? or is it venturi vacuum (active at partial throttle) ?
07-20-2010 09:48 PM
Edostar Offline

(07-20-2010 09:48 PM)dingo Wrote:  Thanks for all the info guys !

just curious....the vacuum connection at the carburetor: is it connected to engine vacuum (active at idle or full throttle) ? or is it venturi vacuum (active at partial throttle) ?

Hi Dingo.

I'm not sure about this.
I've only ever fitted this system to two vehicles:

One is a 1994 Honda 200cc motorcycle which has no vacuum intake at all.
I had to drill a hole in the carb manifold and fit a tube myself to attach the HCS feed to.
This will suck in more cracked petrol vapour the faster the engine goes and less at idle.
The bike runs much better with this system attached.
Increased power, torque etc and I seem to get through very little fuel.

The other vehicle is a 2008 Ford Escape (petrol) 2.5 liter engine which was rather gutless before I fitted this system.
Runs sooo much better now; feels like it adds another liter to the engine capacity.
I found a vacuum intake that ran through some kind of sensor and originated at the air filter.
I tapped into it with one of the 'T' pieces and it draws vapour from the bubbler at idle and more at higher revs.

Everyone who has fitted this system speaks very highly of its benefits; both in terms of increased power and fuel efficiency.

HHO was popular here in Indonesia (although a little expensive) and now everyone is fitting HCS which produces much more hydrocarbon, takes nothing from the electrical system and is dirt cheap to fit.

All the best.

Edostar.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 01:30 AM by Edostar.)
07-21-2010 01:27 AM
kumaran Offline

Hi Edostar,

Saya dari Malaysia.Big Grin

Very interesting concept. Can you post pictures of your setup from two bikes which fitted with this system?

Regards,
Kumaran
(Knowledge without action is useless, action without knowledge is foolish)
07-21-2010 02:14 AM
Edostar Offline

(07-21-2010 02:14 AM)kumaran Wrote:  Hi Edostar,

Saya dari Malaysia.Big Grin

Very interesting concept. Can you post pictures of your setup from two bikes which fitted with this system?

Hi Kumaran.

Kalau di Malaysia; mungkin anda bisa pesan HCS dari pak Dehari.
http://forum.detik.com/showthread.php?t=44504

I only fitted HCS to one bike; the Honda 200cc.
Here's the photos:

[Image: dlghuw.jpg]

[Image: 21bj9mv.jpg]

Edo.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 03:38 AM by Edostar.)
07-21-2010 03:31 AM
dingo Offline

Thx Edostar, it looks pretty simple. I guess most city driving would be at partial throttle, but ideally, i guess to maximize mileage improvements, you could have two vacuum sources; one for idle, one for throttle.

Also, if there IS a catalyst that breaks down the vapor, i guess you could put a variety of possible fuels in the bubbler...diesel, alchohol etc...whatever is cheaper !

Thx for the pix.
07-21-2010 04:15 PM
kumaran Offline

(07-21-2010 03:31 AM)Edostar Wrote:  Kalau di Malaysia; mungkin anda bisa pesan HCS dari pak Dehari.
http://forum.detik.com/showthread.php?t=44504

Terima Kasih Edostar.

Your setup looks very nice and neat. I'll order HCS from Pak Dehari. But first, I need to read through forum postings from the link you gave.

Thank you again for posting the pictures. I have better understanding now on how simple this system could be. I believe others would appreciate as well.

Regards,
Kumaran
07-21-2010 05:40 PM
Edostar Offline

(07-21-2010 04:15 PM)dingo Wrote:  Thx Edostar, it looks pretty simple. I guess most city driving would be at partial throttle, but ideally, i guess to maximize mileage improvements, you could have two vacuum sources; one for idle, one for throttle.

Also, if there IS a catalyst that breaks down the vapor, i guess you could put a variety of possible fuels in the bubbler...diesel, alchohol etc...whatever is cheaper !

Thx for the pix.

Hi Dingo.

There's a certain amount of evidence that other fuels work well in the bubbler.
For instance; someone got increased fuel economy by adding a proportion of zippo lighter fuel to the petrol in the bubbler tank and surmised that Acetone may work too.
Unfortunately acetone is restricted here and one needs a license to buy it after it was discovered to be a component in producing Extacy.

I think this system is very under-researched and has many undiscovered modifications.
Even in its present form; it gives amazing mileage increases and a lot more power for such a cheap and simple add-on.

Apparently engines run better on these kind of hydrocarbons than on regular petrol.
It would be very interesting to try and run an engine entirely from the bubbler.

Obviously the first step is to get detailed info on what's really inside the 'catalyst' (if anything).
Then the system becomes immediately replicable.
Of course if there's nothing but a flashback arrestor in the catalyst tube; then the system is already replicable.

Edostar.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2010 01:54 AM by Edostar.)
07-22-2010 01:25 AM
kumaran Offline

(07-22-2010 01:25 AM)Edostar Wrote:  Hi Dingo.

There's a certain amount of evidence that other fuels work well in the bubbler.
For instance; someone got increased fuel economy by adding a proportion of zippo lighter fuel to the petrol in the bubbler tank and surmised that Acetone may work too.
Unfortunately acetone is restricted here and one needs a license to buy it after it was discovered to be a component in producing Extacy.

I think this system is very under-researched and has many undiscovered modifications.
Even in its present form; it gives amazing mileage increases and a lot more power for such a cheap and simple add-on.

Apparently engines run better on these kind of hydrocarbons than on regular petrol.
It would be very interesting to try and run an engine entirely from the bubbler.

Obviously the first step is to get detailed info on what's really inside the 'catalyst' (if anything).
Then the system becomes immediately replicable.
Of course if there's nothing but a flashback arrestor in the catalyst tube; then the system is already replicable.

Edostar.

I have read about 50 pages from thread forum link you gave. Initially I was not so convince about fuel vapor technology because I have done this type of testing in my old Honda Accord long ago. Off couse the car RPM increases when additional fuel vapor from bubbler enters into vacuum manifold.

After few testing, result constantly shows increase in fuel economy but after minus off with reduces fuel in bubbler tank, the result shows little increase in fuel economy. I never tested heated fuel vapor as what DeHari did.

After reading forum threads, I'm really suprrised to see (youtube) that water vapor comes out from exhaust. This shows presences of hidrogen in this system. I also checked youtube videos and its really amazing to see such simple system really gives big fuel savings. The secret definetely lies in catalyt used in this system.

I have contacted the inventor and right now in the process of purchasing the system. Once tested, I will post the result.

Regards,
Kumaran
07-22-2010 06:09 PM
Edostar Offline

(07-22-2010 06:09 PM)kumaran Wrote:  I have read about 50 pages from thread forum link you gave. Initially I was not so convince about fuel vapor technology because I have done this type of testing in my old Honda Accord long ago. Off couse the car RPM increases when additional fuel vapor from bubbler enters into vacuum manifold.

After few testing, result constantly shows increase in fuel economy but after minus off with reduces fuel in bubbler tank, the result shows little increase in fuel economy. I never tested heated fuel vapor as what DeHari did.

After reading forum threads, I'm really suprrised to see (youtube) that water vapor comes out from exhaust. This shows presences of hidrogen in this system. I also checked youtube videos and its really amazing to see such simple system really gives big fuel savings. The secret definetely lies in catalyt used in this system.

I have contacted the inventor and right now in the process of purchasing the system. Once tested, I will post the result.

Hi Kumaran.

I agree; heating the fuel vapour is vital to this system.
The only question is whether there is some sort of catalytic reaction occurring in the 'catalyst' tube or whether the vapour will crack into hydrocarbons with heat alone.

Whatever the chemistry; a flash-back arrestor is an important safety measure.

Fuel vapour alone won't achieve these results; it needs to be cracked into hydrogen and carbon.
Apparently the catalyst tube does this when clamped to the exhaust manifold which reaches more than 300C when the engine is running.

I hope pak Dehari can send you an HCS kit and look forward to hearing your experiences with the system.

All the best.

Edo.

07-22-2010 06:32 PM