Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Hydrocarbon cracking System
dingo Offline

RE: Hydrocarbon cracking System
HHOFox: i was revisiting your wick set-up from a few years back..are you still using that set-up? or did you go back to the bubbler type ?
09-03-2017 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhofox Offline

Dingo: Still wicking! You kind of just set it and forget it. The wicking idea is expounded upon in a Youtuber named TheVaporKid's videos. Check them out if you are interested. He has not done anything in a long time though.

The issue which I am having is with the reduction in mileage as time passes by. I have watched my gains go from almost 600km per tank of gas to a little over 400km. Of course, some of it is due to my driving faster now, but I also believe that the car's fuel trims play a part. There is also the condition of the copper tubing. I will have to reset my computer and see what difference it makes over a few months. After that, I will change the tubes, and see what kind of effect that has.
Another thing which I had wanted to try was puttinga camphor/naphthalene ball into my bubbler/reservoir to aid in vaporization and so on. However, I can't since my bottle is sealed. IF anyone does, please let me know. Those balls can be like a double-edged-sword. Put them in, and they boost your engine's power! Put in too many, and they eat your engine for lunch (while it gives you wings)! I put 1 ball in a full 40L tank of gas when I plan to climb steep hills. It works wonders -research it!
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 04:28 PM by hhofox.)
09-04-2017 04:21 PM
dingo Offline

Ive seen his videos, i was just curious how you use it within HCS...do you blow air in? or use vacuum? what type of wick material do you use?

As far as your fuel trim...yes the computer is programmed to notice if your injectors are firing at lean or rich extremes(over a period of time), and then adjust to bring you back to stoich 14.7:1..which is where the Cat. operates..so its constantly working against your gains. try reset..tho its not a long term solution
09-07-2017 10:09 AM
think411 Offline

HHOFox

I remember a few posts back that you were having diminishing results with you HCS and you thought it was the copper. Surprised you didnt change the tubes sooner since having a 33% reduction in MPG would concern me in a big way. Getting 33% more would make me ecstatic.
I have given up on copper for the cracking tube since the breakdown/flaking of the tube would nullify the HCS in short order. Guess here in the US we have garbage copper for this application that cant take the heat.
One thing I have not found in these posts that I can remember is a mix of gas with something else like acetone, xylene, ethanol, etc. Since vaporization where the lighter molecules are vaporized leaving the heaver ones behind seems to be an issue.
If one can find an easier way of cracking the gas either with a different configuration or gas mixture then HCS would be much more popular. I gave up because of the failure of the copper in short order. Having only 10-15 second sessions where the car started "floating", with the MPG's going almost double in that time(monitored by Scangauge II), was all I could muster as success.
09-14-2017 10:07 PM