Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrogen Only System Results "H2"
hydrodine Offline

Hydrogen Only System Results "H2"
As many of you know i could not get any gains with my 1998 saturn, I tried everything. I finally built a working generator that separated the oxygen from the hydrogen and had good results, went from 32 mpg to 37 mpg.

1. Some people dont believe H2 only would work.

2. The saturn's computer would not acccept the efie at any setting.

3. I lost mileage with a efie, map adjuster and a series cell producing 1.2 liters per minute. My mileage dropped from 32 to 26 mpg.

4. After a couple of months of running H2 the car retained the 37 mpg.

5. The H2 system does not require any sensor modifications.

6. I am a firm believer in the H2 system at this point. It does not pop like hho when lit, Instead it is a smooth fast burn. It does not add oxygen to the system which in turn requires an efie to adjust it out.

7. It does not require large amounts of hydrogen to get a gain. The intake air is plenty to add for compustion.

8. You can safely store hydrogen without oxygen, you can not store hho, it is too unstable.

9. I will be installing another H2 cell in my new truck and will post the results.

10. I gave the saturn to my daughter and she now drives it.

11. Gary is a forum memeber that lives close to me and has seen the H2 cell function in the saturn.

12. I am currently working on a series H2 cell. My current design runs at 9 amps hot, I would like to get it down some with a series cell. My output is 250 ml per minute of pure hydrogen.

Hydrodine
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2008 06:24 PM by hydrodine.)
08-25-2008 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghahai ghato Offline

RE: Hydrogen Only System Results "H2"
Big Grin Excellent work.... super thumbs up to you HD...
Several months back I posted something similar but not as detailed as yours....
I did manage to build a HHO single cell that supplied H2 into the airbox and saw a slight increase in MPG as compared to HHO, although the increase was slight <10%. It still proves that H2 only does improve mileage without having to mod the electronics...

I'm with you on this bro... I've got a seperating chamber series cell design lying around somewhere and will soon find time to work on it too... thanx for the re-inspiration....Wink

The question now is; what is the threshold level of MPG with H2 only? and if indeed the O2 sensor also detects hydrocarbons in the exhaust... a more complete burn will still effect negative MPG....

Only further R&D will tell... Good Luck....
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2008 10:13 PM by ghahai ghato.)
08-25-2008 10:10 PM
howiemandel Offline

Very cool hydrodine! I've thought about this alot as well. Its just i've been so busy tweaking what I got, i just dont have time. Sad
Do you have any plans on building your system in the works? I"d certainly would enjoy checking it out.
Thanks,
Howie.
08-26-2008 12:15 AM
Terry_Dodson Offline

hydrodine i have been thinking about making a Hydrogen only unit for my 1992 Geo Metro, but having trouble getting the Hydrogen and Oxygen seperated. Could you explain how you seperated yours? I had tried putting a plexiglass divider between 2 stainless plates and using a solution of distilled water and Lye and still got HHO out one hose and nothing out the other, running both hoses into a bucket of water. Whichever hose was higer in the bucket is where the HHO would come out, nothing would come out the other, rase the one with nothing cominig out til it got obove the other and it would start having the HHO come out it and the other would stop. Not sure why i could not get both hoses bubbling.
08-26-2008 04:04 AM
hydrodine Offline

I am making a detailed drawing in autocad of the H2 cell. I used 4 ounces of sodium citrate with 2 1/3 cups of distilled water. If you go to http://www.lookme2.com that guy is doing a unit similar to mine. He is in FL i think.
08-26-2008 05:21 AM
hydrodine Offline

Terry_Dodson Wrote:hydrodine i have been thinking about making a Hydrogen only unit for my 1992 Geo Metro, but having trouble getting the Hydrogen and Oxygen seperated. Could you explain how you seperated yours? I had tried putting a plexiglass divider between 2 stainless plates and using a solution of distilled water and Lye and still got HHO out one hose and nothing out the other, running both hoses into a bucket of water. Whichever hose was higer in the bucket is where the HHO would come out, nothing would come out the other, rase the one with nothing cominig out til it got obove the other and it would start having the HHO come out it and the other would stop. Not sure why i could not get both hoses bubbling.

What type of current draw did you have? Remember; when you separate the two you have twice as much hydrogen then oxygen. The separator housing will work like a water column. The deeper you put your output hose in a water bubbler the more back pressure is created and forces the water to raise in the other side.

I measure all of my outputs with a flow meter. From my testing and experimenting i found 1.5 liters per hour of pure hydrogen to do the trick as a base point.

Just remember output of hydrogen is twice as much as oxygen, i vent my oxygen under the hood, it goes back to the air, hooked up to nothing.

My hydrogen line is connected to the "dirty side of the air cleaner box".

Hope this helps.

Hydrodine
08-26-2008 05:33 AM
hydrodine Offline

ghahai ghato Wrote:Big Grin Excellent work.... super thumbs up to you HD...
Several months back I posted something similar but not as detailed as yours....
I did manage to build a HHO single cell that supplied H2 into the airbox and saw a slight increase in MPG as compared to HHO, although the increase was slight <10%. It still proves that H2 only does improve mileage without having to mod the electronics...

I'm with you on this bro... I've got a seperating chamber series cell design lying around somewhere and will soon find time to work on it too... thanx for the re-inspiration....Wink

The question now is; what is the threshold level of MPG with H2 only? and if indeed the O2 sensor also detects hydrocarbons in the exhaust... a more complete burn will still effect negative MPG....

Only further R&D will tell... Good Luck....

Thanks for the kind words, What i have found after months of testing is the hydrogen mixed with the gasoline when it is burned in the engine produces a rich burn from all of the fuel being ignited, the O2 sensor see's this as a rich burn of the hydrocarbons and leans the mixture out, thus better mileage without any sensor modifications.

That is what is happening in the saturn, My new truck i bought is a chevy with the I-5 vortec, When i get it mounted i will post my results.
08-26-2008 05:41 AM
jjb2888 Offline

I have built a H only device it is a basic Hoffman device what I found to help get the H only out and to flow I use a simple irrigation bubbler on the o side. This bubbler is adjustable it allows for O to vent but also allows a little pressure to build up and allow the H to flow. Adjustment has been tricky too much pressure and electrolyte will start to bubble out, due to pressure to little pressure and H flows really slow. The draw back to my unit is electrode spacing is to far away to draw amps. Waiting for sodium citrate to see if this helps. The unit draws only 2 amps and stays roughly at 108 degrees external and 120 internal.
08-26-2008 07:13 AM
texasdanml430 Offline

so, the same rules apply? 2-3 volts per cell is all it really takes, after that you just heat the water? shouldnt an efficient unit have 5, 6 or 7 cells?

some people say baking soda is better (????) for making hydrogen only????

where do you get sodium citrate? is is mono- or di- or tri- sodium c??

personally, i'd like to limit the current to 10 amps.
08-26-2008 07:43 AM
finallyME Offline

Hey hydrodine, thanks for the inspiration. I am still drawing up my H2 only design in Solidworks. Almost done. I am hoping to have it installed before the end of September. I will post results when done. Also, I was wondering how the engine handles the extra fuel with out the extra oxygen. It is good to know that it will automatically lean it out. I wonder if there is a limit, ie, if you add a LOT of hydrogen, will it freak out and not continue to lean out?

My vehicles:
2002 Saturn SL2 4 banger
2006 Chrysler Town and Country

You can kill two birds with one stone, but you can't kill one stone with two birds. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 07:58 AM by finallyME.)
08-26-2008 07:50 AM