Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrogen Only System Results "H2"
texasdanml430 Offline

RE: Hydrogen Only System Results "H2"
also, i wonder if the o2 sensors were tweaked just a little, if the results would be even
better. i understand hydrogen engines run quite lean. but also, if you get carried away
you run into timing issues........

not that i'm getting greedy or anything........

seems to me, the place to start is by getting stock exhaust gas temps FIRST, and keeping
track of them as you go along with the mods..........
08-26-2008 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jjb2888 Offline

hydrodine Wrote:I am making a detailed drawing in autocad of the H2 cell. I used 4 ounces of sodium citrate with 2 1/3 cups of distilled water. If you go to http://www.lookme2.com that guy is doing a unit similar to mine. He is in FL i think.
I looked at his install instructions, why is he putting the oxygen back into the engine. He states to hook it to the tee installed in the intake next to the hydrogen. Makes no sense.

Nice looking unit though
08-26-2008 10:40 AM
Terry_Dodson Offline

hydrodine how are you seperating them to still get pressure out both hoses? I looked at that link but did not see how he is seperating it. On the one i was making i was using a car battery charger running about 4 amps. Do i need to put some kind of pressure thing on both sides (like an aquarium check valve), then run the H2 one to the bubbler and the Oxygen one just vent into the air? Would that make both put out?
08-26-2008 12:04 PM
hydrodine Offline

jjb2888 Wrote:
hydrodine Wrote:I am making a detailed drawing in autocad of the H2 cell. I used 4 ounces of sodium citrate with 2 1/3 cups of distilled water. If you go to http://www.lookme2.com that guy is doing a unit similar to mine. He is in FL i think.
I looked at his install instructions, why is he putting the oxygen back into the engine. He states to hook it to the tee installed in the intake next to the hydrogen. Makes no sense.

Nice looking unit though

I dont know why he is putting the oxygen back in, makes no sense. I vent mine off.
08-26-2008 12:11 PM
hydrodine Offline

Terry_Dodson Wrote:hydrodine how are you seperating them to still get pressure out both hoses? I looked at that link but did not see how he is seperating it. On the one i was making i was using a car battery charger running about 4 amps. Do i need to put some kind of pressure thing on both sides (like an aquarium check valve), then run the H2 one to the bubbler and the Oxygen one just vent into the air? Would that make both put out?

My unit measures 8x4x2 with 3.5 x 6.5 plates separated by 1/8 acrylic.

If you are only running 4 amps that is too low. You need to be up to around 9 to 12 amps and you will see a difference in output.

No you don't need a pressure regulator or a bubbler. Connect to the dirty side of the air cleaner box, air filter will act as a flashback protection for H2.
08-26-2008 12:19 PM
hydrodine Offline

texasdanml430 Wrote:also, i wonder if the o2 sensors were tweaked just a little, if the results would be even
better. i understand hydrogen engines run quite lean. but also, if you get carried away
you run into timing issues........

not that i'm getting greedy or anything........

seems to me, the place to start is by getting stock exhaust gas temps FIRST, and keeping
track of them as you go along with the mods..........

I see no need in tweaking o2 sensors with H2, Might get to lean.
08-26-2008 12:21 PM
jrior001 Offline

Good Work hydro.... really liking this idea better than HHO and messing with alll the sensors. Now my mind is racing on how to build one... what type of case are you using? acrylic sheet glued together or some premade case?
08-26-2008 07:11 PM
hydrodine Offline

jrior001 Wrote:Good Work hydro.... really liking this idea better than HHO and messing with alll the sensors. Now my mind is racing on how to build one... what type of case are you using? acrylic sheet glued together or some premade case?

I make all of mine out of 1/4" acrylic and i use weld-on #16 acrylic glue. Cut it out on a table saw.
08-26-2008 07:20 PM
texasdanml430 Offline

so, measuring exhaust gas temp is a waste of time and money?
08-27-2008 06:55 AM
tjh566 Offline
HydroCrazy

So i am still unsure of the basic concept of how this works, care to give a quick rundown on it?
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008 02:24 PM by tjh566.)
08-27-2008 02:24 PM