Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrogen Only System Results "H2"
jjb2888 Offline

RE: Hydrogen Only System Results "H2"
tjh566 Wrote:So i am still unsure of the basic concept of how this works, care to give a quick rundown on it?

can this be moved to the h2 only forum
09-16-2008 04:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hydrotinkerer Offline

texasdanml430 Wrote:so, measuring exhaust gas temp is a waste of time and money?

I have a EGT gauge on my truck. Through out all my HHO and H2 only testing so far my EGT temps have come down on average 50*F. That is on a diesel truck. I don't know how a gas engine would do.
09-16-2008 05:33 AM
gtkco Offline

texasdanml430 Wrote:so, measuring exhaust gas temp is a waste of time and money?

I don't think so. I am going to do it. Especially after watching Cantburn fry his engine. I am a auto ding bat. I want the best baselines I can get my hands on so that I don't do the same thing. If you really feel comfortable reading spark plugs only, then you can save the $100 bucks. I don't trust myself.

hydrotinkerer Wrote:I have a EGT gauge on my truck. Through out all my HHO and H2 only testing so far my EGT temps have come down on average 50*F. That is on a diesel truck. I don't know how a gas engine would do.

Wow, that is great info! Thanks for sharing. I searched but could not find your LPM. I guess the claims that it cools the engine is true! Wow, that is great news.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2008 06:10 AM by gtkco.)
09-16-2008 06:08 AM
hydrotinkerer Offline

gtkco Wrote:

I don't think so. I am going to do it. Especially after watching Cantburn fry his engine. I am a auto ding bat. I want the best baselines I can get my hands on so that I don't do the same thing. If you really feel comfortable reading spark plugs only, then you can save the $100 bucks. I don't trust myself.

hydrotinkerer Wrote:I have a EGT gauge on my truck. Through out all my HHO and H2 only testing so far my EGT temps have come down on average 50*F. That is on a diesel truck. I don't know how a gas engine would do.

Wow, that is great info! Thanks for sharing. I searched but could not find your LPM. I guess the claims that it cools the engine is true! Wow, that is great news.

It's only one 1lpm small cell, But gained 4mpg. Fifty degree's is not alot when it runs 400-600*F. Working on a tero cell for my truck next. Still working on new h2 only for the toyota. Only thing holding me back is my WALLET!
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2008 07:31 AM by hydrotinkerer.)
09-16-2008 07:29 AM
gtkco Offline

hydrotinkerer Wrote:It's only one 1lpm small cell, But gained 4mpg. Fifty degree's is not alot when it runs 400-600*F. Working on a tero cell for my truck next. Still working on new h2 only for the toyota. Only thing holding me back is my WALLET!
Yes but it is 50 degrees in the good direction (ie cooler). And the only heat I can't control is the heat generated by the friction of dollars flying out of my wallet! I hear you on that one!
09-16-2008 03:13 PM
that0n3guy Offline

How many LPM of H2 were going into your engine... I'm betting not very many, probably only 2-3 LPH (yes... per hour).

So maybe the difference here is that you were adding TO MUCH hydroxy before. You stated you were adding 1.2 lpm hydroxy but you didnt compare your lpm h2.

I think your gain in MPG wasn't just because you used h2 only.... I think its because:

-you were pulling less amps on your alternator, which caused less load on the engine,
-you were adding so little gas to the engine that the o2's didnt respond.

To proove that h2 works better than hho, you should setup the same environment with hydroxy... same lpm (or lpm) and same amp load.

I bet you find its not the h2 that makes it better..... but thats just my theory.

http://Aquauto.com - Join our community - See if your vehicle is in our database - increase your MPG
09-16-2008 05:10 PM
Dominic888 Offline

Here is a H2 vendor here in the Los Angeles Area that uses Sodium Citrate as well:

https://www.hydrolectricpower.com/

His units are pretty pricey but Derek the CEO said it qualifies for 100% IRS tax credit, is this true?

This is the results of test perform by California Air Resource Board for there unit.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...mquery.php

just type 643 on the executive order field after D.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2008 03:49 PM by Dominic888.)
09-20-2008 03:48 PM
howiemandel Offline

Tax credit? Its possible, but unlikely, just from a gut feeling. However, I suppose if you got tested yourself by EPA and you DOT, i suppose you could get it so it would be available for a tax credit. Intresting enough for me to research that though, thanks.
As far as the system, it sure does look purty, but production looked weak. And I just think those containers arent really for commercial use, i mean, i really dont. The heat is insane after a while.
I guess what im saying is, its hydrodines system with a dress on. It works, just doubt it works, well. Certainly looks like it should though.
09-20-2008 04:36 PM
Dominic888 Offline

This is the IRS Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit form. I read the entire form but I just do not see the H2 system qualifying, maybe I read it wrong.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  f8910[1].pdf (Size: 268.33 KB / Downloads: 101)
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2008 04:52 PM by Dominic888.)
09-20-2008 04:51 PM
howiemandel Offline

I'll read it, is that the form, that the person is saying is what you need?
Im not sure, every state is different, perhaps there is a state rebate for it. But, I believe I read somewheres, that someone tried to do that, and it wasnt allowed. I would think the thing has to go through some tests, be patented,a nd what not. I dont know, other will chime in soon.
09-20-2008 05:00 PM