Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrogen System
drip32 Offline

Hydrogen System
I just installed a system on my Saturn ion. I should be getting a ridiculous increase but none yet! I have a efie on it and everything is wired right. What have I missed? I'm running at 15amps and Efie is at .22. Please Help!!
06-18-2008 06:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: Hydrogen System
How much gas is the generator producing at 15 amps? Where are you piping into? Do you have any leaks? Are you sure the O2 sensor is functioning properly and not in need of replacement? Do you have an SES light on? Have you tried different amp and EFIE settings?

drip32 Wrote:I just installed a system on my Saturn ion. I should be getting a ridiculous increase but none yet! I have a efie on it and everything is wired right. What have I missed? I'm running at 15amps and Efie is at .22. Please Help!!
06-18-2008 12:53 PM
drip32 Offline

I am piping it into the intake aft the Mass air flow sensor. Efie and O2 sensor are working as they should. I don't know how much gas it is producing though. How do I tell that?
jksav7 Wrote:How much gas is the generator producing at 15 amps? Where are you piping into? Do you have any leaks? Are you sure the O2 sensor is functioning properly and not in need of replacement? Do you have an SES light on? Have you tried different amp and EFIE settings?

drip32 Wrote:I just installed a system on my Saturn ion. I should be getting a ridiculous increase but none yet! I have a efie on it and everything is wired right. What have I missed? I'm running at 15amps and Efie is at .22. Please Help!!
06-18-2008 07:51 PM
jksav7 Offline

The inverted bottle method will give you the production output. Do a search here to find more info on that. I know I've posted on it before. Do you have an ammeter to measure current?

drip32 Wrote:I am piping it into the intake aft the Mass air flow sensor. Efie and O2 sensor are working as they should. I don't know how much gas it is producing though. How do I tell that?
06-18-2008 10:23 PM
drip32 Offline

Should my EFIE be at .3mv to see results? It is at .175 and no results yet. I'm producing about 1.2L per minute of gas at 12amps. It seems as though the fuel isn't lean enough. Am I right or no.
06-20-2008 04:01 PM
hydrodine Offline

drip32 Wrote:Should my EFIE be at .3mv to see results? It is at .175 and no results yet. I'm producing about 1.2L per minute of gas at 12amps. It seems as though the fuel isn't lean enough. Am I right or no.

Good luck on the saturn, i have not had any gains at all. Also you want to feed the gas before the air flow sensor. HHO adds volume to the incoming air.
06-20-2008 04:05 PM
drip32 Offline

Has anyone had gains on a Saturn??
hydrodine Wrote:
drip32 Wrote:Should my EFIE be at .3mv to see results? It is at .175 and no results yet. I'm producing about 1.2L per minute of gas at 12amps. It seems as though the fuel isn't lean enough. Am I right or no.

Good luck on the saturn, i have not had any gains at all. Also you want to feed the gas before the air flow sensor. HHO adds volume to the incoming air.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2008 05:54 PM by colchiro.)
06-20-2008 05:40 PM
jksav7 Offline

You'll have to play around with the millivolts. 175 millivolts would be a good starting point. Maybe you want to try 50 millivolts increments all the way up until the SES light comes on or when you stop getting gains. Of course, you have to get gains first.

I know people on other forums who have gotten gains with their Saturns. I haven't had success with mine yet, but I have a crappy booster on it and no EFIE yet.

06-20-2008 09:39 PM