Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrogen Torch
Zipstor Offline

Hydrogen Torch
Welding with HHO is a ripper, better than any other flame technology, so I do too consider that it worth spending some time on it. Especially knowing the fact that you have your potential welder handy under your bonnet, this opens many possibilities.. like to cut open parking machines on the side of the road to loot them dry etc.. etc..

(02-14-2009 06:28 AM)DodgeViper Wrote:  I BEG TO DIFFER. The amount had all the more reasons for the very large explosion.
Indeed you get a bigger bang but this is not the reason why it blew. The reason is the gas igniting way too far down the line when you turn it off. Any gas type welder will give you a small backfire when you switch it off, that's normal. All you want is that the flame does not reach the container where some gas is sitting, even if there is just a little. Maintaining the level at the top is not a solution regarding that when you will be welding for a few hours, the water level will obviously go down and you will have a buildup of gas at the top.

If you want to weld safely you need a SERIOUS flame arrester, just go to your welding shop in your neighborhood they will know. I have been welding with HHO for months and never had to deal with a bang, ever, and I don't even have a bubbler on my setup. Here is what it looks like:

[Image: 106%20or%20212Lh.JPG]

The flame arrester is the green thing you see.

>> http://brownsgas.com
02-14-2009 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

RE: Dry Cell Project - "NEW VIDEOS"
That's one sweet torch there. Who makes it?
Dodge: your measuring setup isn't bad. Same as bottle method when done right. I didn't know the Pwm was hooked up, but the ammeter showed the amps, so amps are amps. But the low level of electrolyte is a variable to be sure. FIX it man!
02-14-2009 07:31 PM
Zipstor Offline

http://www.hidrogenpower.com/ it's Portuguese.. I got the 24v version, and this one is actually better as a fuel saver as it's designed to make only 106L/h. The tip is not top though, the choke is a bit of a buggery.. Meanwhile, the flame arrester is very effective, but don't ask me what its made of, as I have no precise idea. Ah yeah one thing I gathered: it's pretty decent sized.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 02:37 AM by Zipstor.)
02-14-2009 08:21 PM
Zipstor Offline

Here is that same generator I got fitted in a pelicase (on wheels!):

[Image: Image169.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 02:40 AM by Zipstor.)
02-17-2009 02:38 AM
benny Offline

RE: Hydrogen Torch
Something doesn't look quite right in your picture. HHO burns with a pale blue, almost invisible flame. Your gun in the photograph is emitting a yellow flame, indicating unburned gas, or incomplete combustion. HHO always combusts completely. It's in the nature of the mix.

Can I assume, for the purpose of your photograph, that you have the gun connected to an alternative source/type of gas.

Also, your model in the photograph looks a bit of a poser. You should have at least given him a proper pair of dark safety welding glasses. Or better still, edited him out completely. Make the photograph much more convincing.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 03:24 AM by benny.)
02-17-2009 03:05 AM
Zipstor Offline

Well.. there is only water in the tank I swear.. The electrolyte was baking soda at the time I took the picture so maybe that's why the flame is not blue... I don't know what to say really.. Good point you got here about the incomplete combustion. However this fact does not have any incidence on the functionality really, as it works very good. Very effective on minerals.

There is no alternative source of gas.. why would we do that?

My colleague, Jean-Marc, believe me is doing his best, as I asked him to pose and as a fact he is not confident with hydrogen.. so please give him a break! The dark glasses are hidden somewhere in the picture, can you find them?

About this problem relating to the color of the flame, I have seen some pictures of the generator on its manufacturer's site and it looks quite similar. Do you reckon there might be a problem with the engineering of the unit itself?

Here is the picture from the manufacturer's site:

[Image: 212Lh%2024vdc.JPG]

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 03:53 AM by Zipstor.)
02-17-2009 03:49 AM
DodgeViper Offline

(02-17-2009 03:05 AM)benny Wrote:  Something doesn't look quite right in your picture. HHO burns with a pale blue, almost invisible flame. Your gun in the photograph is emitting a yellow flame, indicating unburned gas, or incomplete combustion. HHO always combusts completely. It's in the nature of the mix.

Can I assume, for the purpose of your photograph, that you have the gun connected to an alternative source/type of gas.

Also, your model in the photograph looks a bit of a poser. You should have at least given him a proper pair of dark safety welding glasses. Or better still, edited him out completely. Make the photograph much more convincing.

Benny I have to agree. My flame was completely invisible. I turned to my son while I had my torch on and ask him to go get a soda can. I could not see a flame, but once I got the torch tip near the can and the label vaporized I knew I had a flame. I see from his first post that the torch gun and his other photos the the torch guns are not the same and the equipment is not the same.

[Image: Hydrogen%20Powered.jpg]
2002 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Ram
4.7L EFI
02-17-2009 04:08 AM
Zipstor Offline

The flame is blue/transparent with this welder only when its cold and delivers a small amount of gas. Try to make a bigger flame and see how if it is still blue. Did you ask your son to make sure he drunk the soda before you approached the flame near the can.. just wondering :]

Hey..Look at this video this guy's nut : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z99dQ_3ZaLA&eur
After watching a few videos involving the Watertorch and some of the old Yull Brown's models, it appears that the flame on these machines is blue actually. Now.. I don't know why the flame is orange with some generators.. does it really matters anyhow.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 04:46 AM by Zipstor.)
02-17-2009 04:15 AM
benny Offline

(02-17-2009 04:15 AM)Zipstor Wrote:  The flame is blue/transparent with this welder only when its cold and delivers a small amount of gas. Try to make a bigger flame and see how if it is still blue. Did you ask your son to make sure he drunk the soda before you approached the flame near the can.. just wondering :]

Hey..Look at this video this guy's nut : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z99dQ_3ZaLA&eur
After watching a few videos involving the Watertorch and some of the old Yull Brown's models, it appears that the flame on these machines is blue actually. Now.. I don't know why the flame is orange with some generators.. does it really matters anyhow.

OK. I think I see the reason for the colour of the gas flame with your particular gun. The manufacturer's advert shows a torch with a red coloured handle. Yours has a blue handle. Gasp
Obviously the manufacturer has altered the generator to emit the yellow flame so that you know which end of the torch to hold. Cool
An excellent safety measure. I hereby apologize for not recognizing this fact immediately. Smile

Unburnt gas means soot. Soot means carbon deposits. Ergo soot is most definitely undesirable.Tongue
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 05:24 AM by benny.)
02-17-2009 05:23 AM
Zipstor Offline

I have done some glass melting with orange flame, no carbon deposit on the glass.

02-17-2009 05:26 AM